Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its not really that diff from UC though. Same/Similar engine so controls all handle very similarly. Heavier focus on stealth granted but the cover shooting is still there. UI is quite simillar and in true Naughty Dog fashion it has some great Set Pieces and that.

The controls are quite similar and there is cover shooting but it's much more limited due to the fact that ammo is so scarce in the game and because the aiming is very wobbly for most of it, unlike Uncharted which is just a flat-out shooting gallery most of the time. The way you play it and the way it makes you feel are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Finished this recently and finished the dlc today. Its f*cking incredible. Just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll definitely be getting back into the mp sooner rather than later.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be getting back into the mp sooner rather than later.

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

I'm not a big console gamer (PC only)but this is sitting on top of the unused playstation under the TV for some time now. Is it that good???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Glebee wrote: »
    I'm not a big console gamer (PC only)but this is sitting on top of the unused playstation under the TV for some time now. Is it that good???

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Just finished the Singleplayer + DLC (Left Behind)
    Fantastic game and the DLC was epic.

Best story driven game I have ever played.

Minor criticism's -

1. I think the game would of played really well with more of a Resident Evil type of atmosphere during 'infected' sections.
    2. The game definitely needed more variety in the puzzle sections instead of move ladder/obstacle from X to y location
    (again a few Res type puzzles would of done the trick)

Overall:
    An unmissable game if you have a PS IMO.
    Atmosphere and gameplay felt like Manhunt on the PS2, without the grind and awful game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 GerSmith

I'm playing this ATM and it's incredible. Got the PS4 version. Unfortunately with full time job, a part time masters and my weekends taken up with assignments and study, i haven't picked it up in about 3 weeks :(

How I will get time to play COD is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

GerSmith wrote: »
    I'm playing this ATM and it's incredible. Got the PS4 version. Unfortunately with full time job, a part time masters and my weekends taken up with assignments and study, i haven't picked it up in about 3 weeks :(

How I will get time to play COD is beyond me.

Set aside a few hours if you can with a fine wine/whiskey, a box of tissues in a darkened room with headphones on and play through TLoU
    then when its over. Play oodles of CoD for the cathartic relief of all them numbers popping up when you make people rage quit and that.

Finally went back to get the platinum today and managed to do that along with all the dlc trophies too.

Think I may get back into a few MP games tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

tok9 wrote: »
    Finally went back to get the platinum today and managed to do that along with all the dlc trophies too.

Think I may get back into a few MP games tomorrow.

Working tomorrow but definitely up for getting back into MP on this during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

definitely coming back to this..destiny was a huge disappointment and COD only keeps me amused for an hour at most..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just finished this earlier (got a replacement after, no problems then).

I'll play through it again at some stage but I think I this time round I was just dying to get though the story to see what happens. Every time a new wave of enemies showed up I'd be a little disappointed that I'd have to deal with them before seeing more of the story.

I'll probably appreciate it better next time round too, being more familiar with the controls and that. It'll be interesting to see alternative ways of dealing with certain situations too.

Does the story deviate at all based on decisions we make? Early in the game we meet a guy who has been bitten and iirc we're given the choice to kill him or not. Does this type of thing impact anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Essien wrote: »
    Does the story deviate at all based on decisions we make? Early in the game we meet a guy who has been bitten and iirc we're given the choice to kill him or not. Does this type of thing impact anything at all?

Nah it's pretty linear, don't think there are any impacts on anything really on the choices you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Essien wrote: »

Nope, just one story really. Any choice is just there for the moment, there's no lasting impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Does anyone know if I buy this now will it have expired? Asking as it's no longer available on the PSN store and I likely won't be buying a PS4 for a while!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-3-the-last-of-us-season-pass/1385311539.prd

Also I notice it has a UK flag on the front. Will it require a UK PSN account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I buy this now will it have expired? Asking as it's no longer available on the PSN store and I likely won't be buying a PS4 for a while!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-3-the-last-of-us-season-pass/1385311539.prd

Also I notice it has a UK flag on the front. Will it require a UK PSN account?

I wouldn't say it is expired and yes you need a UK account for that to work.
    Strange that it's on the Irish littlewoods.
    Maybe shoot them an email asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

F1ngers wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it is expired and yes you need a UK account for that to work.
    Strange that it's on the Irish littlewoods.
    Maybe shoot them an email asking.

May do that thanks! Actually considering on just waiting until I get a PS4 though as I can't play online where I live at the moment the only add on is Left Behind that would be relevant to me :) From what I've heard it's quite good but might just save it until then now.

I finished this last night/this morning with a 12 hour session and it was outstanding. Going to go through it on Survivor and pick up some of things I may have missed and upgrade all my weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Thinking of getting this for the ps4.couple of questions
    Online multiplayer available?
    If I buy a second hand copy do I need to buy an online pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this for the ps4.couple of questions
    Online multiplayer available?
    If I buy a second hand copy do I need to buy an online pass?

Yeah there's online MP and I'm pretty sure you can just play it with the disc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Bought this last Xmas and only got a couple of hours in. My gaming has been very limited lately and mostly on PC when I can.

Has anyone played the PS3 and PS4 version? Was thinking about maybe selling this copy and just getting it for PS4 sometime next year as I have a tonne of good stuff to get through on PC for the moment. If the PS4 version is markedly improved, Ill just wait.

Agricola wrote: »
    Bought this last Xmas and only got a couple of hours in. My gaming has been very limited lately and mostly on PC when I can.

Has anyone played the PS3 and PS4 version? Was thinking about maybe selling this copy and just getting it for PS4 sometime next year as I have a tonne of good stuff to get through on PC for the moment. If the PS4 version is markedly improved, Ill just wait.

It being in 60fps instantly makes it a much improved version plus it contains all the dlc.

I do think there are a few extra bugs on the PS4 version though.. I've just noticed something off here or there that I don't remember being in the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Agricola wrote: »

worth it just for the left behind dlc; very very good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Had this on PS3 and may now try it for PS4 to see how it looks and the fact it has all the DLC included which I never got for PS3 version. Should I play Left Behind before I play the main game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

mutley18 wrote: »
    Should I play Left Behind before I play the main game?
    No. There's some big main game spoilers in Left behind.

Not unless you've already completed the main campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Started playing the MP again after a long spell away on PS3. Is everyone gone scope mad?

I didn't notice on the PS4 when I played a few games the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I've been playing consistently last few weeks and haven't noticed the scope issue, still enjoying MP a lot and only 50 weeks in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

60% of the time I came up against a team of four all using scoped weapons! Was frustrating to say the least being picked off from everywhere!

Advertisement