Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Where would be a good guide to find all the collectables?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

IGN have a walkthrough and you can pick what you need or else just checktheir complete walkthrough and check in chapters what you're missing in each chapter and make a note of it so whenyou play through again you can flick through the IGN guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I used this one, reads easily on the phone as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/783739-the-last-of-us-remastered/faqs/67225

The Jokes are listed under the guide so have a quick look first so you know where the first joke occurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did the bloater fight on survivor, wasn't that hard. I got it on the 3rd try anyway.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I used this one, reads easily on the phone as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/783739-the-last-of-us-remastered/faqs/67225

The Jokes are listed under the guide so have a quick look first so you know where the first joke occurs.

If you're looking to Plat the game then a guide for the jokes is a must, everything else can be got, optional conversations, artifacts, pendants but the jokes are all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jones

Are many of you playing on grounded difficulty? As someone who has finished the game 3 times on ps3 grounded is HARD!!!!! Literally no resources but dammit i love it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jones wrote: »
    Are many of you playing on grounded difficulty? As someone who has finished the game 3 times on ps3 grounded is HARD!!!!!

Took the best part of the year to psyche myself up to play through survivor. Can't see me ever trying grounded.
    3 times enemy damage & feck all supplies errrr no.
    Survivor is hard but there was only a couple of spots I got stuck on for a while. Wouldn't like to ramp up the difficulty too much though.

Playing through on normal now and have tonnes of ammo, 3 medi packs, molotovs, nail bombs, shivs, a shived weapon, 3 smoke bombs and almost everything upgraded on first playthrough at Winter. On survivor I had very very very little of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm playing on grounded now and I'm just about to start the fall chapter.

I actually still found that I had a decent number of ammo/supplies in the sewer section but to be fair I had been conserving it very well.

I'm a small bit low now heading into the fall so I'll probably go back to overly stealthy again.

Playing through the game is making me remember why I rate it so highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Ya completed grounded last night, found it easier than my first run through on survivor as I was more clued into what was going on. Human enemy AI is rubbish and easily taken advantage of.

• Where would be a good guide to find all the collectables?

This one is better; includes everything except conversations and includes pictures and decriptions for each area.

http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us-collectible-locations-guide-walkthrough/

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This one is better; includes everything except conversations and includes pictures and decriptions for each area.

http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us-collectible-locations-guide-walkthrough/

That's a great one actually showing a pic for each collectible.

Soon as I complete my Hard + game I'm going back to online play so should be online tonight or tomorrow for a few games.

I've to get around to survivor and survivor + in the coming weeks too.

Ya if anyone is around for any MP tonight I'm on PS4, psn id; TEQUILASHOT360.
    Haven't really played it much so not really sure what has to be done in any of the game modes but you can count on me to just shoot sh1t until its dead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I miss a collectible can I replay the chapter I missed it on or do all collectibles have to be gotten on the 1 play through? I'm doing well so far with them but have literally missed 1 in Pittsburg :(
    BTW if anyone would like to add me for some MP my psn is Gamer7746 haven't got round to the MP yet :)
    Gandalph wrote: »
    Yeh I'm the same, just about finished grounded mode and missed one training manual (damn shiv door) and wonder do I have to go back through the game on grounded+ to collect it? I can't just restart the chapter because I still won't get enough supplies to create a shiv :(

You can replay the level to get what you missed.

Everything:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jones

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Soon as I complete my Hard + game I'm going back to online play so should be online tonight or tomorrow for a few games.

I've to get around to survivor and survivor + in the coming weeks too.

Skip survivor and play grounded!!

• jones wrote: »

Snap just about to post that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Just finished this on Hard...what's everyone's consensus on the ending. I'm kinda conflicted myself.

jones wrote: »
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Snap just about to post that :)

Next stop is MP for a few days. Had great craic with ye lads last week with the Bows :)

Next stop is MP for a few days. Had great craic with ye lads last week with the Bows :)

Add me if I haven't already - sheehy83. I will be on MP tonight.

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Add me if I haven't already - sheehy83. I will be on MP tonight.

As will I after the real Madrid match. Still on 2 weeks holidays. 8 cans of beer in the the fridge :)

And finally got me internet sorted. However the match making is still hit and miss even after the patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

brevity wrote: »
    Just finished this on Hard...what's everyone's consensus on the ending. I'm kinda conflicted myself.

What didn't you like about it? Kind of leaves it hanging a bit, but I like it. I think it sets it up in any sequel
    that there'll be a split between Joel and Ellie because of his lie at the end.
    Dunno how writers would flesh out that bit, but it might be a theme?

Actually, is there a second one in the offing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

What didn't you like about it? Kind of leaves it hanging a bit, but I like it. I think it sets it up in any sequel
    that there'll be a split between Joel and Ellie because of his lie at the end.
    Dunno how writers would flesh out that bit, but it might be a theme?

Actually, is there a second one in the offing?
    They're open to another game set in the same Universe but as far as the Joel and Ellie story is concerned it's over.

This is not much help to anyone on the easier modes but for survivor or grounded (as ammo is precious) I found that after the bit
    were Tess dies
    and you first pick up the hunting rifle off the dead body, walk down the hallway a bit in front of you where the patrol spawn and either get killed or just reset encounter. Once you start again you will have the rifle with 3 bullets but can turn back around and pick it up for a second time for an extra 3 rounds. I don't know about anyone else but it makes me feel like a rich man with 6 ammunition for one gun on grounded mode, doesn't happen often.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Gandalph wrote: »
    This is not much help to anyone on the easier modes but for survivor or grounded (as ammo is precious) I found that after the bit
    were Tess dies
    and you first pick up the hunting rifle off the dead body, walk down the hallway a bit in front of you where the patrol spawn and either get killed or just reset encounter. Once you start again you will have the rifle with 3 bullets but can turn back around and pick it up for a second time for an extra 3 rounds. I don't know about anyone else but it makes me feel like a rich man with 6 ammunition for one gun on grounded mode, doesn't happen often.

Yeah I just discovered that a couple of days ago! Felt like I could take on the world. :)

• Some great games tonight with tok. Then sheehy and wolverine. Need to figure out how to compress this video because there was an epic supply raid comeback I saved using the ps4 clip recorder. As soon as I figure it out I'll post it.

As long as it's not a vid of the last game we had, that was shyte :pac:. I usually upload a vid from ps4 to facebook, only I can see, then use a site to download any vids online like youtube, facebook etc. and then upload to youtube. Will be much handier when we can upload straight to youtube later this year.

I can't think of the download site I use but will look it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya the games last night were very good.

Not sure if Irish_stevo could hear us last night for the 2 or so games he was with us! :p

Was hoping to get in some MP time last night but got stuck on
    the Hospital in Salt Lake city when you've to fight the fireflies
    I didnt even make it up the stairs in an hour of gameplay, tried run and gun, sneaking, waiting.

F**k me I had a nightmare time of it, turned off in frustration just before midnight. :mad: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was hoping to get in some MP time last night but got stuck on
    the Hospital in Salt Lake city when you've to fight the fireflies
    I didnt even make it up the stairs in an hour of gameplay, tried run and gun, sneaking, waiting.

F**k me I had a nightmare time of it, turned off in frustration just before midnight. :mad: :o

I often find when you get stuck like that there's just no getting past it. Bet you clear it on the first or second go next time you fire it up. Always seems to happen to me.

• Advertisement

First time I forgot about the assualt rifles so got cut down, I've plenty of ammo, bombs, FAK's so I'll just have to take it easy and sneak kill as many as possible.

Advertisement