Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Multiplayer's fantastic. Much more tactical than Uncharted's. lot mor sneaking around and biding you time.

I didnt really enjoy the mp tbh, played a few hours last night and really thought it was average, loved the game but traded today as loads of mates have it and can borrow if i feel the need to go through the sp again,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Aw man, that sucks! There's the odd little begin multiplayer like that. It constantly says my explosion expert perk is new because I blocked it early with the pre-order dlc. The constant exclamation mark is driving me nuts. Not nearly as annoying as losing your entire population though. That's very disheartening.

I was wondering what the deal was with the explosion expert thing it keeps popping up for me too. Anyone up for a MP party this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I was wondering what the deal was with the explosion expert thing it keeps popping up for me too. Anyone up for a MP party this evening?

count me in anyway. Going offline for a bit but will be on around 7 or so I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Multiplayer's fantastic. Much more tactical than Uncharted's. lot mor sneaking around and biding you time.

Yeah played it for an hour and I really liked it. I was undeniably hopeless though :pac: Myself and a college flatmate did a lot of 3-team in UC3 but we'd have actually worked well in this as we were sneaky feckers.

Once I get to know the maps it'll be more fruitful I'd say. I'd suggest joining ye in a party but I'd only be letting others down at this stage plus I have no mic so no co-ordination. My connection isn't the greatest either, froze a few times and was left to die in no-mans land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's something that annoys me as a scientist and it's that Naughty Dog have their science all confused.

The clickers are presumably blind and can only detect sound. However they use echoloactioning. The thing is echo locationing allows you to see by bouncing sound waves off objects and using the time the wave returns to build a picture around you. So they aren't actually blind. Which is how sight works except it does the same with light waves and stereoscopy and assumptions to estimate positition. So if they were using echolocationing you couldn't sneak past because they would see you and even if you stood still they'd still see a human shaped object.

Just a small annoyance. I suppose stupid science is a trade off for that terrifying clicking noise.

I also thought about this. I reasoned though that they didn't have the mental capacity to remember if a person was there the last time they looked and as long as it didn't move or make noise, they would assume it to just be inanimate. I also assumed their echo-location just isn't that good since they're still basically humans and working with human ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

C14N wrote: »
    I also thought about this. I reasoned though that they didn't have the mental capacity to remember if a person was there the last time they looked and as long as it didn't move or make noise, they would assume it to just be inanimate. I also assumed their echo-location just isn't that good since they're still basically humans and working with human ears.

Yeah was thinking that myself. I.E. if you throw a bottle they go swinging fists at it in the same way they do when you make noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Playing there and I've fierce lag. Which is a pity as I was against a group of Irish guys. I'm irish_lad009 (fantastic name ha) if any of ye see me stuck in a corner not moving, please show mercy :pac:

Edit: Ah I've given up for the night keep freezing and can only look around me. Very annoying. Was funny when a fella dying looking to be healed crawled beside me and with me frozen couldn't help so he died :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

The game is sold out everywhere in Dublin! :o does any1 know anywhere that has it in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

Has anyone traded this in in Gamestop? If so, how much did they give you for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

matty55 wrote: »
    The game is sold out everywhere in Dublin! :o does any1 know anywhere that has it in stock?

in stock in gamestop according to their website, not sure how reliable it is though, best to ring the store to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Has anyone traded this in in Gamestop? If so, how much did they give you for it?

€30 credit, €21 cash IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 WFMS

I don't know about Gamestop,
    But if you really wanted to trade it in I would try to get to a CeX store if possible
    http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0711719274551
    They give you 29 cash or 33 store credit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I got mine in Charlestown in finglas for 55 and I got the sights and sounds and the Survival pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Best game of its type of the ps3 and xbox id say. fantastic. Very rarely keep games long term but this one ill keep coming back. The soundtrack from the same guy who did The Motorcyle Diaries is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

traded mine in gamestop, 30 store credit plus 25% extra cause i put it against my ps3 so 37.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

cadete wrote: »
    traded mine in gamestop, 30 store credit plus 25% extra cause i put it against my ps3 so 37.50

I thought they only gave the 25% towards games..good to know they give it towards consoles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weiland, Naughtix, sound for absolutely destroying a noob on his first MP game :D man my team sucked. I'm on the last part of the SP so gonna finish that before heading back to MP.

I picked firefly in MP, does that mean I can't join with ye, hunters, until my overall MP round is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Weiland, Naughtix, sound for absolutely destroying a noob on his first MP game :D man my team sucked. I'm on the last part of the SP so gonna finish that before heading back to MP.

I picked firefly in MP, does that mean I can't join with ye, hunters, until my overall MP round is done?

Yep, thats correct whatever faction you choose at the start you keep until you finish the whole 12 weeks of gathering supplies.

On a slightly related note, anyone up for some boosting for online/trophies ? I suck at MP and I really want to get the platinum as I have the plat in all of ND's other PS3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can't find this anywhere in Limerick, we have three gamestops, three xtravisions, three tescos, sold out everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

On a slightly related note, anyone up for some boosting for online/trophies ? I suck at MP and I really want to get the platinum .
    Earn it. What's the point in getting a trophy that way? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »

I picked Fireflies too, so give a shout if I'm online. Even having a two person team working together can make a big difference I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

For a game hailed as one of the best of this generation, in such demand and sold out in a lot of places...How can Gamestop really justify only offering 30 euro trade in (excluding console deposits)?!! They sold it just over a week ago for 54.99!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FLOODY777 wrote: »
    For a game hailed as one of the best of this generation, in such demand and sold out in a lot of places...How can Gamestop really justify only offering 30 euro trade in (excluding console deposits)?!! They sold it just over a week ago for 54.99!

Capitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

FLOODY777 wrote: »

It's a business...

If you want to get better value try selling it on Adverts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

I never said I was selling my copy!

Was curious about the low trade in value vs a highly demanded game (having read some previous posts)...

Anyway...back to NG+.........

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Earn it. What's the point in getting a trophy that way? :rolleyes:

Normally I would but you have no idea how bad I am at the multiplayer haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I picked Fireflies too, so give a shout if I'm online. Even having a two person team working together can make a big difference I find.

Yeah, my team just scattered off constantly while the others always stayed in a group. we got bate 10-0 I think, not sure what way the scoring/respawning works.

Anyway, finished this last night. It was a brilliant game but not the hands down 10/10 like in a lot of reviews. Easy 9.4.

Off to the spoilers thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just picked up a PS3 over the weekend, I'm assuming this is a must buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just picked up a PS3 over the weekend, I'm assuming this is a must buy?

You assume correctly.

Advertisement