Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I guess that surge protectors and general fuses are illegal in the 24th

They're just letting out the magic smoke! :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

They're just letting you onto the secret of electricity. Forget electrons, current etc. It's smoke that makes electronic devices work. Ever notice how when smoke comes out of something it stops working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In fairness, it better than "Captain, that last shot just blew the fuse for the shields" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Oh I don't know, might be nice to have something to relate to like "Captain we're out of 60watt fuses but If I order them online now we can have them for the next battle"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Maybe they ran out of fuses in season 1 and are just jimmying the consoles with tinfoil.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    In fairness, it better than "Captain, that last shot just blew the fuse for the shields" :p

For some reason I can only imagine Chakotay saying that.

Backed up by adding shampoo to the Gel Packs.

Speaking of, isn't Beltran in the fans bad books over something he said there a while back. What was that all about?

He did some interview where he bad mouths everything about Star Trek.
    i don't think it was a serious thing just meant to poke fun but backfired.

http://voices.yahoo.com/video/robert-beltran-interview-764019.html?cat=60

Here's one of them, I think. Starts at 1:16.
    N: Shakespeare?

RB: Of course, that's the only reason I wanted to be an actor, you think I wanted to be on ****in Star Trek? No ****in way!

In fact, when I..I thought it was punishment for everything in my life up till that point. Thanks, dear Lord for the... uh, Star Trek gig.

You know, "Shields are down to 10%" does anybody think anyone's going to die? **** no, we're going to make it because we have four more years to go. So give me a ****in break with the ship shakes, and all this ****in...****in bridge scenes.

"Captain, the anomaly is coming closer to us. Reroute the kuka-kuka to the moogla-moogla and we'll be OK. It's not working Captain, we're gonna die!" No we're not; we're going to be back next week, ye stupid mother****ers.
    And at 2:30
    RB: I had people crying, and...(mimics crying) "What do you mean you don't like Star Trek?"...I'm very cruel with those cases. "I hate it. I hate it, it's really ****ing stupid. People who like Star Trek suck."
    And at 2:50
    N: (mimics ST fan with macho voice) "So in episode 37, when you were standing on the bridge you were standing maybe 7 feet to the left in the next shot, did you notice that continuity error?"

RB: Go **** yourself.

N: Thank you.
    There's being candid, and there's being insulting and that doesn't come across as funny.

Another video, an invitation to ST fans to watch his (then) new play.
    I busted my ass off for seven years playing Chakotay... on Voyager. Having to work with Tim Russ and Ethan Phillips, you have no idea how difficult that is. And Bob Picardo walking around going 'I'm signing autographs!'"
    I don't owe that guy jack-****. Apparently it was another joke. Much like his acting, the joke fell flat on its face.

• Advertisement

Wow, the chap needs to grow up a bit. Frat-boy type humour with grey hair? Not a good look Bob :rolleyes:

Far too crude to be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

'Captain. We're running low on bags for our hoovers. Either we start buying some Dysons or we're going to be transporting a hell of a lot of sh*t out into space!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I forgot the only gem in that horrible, horrible episode:
    :D:D:D:D:D

Heh, yeah. Discovered the clip a while back. :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Black Oil wrote: »
    Heh, yeah. Discovered the clip a while back. :D :pac:

Ah, Code of Honour, what an unforgettable episode, its amazing it was even made in 1987 with all the racist trash which informs it. Possibly the worst yet funniest (in a laugh at rather than with kind of way) episode in trek history. I mean it was even more backward and cheesy than any TOS episode which is quite an achievement.

Ah, Code of Honour, what an unforgettable episode, its amazing it was even made in 1987 with all the racist trash which informs it. Possibly the worst yet funniest (in a laugh at rather than with kind of way) episode in trek history. I mean it was even more backward and cheesy than any TOS episode which is quite an achievement.

Starts at approx 3:30, Jonathan Frakes on the worst TNG episode.

I have to say I like Frakes, always seems like such a warm character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just finished season 5 of DS9 last night. I remember seeing it when I was younger and the rush of excitement on seeing the Federation fleet!

Is it wrong that I probably got more enjoyment seeing it again now that i'm all grown up?? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Just finished season 5 of DS9 last night. I remember seeing it when I was younger and the rush of excitement on seeing the Federation fleet!

Is it wrong that I probably got more enjoyment seeing it again now that i'm all grown up?? :D
    I'm the same when they start the battle to retake DS9 I just knew the Klingons would arrive and when they did I jumped around the sitting room.. I still get excited watching it now. The battles in DS9 were great

Have to say, getting to watch them in chronological order as opposed to the disjointed way episodes can be on sky is really adding to my enjoyment of it all!

Had all of TNG on a hard drive there last year but the hard drive broke. To be honest it's a lost I still haven't come to terms with :(

Have to say, getting to watch them in chronological order as opposed to the disjointed way episodes can be on sky is really adding to my enjoyment of it all!

Had all of TNG on a hard drive there last year but the hard drive broke. To be honest it's a lost I still haven't come to terms with :(

The box sets are really cheap. No ads is the ultimate win :cool:

• Advertisement

The box sets are really cheap. No ads is the ultimate win :cool:

No ads is awesome alright! Yeah, gonna look into getting the Voyager ones next I would think. Besides I love having something physical to show for it rather that just a load of media on a drive!

No ads is awesome alright! Yeah, gonna look into getting the Voyager ones next I would think. Besides I love having something physical to show for it rather that just a load of media on a drive!

Changing discs wore me out after a while, plus I have all the old Phat type boxes so they took up loads of space. Eventually I transferred them all to my HTPC in 1:1 quality, so all there at touch of a remote :p

Changing discs wore me out after a while, plus I have all the old Phat type boxes so they took up loads of space. Eventually I transferred them all to my HTPC in 1:1 quality, so all there at touch of a remote :p

Haha nice! Yeah I had a 1TB hard drive full of videos and TV shows that I managed to kick off my bed one night :mad:

Needless to say distressed was an understatement! Had physical copies of most of the stuff except TNG but a lesson was learnt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I'm the same when they start the battle to retake DS9 I just knew the Klingons would arrive and when they did I jumped around the sitting room.. I still get excited watching it now. The battles in DS9 were great

Still remember the feeling the first time I saw 2x Galaxy classes on the same screen. :eek:

The rehashed battle vfx shots were galling though in What You Leave Behind. Remember feeling so cheated.

Sisko: "Let's see what they have waiting for us"...

OMFG! MASSIVE FLEET OF DOMINION BADDIE CRAP! :D

A few scenes later jump ahead to Martok, Ross & Sisko on Cardassia Prime and skip the entire final battle = ROBBED. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Goldstein wrote: »
    Still remember the feeling the first time I saw 2x Galaxy classes on the same screen. :eek:

The rehashed battle vfx shots were galling though in What You Leave Behind. Remember feeling so cheated.

Sisko: "Let's see what they have waiting for us"...

OMFG! MASSIVE FLEET OF DOMINION BADDIE CRAP! :D

A few scenes later jump ahead to Martok, Ross & Sisko on Cardassia Prime and skip the entire final battle = ROBBED. :mad:

Yeah they didn't have the money to do it justice. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

How do you guys convert your DVD's to media? I just have a laptop and it takes an eternity to rip stuff from DVD to some sort of digital format on the computer. I can also see myself getting annoyed having to burn so many discs and name episodes and the like.

G-Money wrote: »
    How do you guys convert your DVD's to media? I just have a laptop and it takes an eternity to rip stuff from DVD to some sort of digital format on the computer. I can also see myself getting annoyed having to burn so many discs and name episodes and the like.

You'll probably have to use Google to find out given it involves bypassing Copy-Protection so is more then likely against site rules. While it can be done fine a on a Laptop it would want to be a good one or you'll be a while.

I watched TNG Conundrum last night and really enjoyed the way the Worf took command but once he found out he wasn't in charge, and had a depressed look, apologized as he still recalled the chain of command, not forgetting poor Riker at the end of the show confused after talking to Troi and Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

maybe old news but i spotted today in one of the rags Lt Uhura (nicelle nichols) sharing a live long and prosper moment with the president of america himself.

:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

maybe old news but i spotted today in one of the rags Lt Uhura (nicelle nichols) sharing a live long and prosper moment with the president of america himself.

:cool:

obama-uhura-388x580.jpg

:)

• Advertisement

He looks more Romulan then Vulcan there.

Advertisement