Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Anyone up for Multi?

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anyone up for Multi?
    il give it a go

psn: [snipped]

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    il give it a go

psn: [snipped]

Added ye there. You have a mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm not into mp or replaying games straightaway and have a massive backlog so I moved it on. Nice saving for someone who couldn't get it elsewhere and some funds for me. Win win!

I'm the same (and its for sale). Sank 20 hours taking my time enjoying it and it will almost certainly come up on PS+ for free sometime in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

marvsins wrote: »
    I'm the same (and its for sale). Sank 20 hours taking my time enjoying it and it will almost certainly come up on PS+ for free sometime in the future.

Quite possibly six months or so prior to TLoU 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah, I can't see this game being on PS+ for a while. It'll sell to well.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I'd say 18 months or so, similar to Uncharted 3.

Multi is effin class lads. If ye havent played it I highly recommend it. Had some good games with M!cK earlier. So engrossing. Its refreshing too in that if you are left with 2 on 1 its actually such a mountain to climb as opposed to traditional shooters where you could go on double or triple kills handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I can't get into the multiplayer, I've played a few games of it and I enjoyed them, I just don't find it addicting enough to make me want to go back and play more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Just finished the single player campaign, I really enjoyed my 16 or so hours in the game. Not sure I'd want to go through it again though. Next stop multiplayer..

• Advertisement

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Multi is effin class lads. If ye havent played it I highly recommend it. Had some good games with M!cK earlier. So engrossing. Its refreshing too in that if you are left with 2 on 1 its actually such a mountain to climb as opposed to traditional shooters where you could go on double or triple kills handy enough.
    agree great multi, very diffrent. teamplay is vital and the game encourages it, if you lone wolfe it your ****ed and u **** ur team too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What is the MP like?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    agree great multi, very diffrent. teamplay is vital and the game encourages it, if you lone wolfe it your ****ed and u **** ur team too

In one of the rounds. Think it was the Uni, you saved my ass with a well timed molotov :P I appreciated it just so you know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Finally got a copy the other day, the Joel edition too which was handy. It's really engrossing, the opening is superb, the graphics are gorgeous and the atmosphere and feel of it it excellent.
    The gameplay itself may not be anything groundbreaking and the stealthy/weapon crafting stuff has been done before but you genuinely want to stock up on as much stuff as you can and avoiding combat unless you have to is a welcome change from storming into rooms full of enemies. but it's how it all implemented and the relationship between Joel and Ellie that makes it so compelling, I feel bad when I get killed and doing something stupid like rushing through an area does have actual consequences. The little details like how being crouched down behind something Joel stands protectively around her are fantastic little touches that really add to it.

The voice acting is absolutely superb as well, definitely be in the best vocal performances in a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Ah interesting,they've added a find match (no parties) option to multiplayer. Can be very frustrating in a team full of solo players against a full party of people,so should remove that frustration if playing solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I sold mine for 50 euro. Bought it for 10 plus 2 crap games worth about 15. So I basically paid myself 25 euro to play the game of the year.

If I ever want to rebuy it in the future for 10-15 euro, all my saves are on my machine.

I have absolutely no sentimental value attached to the discs themselves, only the game and the save data.

Interesting way of looking at it. If I bought more than a game every 2 years or so at this price I would probably copy you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Got the game working again. Involved cleaning my PS3. Seems to overheat the older consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

krudler wrote: »
    Finally got a copy the other day, the Joel edition too which was handy. It's really engrossing, the opening is superb, the graphics are gorgeous and the atmosphere and feel of it it excellent.
    The gameplay itself may not be anything groundbreaking and the stealthy/weapon crafting stuff has been done before but you genuinely want to stock up on as much stuff as you can and avoiding combat unless you have to is a welcome change from storming into rooms full of enemies. but it's how it all implemented and the relationship between Joel and Ellie that makes it so compelling, I feel bad when I get killed and doing something stupid like rushing through an area does have actual consequences. The little details like how being crouched down behind something Joel stands protectively around her are fantastic little touches that really add to it.

The voice acting is absolutely superb as well, definitely be in the best vocal performances in a game ever.

Yeah for me it's all the little details Naughty Dog put into their games that make it for me. There's plenty of these little things in uncharted as well and they really make it stand out as a very well produced game, with plenty of attention to detail and real dedication you wouldn't expect to find in a big name launch type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

2O5NT4L.gif

I love Ellie in this. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished it earlier, loved everything about it. Characters, story, music, the beautiful environments (winter especially) and even Ellie's jokes.

Loved this little moment too...

DSFAwK3.gif

"Teamwork, yeah!"

If you didn't press triangle then, you are just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Been bashing away at the multiplayer for the past week got through the Hunters 12 weeks now on the fireflies. Its great craic.
    one issue with it is the lack of level balancing I'm only at 15 usually get put with people lower than me then against a team with people in the 20s and higher even over 60s. That's the only issue I have with the game.

As for the players that's a different story too many lone wolves or people not reviving. When they easily can.

Did have a perfect game last night 11 downs 10 executions 0 deaths and 3 revives :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Been bashing away at the multiplayer for the past week got through the Hunters 12 weeks now on the fireflies. Its great craic.
    one issue with it is the lack of level balancing I'm only at 15 usually get put with people lower than me then against a team with people in the 20s and higher even over 60s. That's the only issue I have with the game.

As for the players that's a different story too many lone wolves or people not reviving. When they easily can.

Did have a perfect game last night 11 downs 10 executions 0 deaths and 3 revives :-D

I was fluctuating around 60 men at week 8 yesterday and I'd just gotten one of them challenges all or bust when of course my lag returns and yeah my whole camp is dead now :(

Survivors is the only way to go for me. I tend to be a lone wolf as my strengths lies in hiding in the shadows setting well placed bombs and good sniping positions. I see myself as the team's insurance policy :pac: Also when it comes to reviving people I will if there's no danger in doing so. There's little point in doing so if there's two or three opposition within a 15 second strike range. We're both incapacitated then.

Just arrived in
    Pittsburgh and got ambushed
    man that previous scene getting into
    the high school was heart stopping stuff, with Joel trying to clamber in the window
    and then
    push starting the truck
    were some great setpieces. The pacing of this is brilliant it's never too slow or too intense the character driven lulls between the encounters with the infected are a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I was fluctuating around 60 men at week 8 yesterday and I'd just gotten one of them challenges all or bust when of course my lag returns and yeah my whole camp is dead now :(

Survivors is the only way to go for me. I tend to be a lone wolf as my strengths lies in hiding in the shadows setting well placed bombs and good sniping positions. I see myself as the team's insurance policy :pac: Also when it comes to reviving people I will if there's no danger in doing so. There's little point in doing so if there's two or three opposition within a 15 second strike range. We're both incapacitated then.

That's why I save the easy challenges for the all or nothing like 3 downs or executions :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I keep seeing impressive reviews for this game. 100% virtually everywhere.

But I recently packed away my PS3 and I don't know if its truly worth the effort to get it back. Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain are all I really used my PS3 for!

Decisions!

EDIT: To be honest, it sounds like The Walking Dead but in proper 3d. Same strong male protagonist protecting a pretty young girl who's only purpose is to predictably tug on the heart strings. Been there, done that. What's so different here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Elessar wrote: »
    EDIT: To be honest, it sounds like The Walking Dead but in proper 3d. Same strong male protagonist protecting a pretty young girl who's only purpose is to predictably tug on the heart strings. Been there, done that. What's so different here?

In fairness, that's like saying "Iron Man is a superhero who fights bad guys and I've seen that, so what's the point in watching The Dark Knight?"

While there's similarities in the characters and situation, the stories are completely different. Ellie being a teenager born into that world rather than Clementine being a child at the start of things going bad instantly changes the type of relationship they have with Joel/Lee.

The stories in both games are great but are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Elessar wrote: »

Joel is way more of a grumpy bastard than Lee is (or at least my version of Lee), Ellie is far more grown up and independent than Clementine, the entire story is set 20 years after the outbreak instead of days after it, it's bleaker than the Walking Dead and it's missing the rather large element of group conflict that ran the whole way through the Walking Dead.

C14N wrote: »
    Joel is way more of a grumpy bastard than Lee is (or at least my version of Lee), Ellie is far more grown up and independent than Clementine, the entire story is set 20 years after the outbreak instead of days after it, it's bleaker than the Walking Dead and it's missing the rather large element of group conflict that ran the whole way through the Walking Dead.

Foul mouthed too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Haven't played in a few days, I see there is a new update 1.02, anyone know what it is for? Taking about 15 mins to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one of the reasons for the patch is to remove the sex line numbers masquerading in the pest control ads in game :D

Advertisement