Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

etxp wrote: »
    60% of the time I came up against a team of four all using scoped weapons! Was frustrating to say the least being picked off from everywhere!

I have come across scoped players but maybe one per game and I have found I sneak around more to specifically get those players and you can influence a players behaviour by singling them out.

If you are finding full teams of scoped players though sounds painful

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Myself and Tok on ps4 playing a bit of multiplayer if anyones around

There's some new dlc out today.
    ****ty thing is there making people pay for new execution animations. Hmmmm

Anyway I might get back into this Friday night if anybody's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

To be honest.. I'm perfectly fine with that. It seems a bit like a free to play model where the majority of the dlc are things that aren't essential to the game but if you want to support the developer you can.

I'd be a lot happier if map packs were left free and they continued with offering that kind of dlc.

I'm up for TLOU whenever a squad is going!

Yea noticed the new content last night, some new weapons. The cross bow I realised makes you bleed out when hit once it seems!

Will be interesting to see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Going on now if anyone fancies a few games!?

Good games last night with timmy and wolverine aka axwell aka the lion bar factory

Gave into temptation and bought the new weapons for 2.99 I think it was. The alpine rifle i am having some craic with.

Since the update I've noticed the game is more smooth, hadn't a problem before the latest update but really enjoying how mp is on this game.

Sorry Axwell, that bloody PS4 messaging system is a disaster and then i completely forgot to get back.

What's your PSN name Notorious? The more people I can play TLOU with, the better! :)

Also, I'm more tempted to get the execution dlc.. they all seem great.

Gave into temptation and bought the new weapons for 2.99 I think it was. The alpine rifle i am having some craic with.

Since the update I've noticed the game is more smooth, hadn't a problem before the latest update but really enjoying how mp is on this game.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Sorry Axwell, that bloody PS4 messaging system is a disaster and then i completely forgot to get back.

What's your PSN name Notorious? The more people I can play TLOU with, the better! :)

Also, I'm more tempted to get the execution dlc.. they all seem great.

I think I will cave and buy all the DLC for Xmas...

Won't be online until Friday however.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think I will cave and buy all the DLC for Xmas...

Won't be online until Friday however.

Gonna fork out for animations Mick!??

Axwell wrote: »
    Gonna fork out for animations Mick!??

I know...I'm such a hypocrite :D

And the ****e he was giving us the other night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I need to get a ps4 and get back playing with you guys! Christmas is coming :) am I going to have to buy the season pass again?

etxp wrote: »
    I need to get a ps4 and get back playing with you guys! Christmas is coming :) am I going to have to buy the season pass again?

No, the season pass works across PS3/4 so as long as you use the same account.

That said with the PS4 version, it only gives you the weapons and skills from the last dlc. All the maps are included anyway.

On now if anyone fancies a few games

Going on now if anyones up for a few games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I can't seem to be able to connect at all

Servers were down for 30 mins or so. Back up now

Online tonight??

• Advertisement

I will be in 30-45 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I was watching my friend play this on PS4 and I found the 60fps awful to look at, it reminds me of the motion flow option on my dads tv that makes everything look too fluid.

My question is do your eyes get used to this over time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I was watching my friend play this on PS4 and I found the 60fps awful to look at, it reminds me of the motion flow option on my dads tv that makes everything look too fluid.

My question is do your eyes get used to this over time?

Yes. Its an ongoing debate online 30 vs 60 fps. Some people feel 60 is too many, some feel <60 is too few some prefer 30 over 60 and are lambasted by many that feel <60 is pointless etc. Your eyes do get used to it in my experience but whatever your choice bro. Stick with it. Don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yes. Its an ongoing debate online 30 vs 60 fps. Some people feel 60 is too many, some feel <60 is too few some prefer 30 over 60 and are lambasted by many that feel <60 is pointless etc. Your eyes do get used to it in my experience but whatever your choice bro. Stick with it. Don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong :pac:

Thanks bud, I genuinely felt I was going insane because my parents and brothers can't notice the motion control on the tv but it makes my eyes hurt haha. I'll stick with 60 fps on last of us then, I know 60 is meant to be better for gameplay, it's just jarring during cutscenes when I'm not used to it.

There is an option to switch to 30FPS on the remastered version.

That said I only ever switched over to see the difference and the 30fps felt broken to me :P

I didn't have any issue adjusting to it.

Any1 on for an Xmas showdown??

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

So I picked up the game today.every time I load the game it just seems to be frozen at a screen where the 2 characters are standing in a black and white screen
    Anyone else come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    So I picked up the game today.every time I load the game it just seems to be frozen at a screen where the 2 characters are standing in a black and white screen
    Anyone else come across this before?

You may not be able to get day one game updates as the PSN is down - try turning the internet off on PS4 network options and see how you get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Fieldog wrote: »
    You may not be able to get day one game updates as the PSN is down - try turning the internet off on PS4 network options and see how you get on....

Yep that worked,cheers

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any1 on for an Xmas showdown??

I will be on tonight if anyones around and more to the point if I can get on??

Advertisement