Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Will they ever use the BMW m5 they have in lock up??? There are a few.

The BMWs they are seized for proceeds of crime once the investigation is over the state take ownership and majority of the time sell them on.

Seen the insignias(2) today at full pelt, i can confirm, they are not your ordinary opels insignia lol, the traffic i30 was in convoy with them and was left for dead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Seen the insignias(2) today at full pelt, i can confirm, they are not your ordinary opels insignia lol, the traffic i30 was in convoy with them and was left for dead

They are quick but they still an opel at the end of the day.

I've had bad experience with a number of them over the years.

Rs4 or 6 would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Rs4 or 6 would be nice

Why don't we have Interceptor units like in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Was this cork or Dublin?

• Advertisement

Rs4 or 6 would be nice

I know oversteer a massive issue opens but in a straight line with the right driver there are very little normal cars that would out run them

D Trent wrote: »
    Was this cork or Dublin?

It was in Dublin n11 towards donnybrook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The insignias are the best purchase in years...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

carzony wrote: »
    The insignias are the best purchase in years...

I'd claim the Vectra OPC/VXR import is. More of the same please. Give the lads/ladies the tools to do the job we seem to demand more and more of them :)

Id like to see the volvos in traffic instead of sending out to be sold still a big piece of kit to be doing away with

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Why don't we have Interceptor units like in the UK?

Seriously why not?

Seriously why not?

We do they are just unmarked 4 530D's, two volvo silver, volvo one of which was in incident on dame street which rendered it "write off" there is also an RS focus, in cork they've still got the st220 mondeo which has been photographed a couple of times, Google search should show it, im not saying the name of the unit for obvious reasons but they're there

Did not know that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Are the new Audi Q7s not going to be a kind of interceptors its all about getting to them asap.

Are ANPR cameras now on all junctions of the motorway system? As that is the main reason for the interceptors as when they get a ping on a camera and then use the fast cars to catch up.

Did not know that. Thanks.

No problem at all, they're extremely covert so i wouldnt go tearing up the m50 thinking they wouldn't be businesmans beemer lol

afatbollix wrote: »
    Are the new Audi Q7s not going to be a kind of interceptors its all about getting to them asap.

Are ANPR cameras now on all junctions of the motorway system? As that is the main reason for the interceptors as when they get a ping on a camera and then use the fast cars to catch up.

I think the anpr cameras are on the major boarder roadways I don't think they are on the like of the m50 etc but i could be wrong though. i know for definite they're on border roadways because its part of the new "hot pursuit " legislation coming into force during the year which is now public knowledge.
    I think the Q7s are kind of proactive in gang crime and the reactive to other incidents like chases because with the likes flash bangs etc in those cars its tge last thing you'd want in a collision with a scrouthe on a get away mission

The new Q7's are for the RSU and will replace the xc70's.

The new Q7's are for the RSU and will replace the xc70's.

It would be good if xc70s went unmarked in traffic colours so they still in service they are still serious machines

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd say they're well done now. RSU wouldn't exactly be known for their conservative driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

i can honestly say they where definitely not in the car i seen

May i enquire as to how many unmarked cars (operational or not) in the AGS fleet driven by superintendents you have examined?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

ciarsd wrote: »
    I'd claim the Vectra OPC/VXR import is. More of the same please. Give the lads/ladies the tools to do the job we seem to demand more and more of them :)

Always be different opinions on this but I would say that the v6 mondeos where the best they bought. The insignia's look the part alright but there still diesel at the end of the day.

I think the anpr cameras are on the major boarder roadways I don't think they are on the like of the m50 etc but i could be wrong though. i know for definite they're on border roadways because its part of the new "hot pursuit " legislation coming into force during the year which is now public knowledge.
    I think the Q7s are kind of proactive in gang crime and the reactive to other incidents like chases because with the likes flash bangs etc in those cars its tge last thing you'd want in a collision with a scrouthe on a get away mission

There are plenty of Garda cars fitted with ANPR on the M50. Its a major motorway and artery in Dublin going to and from the surrounding counties.
    May i ask why ANPR is on the border roadways under this "hot pursuit " legislation? Is anywhere else getting this attention or just the border ,and when is it coming In?
    The Audi Q7"s are RSU replacements. I do not think the carrying of flash bangs dictates pursuit policy and want incident they can or cannot attend . I think the modern flash bang can survive a crash!! The RSU members are very well trained and equipped and will react like any other unit to an incident if required and nearby. These are the very guys you want to hear assisting you.

The new Audi Q7's are replacements for the Regional support units nationwide ( armed units). There is no ANPR cameras on junctions. In the UK they have static and mobile ANPR cameras and they do set up operations where they get hits and send the traffic lads after them, seems to work and gets great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

ANPR still has no access to insurance details which is the most important thing to be checking :rolleyes:. That seriously needs to be sorted out.

flazio wrote: »
    I'd say they're well done now. RSU wouldn't exactly be known for their conservative driving.

Thing is the Garda would have likely pumped money into them for repairs and maintenance.

There are plenty of Garda cars fitted with ANPR on the M50. Its a major motorway and artery in Dublin going to and from the surrounding counties.
    May i ask why ANPR is on the border roadways under this "hot pursuit " legislation? Is anywhere else getting this attention or just the border ,and when is it coming In?
    The Audi Q7"s are RSU replacements. I do not think the carrying of flash bangs dictates pursuit policy and want incident they can or cannot attend . I think the modern flash bang can survive a crash!! The RSU members are very well trained and equipped and will react like any other unit to an incident if required and nearby. These are the very guys you want to hear assisting you.

I think He asked where they on a motorway system suggesting like the uk and having it on motorway at a fixed point.
    The new legislation is suppose to suggest relations between both states have strengthened but criminals can get to a certain point on a stretch and gardai or psni have to turn around and call the relevant station to respond.

The hot pursuit legalisation will apparently be putting in for fixed anpr cameras that read the vechiles going passed that point being chased or followed or otherwise.
    The legislation will also state that gards and psni will pursue across the border until the pursuit will be deemed safe to hand over. But approximately 30 miles is suggested to be the limit.

I know flash bang in particular would not suggest if they be made deemed suitable for a pursuit or not but i was putting in a category with which the RSU use on explosive but what i was saying was the armed unit is to fight gun criminals in the case or what happened recently but obviously common sense would say if a chase happened they would get involved like in a recent video on YouTube.
    I will refer to that as it is the better example of what I'm trying to say.

There is only one unmarked trafffic corp unit in response to get away vechile and the xc70 assisted but did not execute any pursuit cancellation technique as they left that too that too traffic lads to do. (I suggest you watch the video if ive lost you at this point lol :) )
    Which brings back to the my point that they cannot ram or hit a car pace unless deemed absolute.

When an xc70 or any armed unit is involved in a collision like a couple of years ago with a marked tranist in drogheda the occupients where thankfully ok in the end put if you find or manage to see the photo another armed was called upon straight away to remove and account for everything in the boot.
    If ive lost I understand but i hope it explains my points.

I know they are well trained i know what they go through they are obviously trained jn all aspects of the job including pursuits with an over wieght vechile but theyre there for the purpose of an armed response not pursuing vehicles obviously if they are there when it is necessary they will do it until the relevant corp unit turns up basically like any other unit that specified skill set is in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

I think He asked where they on a motorway system suggesting like the uk and having it on motorway at a fixed point.
    The new legislation is suppose to suggest relations between both states have strengthened but criminals can get to a certain point on a stretch and gardai or psni have to turn around and call the relevant station to respond.

The hot pursuit legalisation will apparently be putting in for fixed anpr cameras that read the vechiles going passed that point being chased or followed or otherwise.
    The legislation will also state that gards and psni will pursue across the border until the pursuit will be deemed safe to hand over. But approximately 30 miles is suggested to be the limit.

I know flash bang in particular would not suggest if they be made deemed suitable for a pursuit or not but i was putting in a category with which the RSU use on explosive but what i was saying was the armed unit is to fight gun criminals in the case or what happened recently but obviously common sense would say if a chase happened they would get involved like in a recent video on YouTube.

There is only one unmarked trafffic corp unit in response to get away vechile and the xc70 assisted but did not execute any pursuit cancellation technique as they left that too that too traffic lads to do. (I suggest you watch the video if ive lost you at this point lol :) )
    Which brings back to the my point that they cannot ram or hit a car pace unless deemed absolute.

When an xc70 or any armed unit is involved in a collision like a couple of years ago with a marked tranist in drogheda the occupients where thankfully ok in the end put if you find or manage to see the photo another armed was called upon straight away to remove and account for everything in the boot.

If ive lost I understand but i hope it explains my points.

I know they are well trained i know what they go through they are obviously trained jn all aspects of the job including pursuits with an over wieght vechile but theyre there for the purpose of an armed response not pursuing vehicles obviously if they are there when it is necessary they will do it until the relevant corp unit turns up basically like any other unit that specified skill set is in that area.

Are you referring to the crash a few years ago between a Garda Transit van and an RSU Volvo at the junction of Boreenmanna Road and the South City Link Road in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

It would be good if xc70s went unmarked in traffic colours so they still in service they are still serious machines

the xc70 are fit for the scrap yard

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

kub wrote: »
    Are you referring to the crash a few years ago between a Garda Transit van and an RSU Volvo at the junction of Boreenmanna Road and the South City Link Road in Cork?

I think he is! it was only 30 seconds away from the station, they had assistance in seconds

I'm finding your posts hard to read so forgive me if I answer them incorrectly.

This is the M1 incident, it was a car attached to the regular unit and an RSU car involved. Hard to see exactly what happens to the car in it. This was a couple of days after the murder of Adrian Donohue.

I'm not sure what training the RSU have re hitting cars but the standard and advanced driving course don't cover it. The ERU have rammed vehicles before and they'd have a bigger range of weapons in their vehicles. The RSU vehicles have custom safes for their equipment too so would be fine in a collision.

• Advertisement

If ive lost I understand but i hope it explains my points. .

That collision was in Cork. And the weapons would have been removed by somebody authorised to handle them. The unarmed/untrained mule would have nothing to do with them. As the Volvo was going to a third party garage all removable equipment would be removed.

Advertisement