Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The Futureguy seal of approval. If its a triple A gaming experience, i get the special edition.

Welcome Joel and Ellie :-)

BA6AD23C-08CF-494D-9389-FC5F79A67A1A-394-0000001E21E3EF10_zpsff78d7d4.jpg

After finishing the game I wish I had bought the special edition for that figure, it looks great :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mutley18 wrote: »
    Haven't played in a few days, I see there is a new update 1.02, anyone know what it is for? Taking about 15 mins to install.

The only SP fix is the sex line numbers. The MP fixes are great. No food loss for disconnection and they applied a fix to the host migration. If host disconnects no food loss either. Less likely to fail host migration too. Implemented a "No party" playlist for those without PSN pals too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Paul1990 wrote: »
    After finishing the game I wish I had bought the special edition for that figure, it looks great :(.

you can still buy it from gamestop, statue only, €100
    http://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/44711/the-last-of-us-joel-and-ellie-12-statue?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3Dlast%2Bof%2Bus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This game is a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

psugrue wrote: »

Ouch, I want it but I don't think I want it that bad.

Damn you, Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Saw a guy hacking/glitching. Last alive in survivor and he melee punched his way through three of them, including getting up after getting shived. Couple of games later same thing. He got up after getting shot and killed. He got killed himself in other rounds so not sure what he was doing.

Played a lot yesterday with two mates. It's not without it's flaws but I'm thoroughly enjoying the MP.

Anyone know what happens if you lose all your clan by failing one of the challenges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw a guy hacking/glitching. Last alive in survivor and he melee punched his way through three of them, including getting up after getting shived. Couple of games later same thing. He got up after getting shot and killed. He got killed himself in other rounds so not sure what he was doing.

Played a lot yesterday with two mates. It's not without it's flaws but I'm thoroughly enjoying the MP.

Anyone know what happens if you lose all your clan by failing one of the challenges?

Depends on the challenge, it'll usually tell you the risk factor when you start the challenge.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Depends on the challenge, it'll usually tell you the risk factor when you start the challenge.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear. If you lose one of the "lose 100% of your clan" challenges what happens? Are you put back to day one week one? Are there any consequences?
    I had one earlier but it was pretty easy. I'm concerned another couple will come before week 12 as I've used up the easier challenges. :o

I'm loving the semi auto rifle and can't wait to unlock the supressor for the 3-burst gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh yeah. If you lose all your clan members, back to day one of the journey you're on.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Are you sure he was hacking? Sometimes with the latency when two guys are fighting from a spectator view timings are off. People are sometimes way far away when punching each other (through walls etc) But i've seen lads seem to go down for like a second but then they appear back standing up. Think its a connection/lag thing most of time.

EDIT: Only seeing now you said he was shivved sorry. That sounds weird alright actually. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I took a photo there over the weekend of the top of leaderboards, must upload it. The top ten were averaging something like 75000 parts a minute, with something like 65 total kills or something, so there's definitely some hacking/glitching going on somewhere.

It was way to dodgy to be lag. He was actually put down twice and he got up. Dead - dead. Was watching it with a friend and we both agreed.

I was told there are glitches that can happen without being instigated by the player. There's one that makes you invisible apparently. Hope it's not something more sinister. Nothing worse than a game you like being broken by hackers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I cleared the single player last night on survivor. Its not terribly difficult at all, I died 155 times in total I think, compared to 50 or so on the hard difficulty. I actually got all the way to the final wave of enemies in the hospital without getting killed. Some things to note about survivor if you havnt tried it yet....

Theres no listen mode, and you wont miss it at all. After playing for about 2-3 hours without it, you'l forget it was even a part of the game. Bonus, this saves you on pills as theres no listen mode to upgrade.

Clickers now have super sensitive hearing. All those clickers you snuck past on the lower difficulty levels, youl have to fight them all this time.

You wont be crafting any nail bombs, melee weapon attachments or medikits. Scissor/blade parts are extremly rare, any you find you need to save for the shiv doors. Even without crafting any of those items, I still missed a shiv door in the suburbs as I didnt have the parts.

You wont be doing any shiv takedowns either.

As expected, Joel takes more damage. I dont think enemies are more resistant to attacks though, open to correction.

There is still the same number of enemies, in the same places.

There are less parts for weapon upgrades lying around, not by much though. I still had maxed out revolver, bow, rifle, flamethrower and holsters by the time the credits rolled.

On Survivor+, I was under the impression that for the + games, you start off with all weapons in your backpack? I started up a game and was only given the pistol. But my pill and weapon upgrades still applied. So I just have to go find all those weapons again. Not a big deal, but I was hoping to tear Roberts goons a new one with the flamethrower.

Not sure if I have the strength to play through a 3rd time with survivor+ Gonna collect that last firefly pendant tonight and see how I feel. :)

NotorietyH and I just played a game of supply raid and finished without a single death :pac:

That is we killed their team the 24 times and they killed our team 0 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Clickers now have super sensitive hearing. All those clickers you snuck past on the lower difficulty levels, youl have to fight them all this time.

I don't know about that, I'm finding it easier this time.
    Overall I'm finding the whole game on survivor easier than I did on normal difficulty, maybe its just because I became used to the mechanics after the first playthrough, but I have less deaths on survivor than I had on normal.

Overall I'm finding the whole game on survivor easier than I did on normal difficulty, maybe its just because I became used to the mechanics after the first playthrough, but I have less deaths on survivor than I had on normal.

I agree its easier, I cleared it four hours faster second play through. But those clickers, definitely can hear you better.

What area are you at at the moment? You'l come to a section where you are unprepared, for me it was the sewer escape. Where the kids are outside and Joel and Henry face 2-3 waves of infected waiting to get out the door.

Had feck all ammo and clocked maybe 30-40 deaths in that one section alone.

I agree its easier, I cleared it four hours faster second play through. But those clickers, definitely can hear you better.

What area are you at at the moment? You'l come to a section where you are unprepared, for me it was the sewer escape. Where the kids are outside and Joel and Henry face 2-3 waves of infected waiting to get out the door.

Had feck all ammo and clocked maybe 30-40 deaths in that one section alone.
    I'm coming up to the part where you try and cross the bridge with Sam and Henry. I'm dreading that sewer part because I know that the only way to get passed that is killing them all.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    NotorietyH and I just played a game of supply raid and finished without a single death :pac:

That is we killed their team the 24 times and they killed our team 0 times

449bf02e-d9c4-43a8-a1d8-a68d0f79f424.jpg

I'm coming up to the part where you try and cross the bridge with Sam and Henry. I'm dreading that sewer part because I know that the only way to get passed that is killing them all.
    The sewer was fine for the most part, just that section. I thought the part immediatly after you get sperated from Ellie, and you have Sam instead, would be problematic. But nope, passed that first time. Itl be grand!

Another note on Survivor, I found maybe 10-12 arrows during the campaign. I think the expectation is that you stealth kill with the bow, and retrieve the arrow after. So missing a shot and losing an arrow is not an option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Finished this yesterday and its been stuck in my head ever since.A absolute masterpiece of a game.Damn you naughty dog for playing with my emotions.Was rooting for the characters for the whole game especially when
    Joel got impaled on the rebar, i just wanted him to get the Fu*k out of there and to safety.That scene and the whole winter part of the game where you get to play with Ellie is where the game really cements itself as a fantastic game.
    .Christ there's movies that dont even come close to this.Hopefully the single player DLC comes soon, just take my money right no Naughty Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »
    Got the game working again. Involved cleaning my PS3. Seems to overheat the older consoles.

Ugh. It's crashing my console again. Everytime I use the keycard in the hotel lobby. :(

I just wanna plaaaay....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is no question that clickers hear you better. On normal, once you are crouched, you can move about at full speed...even right up to them for a shiv grab. If you full speed crouch around clickers on survivor, they hear you. The same applies to runners. They hear you sneak up behind them if you aren't careful. You have to half-speed with the control stick when you are near them....for example when sneaking past them or up behind them for a shiv

NotorietyH wrote: »
    449bf02e-d9c4-43a8-a1d8-a68d0f79f424.jpg

Other team only has three players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh. It's crashing my console again. Everytime I use the keycard in the hotel lobby. :(

I just wanna plaaaay....

My game went a bit haywire where you meet the first bloater.Nothing was working and the characters wouldnt interact.I sorted it by deleting the "Game Utility Data" in the PS3 home menu.Once deleted load the game and you'll be prompted to re download the patch.Worked for me anyway.

Kirby wrote: »

One of them rage quit about two thirds of the way through as far as I remember. There were quite a few rage quits over the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is this game in the mould of Heavy Rain for story telling? Really enjoy that style of play. I know it's most likely a linear plot but that kind of intense story is my cup of tea. Will probably pick this up on Friday night and try get it finished over the weekend.

There is no question that clickers hear you better. On normal, once you are crouched, you can move about at full speed...even right up to them for a shiv grab. If you full speed crouch around clickers on survivor, they hear you. The same applies to runners. They hear you sneak up behind them if you aren't careful. You have to half-speed with the control stick when you are near them....for example when sneaking past them or up behind them for a shiv

When I played on normal I was walking at half speed the whole time because I was terrified, so I guess I don't notice the difference this time around :pac:

You do have to walk half speed in Hard difficulty anyway I'm pretty sure. Any time I went normal crouch walking speed they heard me.

Wait till you get to the mine with Ellie and David. I've finished it twice on survivor now and that section is the hardest in the whole game.
    I have all the trophies now bar the multiplayer ones and I'm finding Multiplayer to be a horrible grind. Every match I'm in its me and 3 other noobs against 4 guys on level 30. Getting slaughtered in every game,not fun.

• Advertisement

He rage quit :pac: Probably around the time he realised that we weren't gonna get killed.

Nialler24^ Party up with ussssss :D

Advertisement