Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm up for some games. MadManWithaBox :pac:

I wouldn't be trusting you with any bombs or molotovs either :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You have a mic buddy:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got one round somewhere I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Finished it this evening, Wow! Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Splinter Cell, meets The Walking Dead, meets Drakes Fortune.

Good mix! The ending was especially chilling.

Got one round somewhere I'm sure.

You'll have to add me. Says I cant add you cuzza privacy settings

Timmyctc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus is anyone else experienced Horrible loading times and glitching?Stuck on 0% for ages had to turn off the console and restart a chapter again.Getting pretty annoying.Being like this for the past 40 mins.

Jesus is anyone else experienced Horrible loading times and glitching?Stuck on 0% for ages had to turn off the console and restart a chapter again.Getting pretty annoying.Being like this for the past 40 mins.

Can't say I have. My old ps3 has done that before. When its fan was clogged and twas nearing the end. :( Have you tried cleaning da disc and or fan brochacho?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Noticed some minor visual glitches...nothing serious but the load times are pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Seems i must delete my Game Utility Data and redownload the patch.Going to try it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jaysus still not finished. They don't half give you a lot of game with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm at 80% now, certainly a long 'un.

I really like the direction the game has gone in terms of strong and character, but there are some 'gamey' bits that have also frustrated the hell out of me. This game is not better because it has a sniper section: it's worse if anything. Not because its hard, but because it simply does not fit. That's not the only one - there are levels and mechanics which actively conflict with the fiction: whether that's a siege scene offering you endless supplies of ammo, a runner not noticing Elly running around in front of them, the ludicrous amounts of scissors left lying around a post-apocalyptic world.

This game does so much right that the bits it doesn't are emphasised. It's like it simply cannot shake off some old habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

the ludicrous amounts of scissors left lying around a post-apocalyptic world.

There wouldnt be so much scissors left lying around if you werent playing on such an easy difficulty setting! :pac:

I'm at 80% now, certainly a long 'un.
    whether that's a siege scene offering you endless supplies of ammo, a runner not noticing Elly running around in front of them, the ludicrous amounts of scissors left lying around a post-apocalyptic world.

Im pretty sure they arent actually scissors more generic "blade" items. I think most of the time they just use a placeholder model that appears like a broken pair of scissors. As for the ammo thing its annoying that they semi regularly drop ammo during a rush moment but tbh you're never going to finish the game without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Any tips for this one? I'm at the bit
    just after when Tess, Joel is looking for a friend that may have a car

I'm playing on normal, are people typically killing all the enemies before moving on? Or going the sneaky route? There is not enough shivs to kill all the clickers. I find I am dying a lot and reply the sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

thorbarry wrote: »

I'm playing on normal, are people typically killing all the enemies before moving on? Or going the sneaky route? There is not enough shivs to kill all the clickers. I find I am dying a lot and reply the sections.

Depends. If you want to explore every inch of the map for collectibles, you will have to take everyone out. Throw a bottle, watch the clickers gather and lob a molotov. Molotovs are brilliant at clearing out a room of infected. If you want to just go around them, sometimes there will be too many and you see too good a gap, again throw a bottle to your opposite side and make your move when it is clear.

Having a brick is very handy against clickers. If you find yourself face to face with one by accident and you have a brick, just keep hitting square. A 3 hit combo will finish the clicker, no messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Seems i must delete my Game Utility Data and redownload the patch.Going to try it tomorrow.

Might give that a shot. It's crashing my PS3 after a while.. altho I didn't download the patch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I had a revelation last night when playing MP. I set up a class like so (I realise it's a lot like the default 'Support' class, but this has the added benefit of the Burst Rifle at the cost of Hawk Eye):

Revolver - 0pts
    Burst Rifle - 2pts
    First Aid 2 - 4pts
    Crafter 2 - 4pts

And even though I finished a game of Survivor with 2 kills and 1 execution, I ended up with 1500 more parts than anyone in the game, as I spent my time healing my teammates and supplying them with molotovs, smoke bombs and first aid kits. Was really nice to provide for others, as opposed to focus on killing. Was watching a guy I gave a molotov to after I died, and it saved his ass and won us the round :) Burst rifle is great for keeping the enemy in cover while you focus on healing people too.

I definitely recommend this to anyone interested in mixing it up a bit.

Also, while playing another game of survivor, I was last man standing, and took out 3 of the enemy team in about 30 seconds on the Dam level. 2 Molotov's and the Assault Rifle. Celebrations.

Very enjoyable MP experience with this so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Add myself too if you fancy a few games.

Started Dishonored yesterday and just can't get attached to it. Think Last of Us has ruined me.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Started Dishonored yesterday and just can't get attached to it. Think Last of Us has ruined me.

Yeah, it definitely raised the bar for ps3 games.
    Played some multiplayer matches on release day, wasn't that enthralled to be honest. Gonna give it another try later tonight - you guys can add me if you want: fiddlesticks82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I wrote a general tips and tricks guide, located here. It might help.

More specifically to your question, the majority of the time, I cleared an area of enemies but not via all-out combat. Isolate each one, one at a time, and then quietly take them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm after adding Timmctc, NotorietyH, Mad_Dave (fiddlesticks82) and Cloud493 (MadManWithaBox) there so I'll return later with my Internetz posse having expanded for sure :cool:

I've said it already but I'm irish_lad009 and feel free to add me anyone. It'd be great to see how us boardsies would do as The Last Of Us.
    I've got no mic but I'll be the crafty fecker that's too crafty and ends up getting killed first :pac:

I posted in the Half Life 3 thread how Merle Dandridge (who voices Alyx Vance) posted a pic of herself saying 'back in the booth'. After looking her up, I see she also voices Marlene in TLOU.

So, possible single player DLC of how Marlene
    treks across America?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Throw a bottle, watch the clickers gather and lob a molotov.

:D Thats a good one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Avoidance and Stealth Kills are king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Finally finished it last night, just under 20 hours. Great game. Very surprised I only got 90 or so of the 140 collectables!! Thought I scoured all bar a few places. Must go back on the normal + and give it another go. Tell me you can skip the cut scenes? Died about 60 times, gonna try and get through it with hardly any deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Finally finished it last night, just under 20 hours. Great game. Very surprised I only got 90 or so of the 140 collectables!! Thought I scoured all bar a few places. Must go back on the normal + and give it another go. Tell me you can skip the cut scenes? Died about 60 times, gonna try and get through it with hardly any deaths.

Whats the difference between Normal and Normal+ ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

As far as I know it's just the same but with all your guns and skills from your previous run through.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

As far as I know it's just the same but with all your guns and skills from your previous run through.

I managed to finish it in 15hrs last week so I will def give it another go. Got something like 90 collectables too. Loved the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah that seems to be the general time for people who like to slow down and explore. My first playthrough on normal took me 15 hours and 15 minutes so nice symmetry there. :)

My second playthrough on Survivor is only going to be a few hours shorter tbh by the looks of things. Yes, you know everything and know how where to go but there is literally nothing to scavenge so you spend so much time looking for stuff. I swear to god, there must be less than a dozen "bindings" in the entire game. And Ammo! Don't get me started on ammo.

After Bill's place when you
    get ambushed while driving and end up crashed and attacked by the bandits....on normal I had oodles of ammo. On survivor, I had three bullets. One in my rifle, one in my revolver and one in my 9mm. That was it. Was rock hard.

Definitely makes things tense with the sneaky sneak and making every shot count! I will say this though, I'm much much better at sneaking around without getting spotted. A bits that I got spotted early on normal,
    the bit where ellie covers you with the rifle...on normal I just started firing and slugged it out. On Survivor, I managed to kill all 12 or so of them without getting spotted. It was epic. Reinforcements come in when they all go down stealthily.

Advertisement