Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nope. I'm erratic at the best of times.

Maguined is one. That_Guy is another. There's definitely two more. Damned if I remember their names.

And you always struck me as such a well rounded and sane young man!!:)

Maybe that explains why i'm having such bloody awful luck on POF then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    And you always struck me as such a well rounded

89e60014-af8d-4975-a912-5c1921b26879.jpg

Mail girl with compliment and a follow up question.
    Replies: "thank you"

freddie-mercury-so-close-pose1.jpg

Personally I think my first mistake was paying the compliment up front.

In other news I just convinced my friend to change her POF tagline to "Tits and Ass. Inquire within."

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

89e60014-af8d-4975-a912-5c1921b26879.jpg

Ah jaysus!! Course not! Sure you're gorgeous I'm sure!! :p

Ah jaysus!! Course not! Sure you're gorgeous I'm sure!! :p

I'm a Gorg(e)osaurus dont ya know it!!!

Gorgosaurus02.jpg

• Advertisement

Note to self: bad palaeontology related puns scare people off...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Note to self: bad palaeontology related puns scare people off...

You are the dinosaur and robot dude though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Is one of them you?...;)

Maguined is one. That_Guy is another. There's definitely two more. Damned if I remember their names.

Except he will lead you on that he likes stuff and wants to take over the world with you and then drop you like a hot brick... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

LoTwan wrote: »
    Is one of them you?...;)

Except he will lead you on that he likes stuff and wants to take over the world with you and then drop you like a hot brick... :cool:
    He has done that with me too... How many more has he seduced?! ;-)

It'd be quicker to list the people he hasn't seduced with his curly hair, twinkly eyes and impeccable fashion sense.

• Advertisement

It'd be quicker to list the people he hasn't seduced with his curly hair, twinkly eyes and impeccable fashion sense.
    Have you been one of the lucky ones?! I've seen his charm work a lot of wonders...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

managerman wrote: »
    Is one of them you?...;)

All I offered to do was to put him in a head box & put him in the special place under my bed and then play tiddlywinks with him. I feel such a fool for being led on by him.

Is one of them you?...;)

All I offered to do was to put him in a head box & put him in the special place under my bed and then play tiddlywinks with him. I feel such a fool for being led on by him.
    I don't think he likes the dominatrix style woman...! Toffee crisp maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Had a date on Friday, it went great. First guy I've actually fancied - I'm not dead inside, yay! Going for dinner on Saturday to celebrate the end of my exams, I can't wait :D

And I just had to do a big +1 to everyone who pointed out that being separated (legally or not) is not the same as still being in a marriage. Mood, do you honestly expect people to take themselves off the market for the 4 out of 5 years it takes to legally dissolve a marriage in this country? Get real.

Not at all. I was just pointing out that if someone meet a man/woman who is separated the husband/wife is not an ex-husband/ex-wife. They are still legally married. I've been very surprised on a couple of occasions when I had to explain this to someone. Most people are aware of this obviously but not all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I knew my inbox was getting far too well behaved, but business as usual now! I just signed in to find this and some other, uh, charming mail...
    how are you, hows ur week going for you, you having a good one, are you interested in an older guy, slim fit enjoys the craic and generous

Anyone want a sugga daddy?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

mood wrote: »
    Not at all. I was just pointing out that if someone meet a man/woman is is separated the husband/wife is not an ex-husband/ex-wife. They are still legally married. I've been very surprised on a couple of occasions when I had to explain this to someone. Most people are aware of this obviously but not all.

But they're an ex-partner. I call my ex my ex. We're still legally married, but is he my partner? No. So why would I refer to him as my husband when I no longer think of him as such? You're coming across as just being deliberately obtuse, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Was texting the girl who I didn't think was that keen about her weekend, and she said she had met up with good friends she hasn't seen in ages.

I asked her did they ask about men she may have and she said that she told her friends that she had met up with me a few times.....if I'm honest I was expecting her to say "not really" when the friends asked! So could this be a good sign that I'm being mentioned to friends?

Also I have been texting her every evening over the past week and she has been replying within a few minutes however this evening I have not txt her and she has not felt the want to text me. Is it always the fella who has to send the "how was your day" text to start the ball rolling every evening?

Not at all. I was just pointing out that if someone meet a man/woman is is separated the husband/wife is not an ex-husband/ex-wife. They are still legally married. I've been very surprised on a couple of occasions when I had to explain this to someone. Most people are aware of this obviously but not all.

But they're an ex-partner. I call my ex my ex. We're still legally married, but is he my partner? No. So why would I refer to him as my husband when I no longer think of him as such? You're coming across as just being deliberately obtuse, tbh.
    Glad to hear your date went well on fri honey.. Hope it's the start of something for you

That is quite a nasty comment.

Maybe you have never come across someone who didn't seem to know the legal difference between being separated and being divorced but I have. Surprising but true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I've never been married, but I don't understand why it would be very important whether or not a future partner was legally seperated or just seperated.

Personally, how I see it is, if you're single and not hung up/in love with someone, you're not doing anything wrong by dating someone else. What happened in the past is in the past, surely? Maybe I am picking this up wrong but surely a seperated person should be allowed to move on, without guilt, and not have to act married when they're not?

Polloloca wrote: »
    I've never been married, but I don't understand why it would be very important whether or not a future partner was legally seperated or just seperated.

Personally, how I see it is, if you're single and not hung up/in love with someone, you're not doing anything wrong by dating someone else. What happened in the past is in the past, surely? Maybe I am picking this up wrong but surely a seperated person should be allowed to move on, without guilt, and not have to act married when they're not?

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that separated people shouldn't date. That is not what I think at all.

To explain, a friend had a relationship with a separated man. She honestly thought he was going to propose on her birthday when they went away. She also honestly thought they would be married before her 30th birthday. However, this would not have being possible due to the fact that he was not separated long enough to get a divorce and his wife may not have even agree to a divorce. For her this was a deal breaker.

For some people it doesn't matter. Not everyone wants to get married but for people who do they need to understand the legal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Maybe I'm being naieve, but if you loved someone enough and you were sure that one day it would be finalised and you could get married, surely you would wait for that person, rather than setting yourself targets, ie. be married before you turn 30.

If you were confident enough that it is who you want to spend the rest of your life with, why the big rush? They will be going nowhere.

I'm sorry Mood, I don't mean to be picking an arguement with what you're saying, I understand what you mean and that its how some people feel, however, it's not something I truely understand the reasoning behind it, I don't understand how someone could want to marry a person, but be willing to walk away from a relationship because the marriage couldnt be immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Was texting the girl who I didn't think was that keen about her weekend, and she said she had met up with good friends she hasn't seen in ages.

I asked her did they ask about men she may have and she said that she told her friends that she had met up with me a few times.....if I'm honest I was expecting her to say "not really" when the friends asked! So could this be a good sign that I'm being mentioned to friends?

Also I have been texting her every evening over the past week and she has been replying within a few minutes however this evening I have not txt her and she has not felt the want to text me. Is it always the fella who has to send the "how was your day" text to start the ball rolling every evening?

Dont overthink the, she hasnt texted me..oh god she doesnt want to lark!iv done that in the past and its silly when u really think about it.just chill and things will fall into place if they are meant to, and lets face it they will cuz ur only gorgeous(if not slightly pervy ;) haha)
    Itll be grand dude :)

I just noticed on OKC you can look for matches that have been online in the last decade. 'The hell?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just got complimented on my "chiseled jaw " (?) and "weird eye". Go team blind people... well in one eye anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Don't over think it for now. From what I've learned there are a lot of girls that expect the fella to be initiating all the texting in the early stages.

Personally I like to see a girl make some bit of an effort to text first. If that's what you want, maybe leave it another day or two and see if she does?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that separated people shouldn't date. That is not what I think at all.

To explain, a friend had a relationship with a separated man. She honestly thought he was going to propose on her birthday when they went away. She also honestly thought they would be married before her 30th birthday. However, this would not have being possible due to the fact that he was not separated long enough to get a divorce and his wife may not have even agree to a divorce. For her this was a deal breaker.

For some people it doesn't matter. Not everyone wants to get married but for people who do they need to understand the legal difference.

That's a ridiculous argument to make. Firstly a separated person could propose to someone and wait for the wedding to take place after the completion of the divorce. Plenty of people have long engagements for multiple different reasons. If the wife had not even agreed to the divorce at that stage then how did she "honestly" think they would be married before her 30th birthday? Had she even talked to her boyfriend about it? Sounds to me more likely that your friend just entered something blindly full of assumptions regarding important life decisions and sounds quite immature to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I just noticed on OKC you can look for matches that have been online in the last decade. 'The hell?!?

OKC wants you to message old accounts that haven't been signed into in a while to get them back using the site.

Who knows maybe someone that last signed in 9 years ago is just ready for love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

curly hair - check
    twinkly eyes - the twinkle of madness maybe
    fashion sense - hahahahhahahahaha fashion does not agree with me
    I don't think he likes the dominatrix style woman...! Toffee crisp maybe...

Dominatrix? well you might as well try anything once. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement