Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Star Trek: Voyager is the most re-watched Star Trek series on Netflix UK And 177 people have watched all 695 episodes

Top 10 episodes watched on Netflix.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-08/star-trek-voyager-is-the-most-re-watched-star-trek-series-on-netflix-uk/

People are missing out, can't believe the drumhead and the measure of a man arent on this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Calhoun wrote: »
    People are missing out, can't believe the drumhead and the measure of a man arent on this list.

And no DS9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

there are plenty others who have watched every episode and movie.
    In my case I have them all on a hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
    Star Trek: Voyager is the most re-watched Star Trek series on Netflix UK And 177 people have watched all 695 episodes

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...on-netflix-uk/

So 70% of the episodes most watched feature the Borg.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I wonder why they didn't include the animated series. Did everyone else skip it in their re-watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I started with TNG and am working my way forward. Half way though Voyager now. But I will probably go back and watch TOS and then TAS next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Inviere

Evade wrote: »
    And no DS9.

Indeed, shocking stuff :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's legitimately baffling; impossible to be sure but I'd love to know what's giving Voyager such a bump in the numbers. The presence of Kate Mulgrew in Netflix's own Orange is the New Black perhaps? As mentioned, The Borg feature heavily in the list, so maybe that's a clue too.

It's particularly weird when it feels more like DS9 is getting a fair amount of reevaluation & resurgence if you look around the internet; yet it's obviously not reflective in the numbers. I guess it could be because it was the more serialised of Treks, so probably wouldn't account for much 'dipping in' viewers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

that list is shocking.
    How is "in the pale moonlight" not there

Important to remember that a huge amount of Trek fans have and use their own dvd/blu ray/digital media, Netflix could be serving a lot like a 'casuals guide' here... Unfortunately, Paramount will likely take note :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

pixelburp wrote: »
    That's legitimately baffling; impossible to be sure but I'd love to know what's giving Voyager such a bump in the numbers. The presence of Kate Mulgrew in Netflix's own Orange is the New Black perhaps? As mentioned, The Borg feature heavily in the list, so maybe that's a clue too.

I wonder if it's an age thing. People who were young enough to remember Voyager fondly during it's original run (i.e. not old enough to have seen TNG and realise Voy was just a poor imitations :P :pac:) are now at an age where they have the free time to binge on Netflix. Like mid-20s or so.

TNG fans are just that bit older and wiser and all-round better people, with less free time.

I have noticed Voyager pops up in my recommended section on Netflix but none of the others despite me having watched them all there, but I don't know if that's the result of it being the most popular series or the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I have noticed Voyager pops up in my recommended section on Netflix but none of the others despite me having watched them all there, but I don't know if that's the result of it being the most popular series or the cause.

It's a scam to discredit old trek in favour of JJ trek film sales :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

that list is shocking.
    How is "in the pale moonlight" not there

Arguably the best episode of the entire series (though The Visitor would also be in contention there for me)

TNG would have to be The Inner Light

VOY... I really liked the 2-part Dark Frontier, but probably Message In A Bottle tops it

ENT... Easily the 2-part In A Mirror, Darkly. Mostly because the characters actually had a bit of life and the scenario was far more interesting.

TOS... Either Balance of Terror, or Mirror Mirror.. with The Doomsday Machine a close 2nd/3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Same here. Voyager is always one of the first shows that Netflix recommends me and is usually in the list of shows which are 'trending'. You wouldn't stumble across DS9 unless you were specifically looking for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TNG - Measure of a Man
    DS9 - The Visitor / Way of the Warrior
    Voy - Year of Hell / One
    Ent - honestly can't remember any of them

Kiith wrote: »
    Ent - honestly can't remember any of them
    Damage is probably one of the best Enterprise episodes but you couldn't really watch it without the preceding few episodes.

Damage is probably one of the best Enterprise episodes but you couldn't really watch it without the preceding few episodes.

E2 is also very very good
    Similtude
    First Flight
    Carbon Creek
    Twilight

Also the multi episode arcs in season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There's actually people who prefer the muddy standard definition over the remasters?? Good God :rolleyes: The standard definition looks abysmal, yes it's what we grew up on, but seriously, it's vastly inferior in every way to the remasters.

• Advertisement

Very odd selection of Star Trek episodes. But it does show that Voyager does have some pretty damned decent episodes, though unfortunately the rest of the series let them down somewhat :pac:

Inviere wrote: »
    There's actually people who prefer the muddy standard definition over the remasters?? Good God :rolleyes: The standard definition looks abysmal, yes it's what we grew up on, but seriously, it's vastly inferior in every way to the remasters.

Just look at 2:37 in FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

anyone watch TOS remastered? They did s great job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

switching between the remaster and the original is not something i'd recommend either :D

in other news.. Avery Brooks is 69 years young today!

Happy birthday Captain Sisko!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DS9 cast reunion

DMSx5ZdX4AEfw79.jpg:large

Marc Aliamo looks very frail.
    Who's the dude between Cassidy and Ezri?

Also no Chief or Bashir

DS9 cast reunion

Looks like Rick Berman??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DS9 cast reunion

Marc Aliamo looks very frail.

Also no Chief or Bashir

Yeah, that'd be producer Rick Berman.

Missing a certain Capt. Sisko too! I don't think Avery Brooks is really one for the carrier nostalgia.

And a certain enigmatic Cardassian isn't there either. Alaimo looks very frail indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

DS9 cast reunion

DMSx5ZdX4AEfw79.jpg:large

Also no Chief or Bashir

There in the holosuite

• Advertisement

Speaking of, no Vic either. James Darren is 81 now though!

Advertisement