Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Haven't posted in here in a while. Anyway, I'm going on my 8th date tonight with a girl I met on POF. She's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Haven't posted in here in a while. Anyway, I'm going on my 8th date tonight with a girl I met on POF. She's lovely :)

Wow 8 dates?? I envy you!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

I would be on my own too!!

Loads of people come on their own, both men and women. Once I see someone on their own, I bring them over to a table with me and my friends, and the others that have come on their own. I have done 3 singles nights and a few of the same people have come to them all, on their own, but at the last one, sure they didnt feel that they were coming on their own as they knew people there.

God, I am really promoting this......lol, and I havent even set a date for the next one and I am not really a great example either of singles nights as I am still single....lol. Although there have been a few matches

Fair play....would an 8th date though not mean you are in a "relationship". After 8 dates I would stop counting.

So there must be some success on POF, although I am still doubtful

Wow 8 dates?? I envy you!

Keep the head up, I went on a couple of dud dates before I met her.

• Advertisement

dub5 wrote: »

Fair play....would an 8th date though not mean you are in a "relationship". After 8 dates I would stop counting.

So there must be some success on POF, although I am still doubtful

Well ya, it's official and all that, should have mentioned that. I just mentioned 8 because I didn't get past 1 on previous dates with others for various reasons.

Keep the head up, I went on a couple of dud dates before I met her.

Great to hear good success stories, gives me hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

blacklilly wrote: »
    Thanks Dubs, i might go to the next one probably on my own though cause most of my friends are in relationships.

I would be on my own too!!

Great we can be the two socially awkward people in the corner!

Would any ladies be willing to check out my profile......I am not getting any messages and could do with a few pointers :rolleyes:

Would any ladies be willing to check out my profile......I am not getting any messages and could do with a few pointers :rolleyes:

No prob, pm me your link

• Advertisement

PM sent!!:D

PM sent!!:D

Done.....hope it helps

Done.....hope it helps

Thank you.....appreciate the advice!! Hope the photos didn't scare too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ill have a look too if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I will too!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Would this singles night be only for people on dating sites or could anyone go? Id like to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Date number 5 tonight!things are going freakishly well :)

armagh,sorry to hear bout ur wan!!her loss dude x

branbee wrote: »
    Would this singles night be only for people on dating sites or could anyone go? Id like to go!

You dont have to be on a dating website to go to them, I just use POF to let people know about them. But anyone can go, as long as you are single, although some that turn up are not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I haven't been on POF or OKCupid in a while got sick of the whole online dating thing but haven't heard of these single nights out by POF down the south of Ireland though. Have they been successful so far up in Dublin?

• Advertisement

PM's sent.....thanks to Dub5 and ladylost for the advice! Very much appreciated!:)

Aquila wrote: »
    Thank you dub5 for your advice;)

No prob

branbee wrote: »

You dont have to be on a dating website to go to them, I just use POF to let people know about them. But anyone can go, as long as you are single, although some that turn up are not!!

Thanks.
    If possible could you pm me the details when you know them if you're not putting them up here?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Had my first slightly bad experience yesterday (online dating, not life in general)!

I dated a guy ONCE 8 weeks ago. I initiated contact a few times the week following our date with the intention of planning another, but gave it up as a bad job when he kept avoiding actually making plans. Figured I'd leave it up to him to ask me again if he was interested, since I'd been clear I wanted to see him.

He since texts, briefly and out of the blue, roughly every 2 weeks. It gets to the point of arranging to meet-up again, I tell him when I'm free/suggest something to do...and he stops replying till the next pointless "hi, how's it going?" message!

I let him away with this crap a few times, (on the benefit of the doubt at first, then amused curiosity as to what he was playing at) then called him on it when he texted again yesterday, saying I didn't want a penpal. He said that he had "hoped" we would meet again but I wasn't being very proactive and if I wasn't interested he wouldn't bother contacting me again:confused::rolleyes:

I, in quite a friendly manner, pointed out that my attempts to actually arrange a date on multiple occasions was more proactive than his habit of cutting contact every time the subject came up and that he had never so much as asked me if I wanted to do something. I woke to an abusive reply first thing this morning callng me "batsh*t crazy" and saying he was done with me!!!

Delightful. Best of all is I'd put money on it that I'll be hearing from him again, playing whatever his sad little game is!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

PM's sent.....thanks to Dub5 and ladylost for the advice! Very much appreciated!:)

Thanks to Armaghmagic and Dub5 for reviewing mine also and your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

For the love of Gawd DO NOT REPLY again to that fella Semele, he sounds like a write off completely.

Panthro wrote: »
    For the love of Gawd DO NOT REPLY again to that fella Semele, he sounds like a write off completely.

have to agree,
    sounds a bit weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Semele wrote: »

Delightful. Best of all is I'd put money on it that I'll be hearing from him again, playing whatever his sad little game is!

Block and ignore.. best thing you can do. Sounds like you had a lucky escape with that one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Oh god, yes! Will never be in touch again. I was genuinely just curious as to what his game was before. Scary thing about it is he's a doctor, so in a well-respected job with a lot of responsibility, yet is clearly a crazy, angry weirdo with a massive sense of entitlement! God knows how proactive I should have been in order to get another date out of him..? You'd think he was used to people begging for it or something!

• Advertisement

**Tumbleweed**

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement