Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had been chatting back and forth with a lass over the last day or so. She mentioned that she was dressing up as Harley Quinn (from Batman if you don't know) for a theme night.

May have to marry her now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had been chatting back and forth with a lass over the last day or so. She mentioned that she was dressing up as Harley Quinn (from Batman if you don't know) for a theme night.

should have proposed then and there!!

should have proposed then and there!!

I'll come crashing through the roof of her house dressed as Batman, wrestle her to the floor and....

:pac:

PROPOSING LIKE A BOSS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Lets Hope its a Dark Knight :D

Lets Hope its a Dark Knight :D

Good god... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

And NOT A DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

ladylost wrote: »
    Sometimes you need to go on a couple of dates before you feel the chemistry? That's how it is for me anyway most of the time. Would you try going out with him again if you got on well and he seems nice?

Yeah...he texted me to go on a cinema date (not a big fan of cinema dates for date #1 or #2) but I said yes just because he seems like a great guy and I really wanna go see the Avengers :pac:

BUT, I don't want to feel like I'm leading him on. If I don't 'feel it' after this date though, if he asks me out again I'll have to give him the "I think you're a great guy but..." speech :(

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Semele wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the immediate spark thing is crap too. I haven't felt any great "spark" with guys I've been on first dates with, but for me finding them attractive, entertaining and interesting is enough to make it worth at least a second date. I don't believe in this idea that it should be love at first sight, thunderbolt-from-the-skies, have found The One, malarkey that some of my friends subscribe to!

To put it in context, I have a mad schoolgirl-style crush on a guy at work at the minute. Cannot stop thinking about him. Can barely talk to him without blushing and imagining what our babies would look like (and I don't even like children), vomit, vomit, etc! Now, on paper this guy is not a patch on some of the guys I've met from the internet: he's not my type physically, there's a massive cultural difference which means we don't get the same jokes, have few shared interests and so on. And yet currently I'd take him in a second over any of the totally compatible guys I'm messaging/meeting. But that "spark" took over a year of seeing him every day in order to suddenly (and inexplicably, really!) ignite.

I wouldn't have ever gone on a date with him, never mind have stuck it out for a year to find out if it was going to work.

I don't know what my point was anymore. I think it was meant to be motivational, but I've confused myself here! :rolleyes: Gah to it all.

Semele, I totally get what you mean here. the bit in bold I totally agree with. If you're expecting to feel the spark nearly knock you down on the 1st date, you could be waiting a while :D I think if I find the guy interesting, funny and that we have a bit of "click" then it's worth seeing him again....provided he wants to too. It can be so nerve wracking meeting someone for the 1st time that you might not come across totally as yourself ie you can clam up and find it hard to chat, or can have a few too many drinks due to nerves etc. Whereas, 2nd date you can get to know the person better, and not be as stomach churningly nervous around them :cool:

Cinema Dates are such a bad idea at the start - Geez can people not be more original and how do you get to know someone by staring at a screen for 2hrs and then only conversing about the movie afterwards..?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I don't want to hijack/derail this thread, but getting back to the disability. thing, I put. it in there cos it's who I am. If people can't look past it, that's not my problem . Same. goes for the height issue. I explained it in my profile. If people don't want to read it, fine. I'm not going to make myself. sound. like. a George Clone type , when I'm nowhere near it.

• Advertisement

I don't want to hijack/derail this thread, but getting back to the disability. thing, I put. it in there cos it's who I am.

I've a disability too mate. I'm blind in my right eye. I can understand why it would bother some people but it's not like I'm hiding it or anything.

Some have made a comment about it and we just have a laugh about it. Could be a good ice breaker and kinda shows that you can kinda laugh about it and not let it phase you.

I don't have any hang ups about it. Fúck it, you don't miss what you never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Cinema Dates are such a bad idea at the start - Geez can people not be more original and how do you get to know someone by staring at a screen for 2hrs and then only conversing about the movie afterwards..?

I thought after 3 dates a cinema date was a nice relaxing one......and the place I wanted to put my hand was into her hand but she had them wrapped together and was close into her so the leg was my only option!

Though she has big boobs so that could have been an option.....maybe I should have taken that she has her hands together as a sign that she didn't wanna be touched!?!

AAAGGGGHHHH!!

I don't want to hijack/derail this thread, but getting back to the disability. thing, I put. it in there cos it's who I am. If people can't look past it, that's not my problem . Same. goes for the height issue. I explained it in my profile. If people don't want to read it, fine. I'm not going to make myself. sound. like. a George Clone type , when I'm nowhere near it.

Fair play to you mate. Without sounding rude, and I don't know what type of disability you have, but maybe if someone could take a look at your profile and give you a few tips? It's not about making yourself sound like a George Clooney type when you're not, it's more about putting yourself across there better.

For example, once again I don't know what disability you have so I apologise if this offends you, but if your profile is written in the same way your post above is, it might put off women. I know I never message anyone who has poor grammar/punctuation.

This is why getting someone to have a look at your profile might be a good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've a disability too mate. I'm blind in my right eye. I can understand why it would bother some people but it's not like I'm hiding it or anything.

Some have made a comment about it and we just have a laugh about it. Could be a good ice breaker and kinda shows that you can kinda laugh about it and not let it phase you.

I don't have any hang ups about it. Fúck it, you don't miss what you never had.

:cool:

Neither do I. That's why I'm not going to make up a height just for the sake of it.

By the way, has anyone seen the guy on POF who looks EXACTLY like Russell Howard? Or is anyone on here, him? It's uncanny!!

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    By the way, has anyone seen the guy on POF who looks EXACTLY like Russell Howard? Or is anyone on here, him? It's uncanny!!

I don't usually look at lads profiles. :cool:

I don't usually look at lads profiles. :cool:

Suuuure ya don't. Don't worry, it'll be our little secret ;)

Any female look a likes on POF?

I, myself, look quite like Angelina Jolie but nobody can see because my pics are on my private :pac:

I just sent Galva a message on OKC telling him he's a ride. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I, myself, look quite like Angelina Jolie but nobody can see because my pics are on my private :pac:

I look like Seth Rogen.

Maguined wrote: »
    I look like Seth Rogen.

Seth Rogen is awshums. Wanna go for a drink? ;)

• Advertisement

I was told I look like Katy Perry by someone.... I look nothing like her tbh - 'cept I've dark hair and blue eyes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I think my profile might come across as being too serious but im still getting mails from people looking for nsa

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah...he texted me to go on a cinema date (not a big fan of cinema dates for date #1 or #2) but I said yes just because he seems like a great guy and I really wanna go see the Avengers :pac:

BUT, I don't want to feel like I'm leading him on. If I don't 'feel it' after this date though, if he asks me out again I'll have to give him the "I think you're a great guy but..." speech :(

If I may be so bould, it sounds like you are on a hiding to nowhere with this one. Basically you are gonna send the guy his P45 if you don't feel this amazing 'click' or 'spark' or whatever on what is on only your second date... which will take place in a cinema, a place where you are not only unlikely to have much banter, but conversation is strictly forbidden?
    I don't mean to be rude but that strikes me as a terrible idea. You are putting far too much pressure on yourself to feel this 'spark' and have given yourself hardly any time to do it. You're never going to feel a 'spark' if you have restricted yourself to a very short time limit. Essentially, you will be battling the clock. That's definitely not a good way forward. Self-imposed deadlines do not make for a comfortable dating experience. It's simply not fair on yourself.
    I just sent Galva a message on OKC telling him he's a ride. :pac:

Just checked my mail. he did and all.
    Maguined wrote: »
    I look like Seth Rogen.

Luckily for you, you don't :pac:

blacklilly wrote: »
    I think my profile might come across as being too serious but im still getting mails from people looking for nsa

To be fair, there's always going to be messages sent propositioning you, but I have found there are plenty of nice, normal guys who are genuine - so keep the faith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

talking to a friend here she got a maill with

"Sex €3000 and Ill pay for the hotel room"

She wants ideas on what to reply with?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

blacklilly wrote: »

Let's be honest, the guys doing all the NSA propositioning don't give a damn what it says on anyone's profile. I'm fairly certain they don't read them.

Seth Rogen is awshums. Wanna go for a drink? ;)

Let's take this to PM. :o
    missbelle wrote: »
    I was told I look like Katy Perry by someone.... I look nothing like her tbh - 'cept I've dark hair and blue eyes ;)

You sound like you look far more like Zooey Deschanel to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

"pay me upfront into my bank and i will meet you in the hotel"

*get money - delete profile

Christ 3k ??? Id be tempted :D
    Reply with the link for laws regarding soliciting someone for the purpose of sex followed by your message has been forwarded to POF & The Garda

• Advertisement

"my left butt cheek alone is worth 3K!" :pac:

followed by *block*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement