Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, the bit in Winter where after the hunt you are fighting waves of infected and then a bloater is a complete bollix on Survivor. I have 3 rifle bullets and 2 arrows taking on about 15 runners, 6 clickers and a bloater. This might take a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man, the bit in Winter where after the hunt you are fighting waves of infected and then a bloater is a complete bollix on Survivor. I have 3 rifle bullets and 2 arrows taking on about 15 runners, 6 clickers and a bloater. This might take a while....
    Spoiler?
    There should be a molotov and a bomb there near the dead bodies to take out the bloater. Use David as bait when you can by letting the runners grapple him so you can take them out with your knife by pressing triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Yeh bricks and bottles to stun them too and stab while they're dazed.

Online for the rest of the night if anyone is up for MP on ps4; TEQUILASHOT360

I found that to be the hardest and most frustrating/rage inducing part of the game on survivor. Rest of the game is plain sailing after that part though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a lobby on mp setup if anyone wants to join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bare bones tonight :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Bare bones tonight :o

Soz dude I'll be online on Sunday, tomorrow is match day!! :)

Good hustle tonight lads!

Just done a good 2/3 hours. Some decent games. We probably won 66-75% of the games we played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks for the invites last night.
    Only noticed them when I woke from my drunken stupor...:p:o

• Advertisement

Good laugh last night, interrogation has become my favourite mp mode. We came up against some tough teams but when we were on form we were demolishing the opposition. Its good how the game can change so quick, always keeps it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

When it comes to the extra challenges you have to complete to train survivors, are there any you guys recommend?

I went for Downs and Craft Gifts and got them perfect so far.

When it comes to the extra challenges you have to complete to train survivors, are there any you guys recommend?

I went for Downs and Craft Gifts and got them perfect so far.

Save the easy objectives (downs, executions) for the 100/60% risk missions. Pick the harder objectives for the missions with no risk. Every time you pick an objective it's requirements rise for the next mission so it's best to save your strongest ones for missions of bigger risk. Revive and downs I find are easy on interrogation but will depend on your team. Every game mode will accommodate for different objectives, you can even make use of the survivors game mode by choosing the 'hunting rifle downs' objectives while just hanging back behind your team and putting the enemies on their ass.

I saw in Factions 'The Gif' has been added to Gestures but you have to buy it. I saw a Sports pack, 7 helmets/hats for 8 fecking euro....Madness!

Found The Gif but it's 1.50. Seeing as I have yet to use gesture, think I'll pass. Som cool hats/masks for a euro though, tempted.

Here is the Gif if anyone has cash to splash

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/the-gif-gesture/cid=EP9000-CUSA00557_00-DLC3TAUNTBANDERA

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

From the film, I'm guessing a concept shot, looks class.

1890511_696249917096386_6249528394251627653_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Playing interrogation this morning, in one lobby and i kept taking out two guys but when they were downed they would crawl fast and soon be back on their feet running off, is that them glitching?

I got kicked out of the game and i am not sure why as i was playing the game correctly! Annoying!

Just cleared survivor plus, got through the whole last level only killing one person that you kinda have to. Short 42 parts to completely upgrade all guns, shotgun is only one left so gonna play ng++ on easy up to unlocking the shotgun. After that I just need to clear factions twice, half way through firefly at the moment and far from a chore. Such a great game!

Just need to finish firefly and hunter MP myself, bit of a pain this evening as matchmaking is pretty bad for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Myself and Mick are on now if anyone wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Man, the bit in Winter where after the hunt you are
    fighting waves of infected and then a bloater is a complete bollix on Survivor.
    I have 3 rifle bullets and 2 arrows taking on about 15 runners, 6 clickers and a
    bloater. This might take a while....

Man that bit drove me demented on survivor. Was the only part where I got seriously stuck. It's the reason I'm not playing grounded. You just have to get lucky with ammo drops as chances are you've feck all ammo at that point.

• Advertisement

I actually completed that myself last night on grounded.

When you head into the room you can pick up a molotov and spike bomb I believe so I just held onto them for the end of it.

Other than that I tried to make my bow shots count so I could pick them up after and always carried a brick or bottle to stun the runners and then stab them.

Other than that I'd recommend staying relatively close to
    David
    as the enemies get distracted by him and that can make for an easy 1 hit kill with the knife.

It will take a while though, died a good few times at it myself.

The fight with
    David
    on Survivor was tense man! Killed him 1st time but was ages trying to get the 3rd hit in, hiding for ages and then couldn't find him.

The fight with
    David
    on Survivor was tense man! Killed him 1st time but was ages trying to get the 3rd hit in, hiding for ages and then couldn't find him.

The 1st hit is always the easiest but once you get the 2nd hit in hes movement for the 3rd his is very predicatable.

He moves only when he sees you so if you know where hes hiding he only goes left and right behind 2 pieces fo cover, from my experience of it and 4 play throughs.

now, I've no doubt it'll be a lot harder and more tense in Survivor/Grounded without the listening ability so cant wait to play it on that mode.

I wanna platinum this game, do you need the grounded trophies to do it or just the regular trophy set?

If its just the regular set I've to complete the firefly/hunter journey and also the game on survivor/survivor +

You don't need Grounded to platinum it's only a DLC trophy.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You don't need Grounded to platinum it's only a DLC trophy.

Perfect, I'll probably get around to it eventually but wanna complete the game on survivor and get more hours in online too for both journies.

Think I'm back upto week 3 after losing 100% on the last day of week 6 on Wed/Thur night just gone.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Perfect, I'll probably get around to it eventually but wanna complete the game on survivor and get more hours in online too for both journies.

Think I'm back upto week 3 after losing 100% on the last day of week 6 on Wed/Thur night just gone.

I'm going for the plat as well. Doing the conversations but have been playing drunk and think I missed one :rolleyes:

Haven't really played MP on the PS4 - just a little. When you lose 100% doesn't this put you back to square one? That's what made me give up on the PS3.
    I was so annoyed. I wouldn't probably have minded so much as I just needed one kill, had downed a guy and was blasting away at his head when the game ended. :mad:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm going for the plat as well. Doing the conversations but have been playing drunk and think I missed one :rolleyes:

Haven't really played MP on the PS4 - just a little. When you lose 100% doesn't this put you back to square one? That's what made me give up on the PS3.
    I was so annoyed. I wouldn't probably have minded so much as I just needed one kill, had downed a guy and was blasting away at his head when the game ended. :mad:

The conversations stack so as long as you pick it up in the new game plus it'll pop, if its an early one you missed you're sorted you wont have to go around the map looking for the prompts, otherwise a good guide for the conversations is nearly essential as you'd easily miss a few of them.

Ya, if you lose a 100% challenge you're survivors are dead and you reset back to week one, the only other way it happens is if they die due to being sick/hungry and TBH you'd want to have a couple of horrible games on MP for that to happen. Its much better to play in a team though so playign with the Baords guys online amkes the challaneges easier.

When I lost the 100% one I had it set to revives and I needed a minimum of 8 revives, I think on the 3rd day I got it up to 7 revives and couldnt get the last one in, its a pain in the arse but I've ;earned from my mistakes and I'm going to leave the "easier" challenges for the 100% risk challenges and I should make it to week 12.

Completed the Hunter 12 weeks last night.

It's so relieving seeing you only need to get 9 parts as opposed to 100 when you start from scratch again. :p

• Advertisement

Was doing a 100% risk mission last night and needed 20 downs, went into my last game with 16 but I got an error half way through so don't know if I completed it or not a I turned it off after the crash

Advertisement