Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"€3,000??
    Deal.
    That'll pay for my penis removal."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Maguined wrote: »
    I look like Seth Rogen.

I LOVE Seth Rogen!! For some reason I have a thing for funny men who aren't necessarily in good shape (not saying you're not in good shape Maguined). Like I have a big thing for Seth Rogen and James Corden even though they wouldn't be the typical type of guy you'd swoon over. But they're both so funny and cute :pac:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    If I may be so bould, it sounds like you are on a hiding to nowhere with this one. Basically you are gonna send the guy his P45 if you don't feel this amazing 'click' or 'spark' or whatever on what is on only your second date... which will take place in a cinema, a place where you are not only unlikely to have much banter, but conversation is strictly forbidden?
    I don't mean to be rude but that strikes me as a terrible idea. You are putting far too much pressure on yourself to feel this 'spark' and have given yourself hardly any time to do it. You're never going to feel a 'spark' if you have restricted yourself to a very short time limit. Essentially, you will be battling the clock. That's definitely not a good way forward. Self-imposed deadlines do not make for a comfortable dating experience. It's simply not fair on yourself.

Ah now, I'm not gonna give him the heave ho after the cinema. I'm sure we'll go for drinks/coffee/food after and have the chats. But I agree with you cinema dates aren't great for early on. I don't really think I should go on more than two dates though with someone if there's no spark. I know that sometimes it takes more than that to feel anything for someone but it just wouldn't be fair on the guy or on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I apparently look like Jamelia...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

newbee22 wrote: »
    I apparently look like Jamelia...:confused:

I will laugh and laugh and laugh if you tell us you're white...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Fair play to you mate. Without sounding rude, and I don't know what type of disability you have, but maybe if someone could take a look at your profile and give you a few tips? It's not about making yourself sound like a George Clooney type when you're not, it's more about putting yourself across there better.

For example, once again I don't know what disability you have so I apologise if this offends you, but if your profile is written in the same way your post above is, it might put off women. I know I never message anyone who has poor grammar/punctuation.

This is why getting someone to have a look at your profile might be a good idea :)

Lol the poor spelling is cos I am typing it on a smartphone! The disability I have means that I have to use a wheelchair to get around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I will laugh and laugh and laugh if you tell us you're white...

I am! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Yeah...he texted me to go on a cinema date (not a big fan of cinema dates for date #1 or #2) but I said yes just because he seems like a great guy and I really wanna go see the Avengers :pac:

BUT, I don't want to feel like I'm leading him on. If I don't 'feel it' after this date though, if he asks me out again I'll have to give him the "I think you're a great guy but..." speech :(

That's fair enough. Cinema dates not the best to get to know someone but ye could go for a drink or coffee before or after which will help you figure out if you want another date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

There was a few nice ladies on POF from Clare and Kerry who used to move around on wheel chairs.
    Nice to chat to and consistent with their mail.
    I haven't been chatting to them this time round,maybe they met someone.
    If they have,I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

ladylost wrote: »
    That's fair enough. Cinema dates not the best to get to know someone but ye could go for a drink or coffee before or after which will help you figure out if you want another date.

So why not just go for a coffee by itself? Each to their own but there is no way I would ever go on a cinema date for an early stages date. Sitting in silence for 2 hours, not getting to know the other person at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Let's be honest, the guys doing all the NSA propositioning don't give a damn what it says on anyone's profile. I'm fairly certain they don't read them.

A good few of the guys saying they are looking for NSA are all talk. I've called their bluff with one or two and they ran for the hills. They just seem to get their kicks from trying to wind up people they know are not looking for that to get a shock factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

ladylost wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the guys doing all the NSA propositioning don't give a damn what it says on anyone's profile.
    I'm fairly certain they don't read them.

A good few of the guys saying they are looking for NSA are all talk. I've called their bluff with one or two and they ran for the hills. They just seem to get their kicks from trying to wind up people they know are not looking for that to get a shock factor

Id say there are but there are just as many that are really looking for nsa. lots of attached men as well but that's for another thread.
    I just hope I won't be on it too long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I'd think a cinema date would work if both people were really into cinema(or a particular movie). As a generic first date thing it has all the problems people mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sharper wrote: »
    I'd think a cinema date would work if both people were really into cinema(or a particular movie). As a generic first date thing it has all the problems people mentioned.

its a good 2nd date option alright, plus it lets you in on if they have crappy taste in movies :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Think I'm going to revamp my profiles on PoF and OKC this weekend :)

Northclare wrote: »
    There was a few nice ladies on POF from Clare and Kerry who used to move around on wheel chairs.
    Nice to chat to and consistent with their mail.
    I haven't been chatting to them this time round,maybe they met someone.
    If they have,I'm delighted.

I don't specifically want to meet a fellow wheelchair user.

blacklilly wrote: »
    Plus none of them take the time to read profiles. mine specifically states important not looking for nsa and I still get sleepy mails with pictures of man parts.

It seems that genuine people don't use these sites??? Maybe I should delete my profile.............................??

"Hmmmmmmmm". *scratches chin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

It seems that genuine people don't use these sites??? Maybe I should delete my profile.............................??

Of course genuine people use the sites, who do you think is posting in this thread? :P

Of course genuine people use the sites, who do you think is posting in this thread? :P

By genuine - I mean no timewasters or people who are going to reject someone just because they have a disability.

blacklilly wrote: »
    Plus none of them take the time to read profiles. mine specifically states important not looking for nsa and I still get sleepy mails with pictures of man parts.

I know there are genuine people using them because I've met quite a few nice people but what im saying is there seems to be alot of people looking for nsa joining recently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Third date went well.....hes soooooooo lovely :) major crossing of fingers and toes now :D

Got another picture of a penis and I replied..
    "ah a d*ck, this place is full of them"
    Thought that was good if I do say so myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

krudler wrote: »
    its a good 2nd date option alright, plus it lets you in on if they have crappy taste in movies :pac:

My first ever date with somebody from online was a cinema date. We went for coffee beforehand for the bant though. Never saw her again mind you. I wouldn't recommend cinema dates unless you have both agreed to go for a drink or something after. I would imagine having just seen a movie you'd have something to chat about.
    It was Thor BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Date never happened, he eventually texted me at 5pm on the day we said we'd meet up (but hadn't set a time or exact pub/cafe), and asked if I was free the following day instead, which I wasn't. Gave no reason as to why he wasn't free that evening either.

Talking to a couple of really nice guys for the last while, but they're busy studying at the moment. I swear, as soon as the college exams are over I'd better be inundated with dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Just txt the girl I had gone on 4 dates with to see when we could arrange number 5, and she replied to say she didn't see the point as she didn't feel any spark and wished me all the best! So looks like it is back to the drawing board!

I'm gutted, not how I anticipated heading to sleep on my Friday night feeling like this!

Sweet dreams everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rough luck man. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

To be honest cinema isn't the best for a first date unless you met up for coffee/dinner or drinks or some other date before hand. Cinema dates really only good if you've already gone out together.

Harsh though to have gone on that number of dates but then again, if the spark isn't there you can't control that?! Happened to me after 5 dates for me cause the relationship wasn't working out.

Just keep trying! If there are enough girls within your area to date then plenty more you can date? If its a case of not enough that you end up going around in circles bumping into the same girls, then try something or somewhere else? Move on from it and learn from it is all you can really do I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Sorry Armagh, :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just txt the girl I had gone on 4 dates with to see when we could arrange number 5, and she replied to say she didn't see the point as she didn't feel any spark and wished me all the best! So looks like it is back to the drawing board!

I'm gutted, not how I anticipated heading to sleep on my Friday night feeling like this!

Sweet dreams everyone!

Just giving my opinion, you posted last night that you put your hand on her leg and she didn't move, then you took it away. If that was me, not moving would be a good sign, if you know what I mean. I'd have kept my hand there as her not moving shows she wasn't exactly revolted by your touch!

Generally I think each date should me moving along physically, so a snog on the first or second date, a bit more next time. Doesn't mean doing the wild thang on the second or third date, just things are getting more physical which is usually a good sign!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement