Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Aquila wrote: »
    Have any of ye ever read the forums on pof?

No but do be on the CS ones a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Just txt the girl I had gone on 4 dates with to see when we could arrange number 5, and she replied to say she didn't see the point as she didn't feel any spark and wished me all the best! So looks like it is back to the drawing board!

I'm gutted, not how I anticipated heading to sleep on my Friday night feeling like this!

Sweet dreams everyone!

I'm sorry but I have to say I'm not surprised. I am a little surprised that she took it to 4 dates if she felt nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks for that doo,

Well I live in a rural town nowhere near any of the big cities/towns so it is tough to find people so I am lost as to what to do now!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, just home from a 34km cycle so feeling a bit better......looking back I feel I was messed about a bit (which you guys advised me of) but I guess love is blind!!

Where to go from here is the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dublin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Thanks everyone, just home from a 34km cycle so feeling a bit better......looking back I feel I was messed about a bit (which you guys advised me of) but I guess love is blind!!

Where to go from here is the question....
    Try to keep the chin up Armaghmagic. You have to keep thinking what's for you won't go by you. That's what is keeping me going at the moment. Although she does appear to have messed you around try to focus on the positives. Hopefully you'll meet just the right girl for you next. Got to keep hoping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Re-jigged my profile based on Semele's advice. Got three messages the next day, only one of them was a generic singles night invite! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Has anyone gone to an actual pof singles night?if so how did ye find it?

A few pages back, The Master went with another boardsie to the most recent one and got himself a date out of it. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Has anyone gone to an actual pof singles night?if so how did ye find it?
    Larianne wrote: »
    A few pages back, The Master went with another boardsie to the most recent one and got himself a date out of it. :D

They're great craic, I'd recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Spammers be spammin'...
    hey there we will have too meet i am the man for you,let me treat you the way you should be treated, i hope your wearing that big bright warm smile of yours now your smile has me hooked i am in ****** for a week where in cork are you

....I'm in Dublin. :pac:

So when is the next night out? We should have an Online Dating Thread meet up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Hi Guys

Hope you dont mind me jumping in here. I have been following your thread and you may recognise by my username that I have organised a few singles nights. Just wondering if anyone has been to my ones, what you though or for those that havent gone to any singles night, why not, what would make you go etc.

I am really sick of POF at the moment, too much competition on the singles nights, although maybe i am the idiot that should be charging in like the others and make a fortune.

dub5 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Hope you dont mind me jumping in here. I have been following your thread and you may recognise by my username that I have organised a few singles nights. Just wondering if anyone has been to my ones, what you though or for those that havent gone to any singles night, why not, what would make you go etc.

I am really sick of POF at the moment, too much competition on the singles nights, although maybe i am the idiot that should be charging in like the others and make a fortune.

If there was one out of Dublin for people living outside of the capital (Dundalk in my case) I would probably go quicker.....but even with one in Dublin I probably would go! Should all head bowling and then drinks or something like that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hi Linda,

I met you at the last night you organised in The Lombard.

I posted this afterwards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78399559&postcount=7468

It was a fantastic night an brilliantly organised by you.

I have to say I think any of the single nights that charge money are a joke
    200 people paying a tenner each is €2k you know yourself it doesn't cost that to organise one

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Could I ask for some advice/review of my POF profile please. I'll PM the link if anyone is willing to take a look.

Thanks "The Master" glad you had a great night. It does take a bit of organising to do and a good bit of mingling on the night but I enjoy it. I read your review of the night, which was great, thanks.

It is just gettting annoying with people organising ones that you have to pay into to. Any venues that I have rang, will give you the place for free and free finger food, so those that organise them in D2 and Swords are literally pocketing the money, regardless of what they say.

sorry forgot to say "Ladylost", I will take a look at your profile if you want

• Advertisement

If there was one out of Dublin for people living outside of the capital (Dundalk in my case) I would probably go quicker.....but even with one in Dublin I probably would go! Should all head bowling and then drinks or something like that!
    I just started organising these nights as a laugh, and coz i was annoyed with a certain someone charging in. So its handy for me doing it in dublin. I suppose if it was more of a business then I would travel for them.

Anyone from POF can organise one though.

Sorry guys for the numerous replies to each of you, need to figure out this set up.

ladylost wrote: »
    Could I ask for some advice/review of my POF profile please. I'll PM the link if anyone is willing to take a look.

Sure I will take a look :-)

I just started organising these nights as a laugh, and coz i was annoyed with a certain someone charging in. So its handy for me doing it in dublin. I suppose if it was more of a business then I would travel for them.

Anyone from POF can organise one though.

Sorry guys for the numerous replies to each of you, need to figure out this set up.

As I said I would gladly go to Dublin, would just be the only thing halting me going more regular is travel......so when is the next one? Would be great to meet up and mingle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Hi Guys

I was actually going to go to one recently but u felt it would be too competitive or something plus im probably a little too self conscious.
    Do they tend to be very "groupy"? And have many of your own to one?

As I said I would gladly go to Dublin, would just be the only thing halting me going more regular is travel......so when is the next one? Would be great to meet up and mingle!

I havent set a date for the next one yet. I was planning to do it the week that the one in Swords is on. The last one I did was the night after Mr. H'Winds one and I still got a good crowd in, hopefully I will sort date out next week. Will have to check with The Lombard

blacklilly wrote: »
    I was actually going to go to one recently but u felt it would be too competitive or something plus im probably a little too self conscious.
    Do they tend to be very "groupy"? And have many of your own to one?

No, its not competitive at all and there is a great mix of people at them. I find that everyone is really chatty and approachable as we are all single there, so there is no guessing or wondering will a guys girlfriend come in and start on me.....lol.

They are not groupy at all either, well not my ones anyone, have heard otherwise for other singles night. Loads of people come in on their own which is brill but I never leave anyone on their own. "The Master" will be able to tell you that.

I remember the first one I went to at the IFSC, I didnt know what to expect, but its a good laugh and what I tell people is , come along and if its not your thing, head off, at least you are in town and at least you havent paid anything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Thanks Dubs, i might go to the next one probably on my own though cause most of my friends are in relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I was gonna try the last night you organised, but worried that I'd be younger than most of the crowd, being 23. I'll try pop in to the next one though. :)

blacklilly wrote: »
    Thanks Dubs, i might go to the next one probably on my own though cause most of my friends are in relationships.

I would be on my own too!!

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I was gonna try the last night you organised, but worried that I'd be younger than most of the crowd, being 23. I'll try pop in to the next one though. :)

God you make me feel old....only joking, I'm not long turned 25!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement