Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Got my first 12 weeks done, no thanks to the randomers i played the last few games with!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Axwell wrote: »
    Got my first 12 weeks done, no thanks to the randomers i played the last few games with!

Max clan of 152. Thanks to you, Keno and Ankh's help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

tok9 wrote: »
    Max clan of 152. Thanks to you, Keno and Ankh's help :D

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just finished Grounded+. Still two sp trophies to get though, Master of Unlocking and I want to talk about it, got all the conversations and shiv doors but unfortunately the trophies are still glitched like the ps3 version :( .

Got the Scavenger trophy before getting all the pendants and comics. Scavenger has a higher completion rate than It was just lying there even though getting all the artefacts is a requirement for Scavenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looking to start playing the MP properly tonight, if anybody has a few games going would you mind adding em markcahill1985 , thanks all

• Advertisement

There are about 4 - 6 of us who play relatively regularly in a group of 22. I'll add you to the message list on the ps4 so you can ask if anyone is up for a game or if a squad is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

There are about 4 - 6 of us who play relatively regularly in a group of 22. I'll add you to the message list on the ps4 so you can ask if anyone is up for a game or if a squad is going.

Could I get added to this list too? Got back into this recently, and it's getting tricker to get all the supplies in public sessions!

PSN is Benzino07

Sure.

I've sent friend requests.

Sure.

I've sent friend requests.

Cheers!

Anybody else able to get a game?

First it was searching for Optimal Game, then searching for close game, and now it's desperate so is searching for any game :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody else able to get a game?

First it was searching for Optimal Game, then searching for close game, and now it's desperate so is searching for any game :P

A lot have moved onto destiny.
    When cod comes out the same will happen.
    And so on with every big game that comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gonna be honest, I'm not really sold on TLOU multiplayer. Maybe it's just me but I find it very much one of those 'How can we adapt a single player game to multiplayer' situations, and so the movement and everything just isn't suited for MPer for me.

I'll give it another bash tho...

For me, it's the most enjoyable multiplayer I've played. I'm probably in the minority with that since a lot of people have stopped playing but even when I get frustrated I still enjoy it.

F1ngers wrote: »
    A lot have moved onto destiny.
    When cod comes out the same will happen.
    And so on with every big game that comes out.

Think in the end it was my connection playing up, when I eventually got in all sorts of weird things were happening, restarted the router and all was good.

.ak wrote: »
    Gonna be honest, I'm not really sold on TLOU multiplayer. Maybe it's just me but I find it very much one of those 'How can we adapt a single player game to multiplayer' situations, and so the movement and everything just isn't suited for MPer for me.

I'll give it another bash tho...

I find it to be a lot of fun, one of my favourite MP games, reminds me a bit of Gears MP which I used to love. It's all about teamwork and stealth to a certain degree, which makes for some very tense matches, helped by the great balance between all the weapons, crafting and the loadouts, there really isn't any OP weapon or loadout imo. I think that is why I like it so much, for me at least, it's a nice break from the usual run & gun type MP games I've played in the past.

I also enjoy the the whole supplies and survivors aspect of it. It encourages you to take every game seriously while in a way ramping up the difficulty of it as you progress, as the better you do, the more survivors you gain which means the more supplies you require each match, almost forcing you to up you game to prevent survivors dying. It's a great feature which I'd like to see implemented in more games.

In saying all of the above, I did find myself not playing it for a long time due to GTA Online, TWD etc and Destiny will probably reduce my game time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Best tactical MP I've played since Chaos Theory!
    Pity I only had a lend of a PS4 and the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I love the multiplayer, im a die hard battlefield player, and at first with tlou mp i was like wtf, and then i quickly picked up its not played with the same game plan.

I love tlou mp and find it really enjoyable moving around the map, taking people out, been in alot of situations with both teams sneaking around only to all move into the same confined area and all hell breaks loose!

At first i wasnt sure what to make of the class set ups, limited loadout points etc but now i find it a great system, nobody is over powered and it comes down to team work and skill. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going try get back to this tonight. Havent been online properly in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elizabeth26

Its an alright game. Not as good as i thought it was going to be

I would play some MP tonight but I'm already behind a few friends on Destiny and want to catch up to them.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm going try get back to this tonight. Havent been online properly in about 3 weeks.

Same here, Destiny is turning into a yawnfest. Will be online later

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_remastered_patch_104/

Patch coming out tomorrow; really want to get back into this haven't had the time of late. Anyone up for a few rounds tomorrow night?

I'm kind of hooked on Destiny.. but I will be back on at some stage alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I bought the PS4 edition a bit ago have only been heavily playing it recently.

Absolutely amazing, one of those where you are always rooting for the main characters. I'm not finished it yet but when I do I'll be genuinely sad the adventure is over and await the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I bought the PS4 edition a bit ago have only been heavily playing it recently.

Absolutely amazing, one of those where you are always rooting for the main characters. I'm not finished it yet but when I do I'll be genuinely sad the adventure is over and await the sequel.

No sequel announced and extremely unlikely to ever be one. Enjoy :)

I assume you mean extremely likely. The game sold extremely well, got a remastered version, a movie is being made on it. No way they'll drop it after only one game.

I assume you mean extremely likely. The game sold extremely well, got a remastered version, a movie is being made on it. No way they'll drop it after only one game.

No I mean extremely unlikely. According to druckmann it's unlikely unless the stars align.

Was talked to death in this thread a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

irishmover wrote: »
    No sequel announced and extremely unlikely to ever be one. Enjoy :)

There will probably be a sequel. Neil Druckmann who directed the game has put the odds at 50%......which is basically code for "It will be done, but l want to do the movie first so leave me alone and stop asking!"

It was a commercial and critical success so there is no way we wont have another game. Naughty Dog might try to portray this indie style image but the bottom line is they are a business and no business passes up free money.

Its very unlikely we will see Joel or Ellie again but I'm almost certain we will see another game in the universe they created.

Kirby wrote: »
    There will probably be a sequel. Neil Druckmann who directed the game has put the odds at 50%......which is basically code for "It will be done, but l want to do the movie first so leave me alone and stop asking!"

It was a commercial and critical success so there is no way we wont have another game. Naughty Dog might try to portray this indie style image but the bottom line is they are a business and no business passes up free money.

Its very unlikely we will see Joel or Ellie again but I'm almost certain we will see another game in the universe they created.

I started digging a little earlier and found a bunch of quotes from druckmann in July saying it may happen. Which completely contradicts what he said for the previous 6 months. He had destinctly said that universe is dead and will be no chance of a second game. He had said even if there was there was no chance of a direct sequel to this story as they didn't want to ruin it and the story had run its course.

I was quite happy with that as there was going to be plenty of other ideas for games in their head. Look at how good jax and daxter and Uncharted has been. They dont need to cash in on TLOU to make an extra buck as they're not in trouble financially. Far from it. This movie was supposed to be it. To allow those who dont play computers games a chance to see the story.

In July he said that the chances of making a sequel was beginning to gather speed. I only read that after posting the first post. Pissed me right off to be honest. Talk about a u-turn. Sure everyone will be happy there's a new one. But I'd much prefer they'd stay true to their word and leave the title to go down as an all time classic and not try cash in on everything that has had any amount of success like Activision and EA do.

Sincerely hope they stick to their word and Dont make a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

irishmover wrote: »
    I started digging a little earlier and found a bunch of quotes from druckmann in July saying it may happen. Which completely contradicts what he said for the previous 6 months. He had destinctly said that universe is dead and will be no chance of a second game. He had said even if there was there was no chance of a direct sequel to this story as they didn't want to ruin it and the story had run its course.

He said that they would do a sequel inthe same universe with different characters or there were rumors of a prequel set some time in the 20 years between infection and TLoU.
    I was quite happy with that as there was going to be plenty of other ideas for games in their head. Look at how good jax and daxter and Uncharted has been. They dont need to cash in on TLOU to make an extra buck as they're not in trouble financially. Far from it. This movie was supposed to be it. To allow those who dont play computers games a chance to see the story.

Yeah look how good those games were in their first iteration. They only got better in each iteration. I do believe Uncharted 2 was one of the highest rated games ever.
    In July he said that the chances of making a sequel was beginning to gather speed. I only read that after posting the first post. Pissed me right off to be honest. Talk about a u-turn. Sure everyone will be happy there's a new one. But I'd much prefer they'd stay true to their word and leave the title to go down as an all time classic and not try cash in on everything that has had any amount of success like Activision and EA do.

Sincerely hope they stick to their word and Dont make a sequel.

The bolded part is your problem really. If everyone would be happy to see a sequel and we know Naughty Dog are more than capable of writing powerful sequels (See Uncharted 2,3 and latter iterations of Jak and Daxter) then not doing a sequel is a bit silly. TBH at first they didn't say outright there wouldn't be a sequel they gave a non answer and hinted at a sequel in the same universe with different characters saying Joel and Ellies story had likely finished.

Also you could do well to avoid the shorthand "EA and ACTIVISION are evil!" argument out of it. Its hardly pertinent to the point. They make sequels of games that sell well and have a demand for sequels. Its hardly poor form given the nature of their job.

Advertisement