Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Even the traffic vectras were fast motors, only In a straight line though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

carzony wrote: »
    Even the traffic vectras were fast motors, only In a straight line though :D

What engine is in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

1.9 cdti 150ps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Yeah i know :(, purely asking for that car because Im a member of the opel membership club(yes one exists lol) i have an opc v8 2.5 ltr myself but seeing it been driven that way by a pro and the was suppose to be was to driven was unbelievable and unusual dash-master was 4LEDs white and blue...
    Also as i wrote this there was eru landcruisers and public order vans on sheriff street presume they were heading there

I assume you meant to say V6, not V8?

Still a seriously quick car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I assume you meant to say V6, not V8?

Still a seriously quick car though.

Apologies, v6 fat finger syndrome when I text lol but yes v6. Unbelievable purchase compared to the plastic things thats there now

• Advertisement

Also as i wrote this there was eru landcruisers and public order vans on sheriff street presume they were heading there

They've been around there all week with the recent murders.

Think that Vectra is ex PSNI.

Yeah its a uk spec vectra the alloys and body work is only on uk type models.
    My opc looks plain compared to it.
    The lad driving it new how to throw it about about considering the oversteer they have know for.

Just looking through a few threads there to see if a photo appeared and it seems people saw opc models on the m8

I found it post in photo thread

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

I found it post in photo thread

I seen a video of it on YouTube two years ago il find it and post it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

So is this Garda Vectra an Opel or Vauxhall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

So is this Garda Vectra an Opel or Vauxhall?

Have a harder look at the badge on the boot door ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Bigus wrote: »
    Have a harder look at the badge on the boot door ;)

Except that might not even be the one AGS now have
    You can't say for sure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its a Vauxhall Vectra VXR 2.8 twin (scrolled) turbo charged engine.

Serious car.

Mod Note
    No mention of the unit of which it is attached or where it is based, thank you.

Thanks turner.

Was just interested to know whether it was a genuine VXR or OPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Lads what ever about the vectra...those opel vans look dire 🙈🙈

Not liking the new vans atall..

Not liking the new vans atall..

There only about 20 of them hopefully it won't be anymore

Surprised they haven't kept on the Transit connect (or have they?) but I suppose it all comes down to price..

They;ve had to extend the roof I see which was never an issue with the Conenct

They look something the ghostbusters turn down, cant imagine lads being impressed with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Of course the Vectra is PSNI cast off! At least those Opel Combi Popemobiles don't seem to be second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Surprised they haven't kept on the Transit connect (or have they?) but I suppose it all comes down to price..

They;ve had to extend the roof I see which was never an issue with the Conenct

To be fair the transit connects are ideal for warrants or compol...

POGAN wrote: »
    There only about 20 of them hopefully it won't be anymore

Will they have a particular purpose for a dedicated unit? Can't see the logic behind buying them over more connects which they'd atleast get a better deal with.

Will they have a particular purpose for a dedicated unit? Can't see the logic behind buying them over more connects which they'd atleast get a better deal with.

same as connects compol i would think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The silver OPC/VXR was around my neck of the woods last week. There is an ongoing burglary issue in the area. First time I've seen it - on tick-over in the dead of night, the thing growls! 2 plain clothes detectives with Garda vests. The reg it was sporting last week doesn't come up on the reg check sites, so its either staying undercover or just recently imported? Good to see nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Must say
    I hate the red on the new Garda Audi Q7 makes it look tacky.

It must be a new European requirement for all armed police vehicles, anybody know?

D Trent wrote: »
    Must say

It must be a new European requirement for all armed police vehicles, anybody know?

I really like the red:o:o makes it standout and look a little more serious..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

Must say

It does indeed look tacky, the batten-burg looks awful as well.
    The red markings on the front kind of go against traditional vehicle markings as well, would have assumed that red was always for the back and yellow red stripes at the side of commercial vehicles.

I think its uk and Irish and thing that the red signifies the armed members on board.
    The met in london just purchase completely red BMW or opel zafiras for there ARV units.
    As oppose to the psni where everyone is armed so no need for specific markings

Considering every other country in Europe except the UK have all vehicles armed I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I think its uk and Irish and thing that the red signifies the armed members on board.
    The met in london just purchase completely red BMW or opel zafiras for there ARV units.
    As oppose to the psni where everyone is armed so no need for specific markings
    No, the red ones are for royal and diplomatic protection. The majority of armed vehicles in the Met are silver with no red flashes anywhere. To signify that they're armed they have a yellow dot on the windscreen and an asterisk on the roof.

11197243235_bdb94c4777_b.jpg

Advertisement