Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That_Guy wrote: »
    You cut me deep.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Bye bye online dating.

its been good but.... not really my things any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Date #3 went well until his sister started vomiting blood & he had to leave. Asked if he could see me again... Watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi everyone

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't ask the man I met in question how long he was seperated but I suspect it is quite recent and his children are 19 and 23 so it wasn't a kid issue or maybe something happened with one of them but I know this sounds very very selfish but I have no interest in getting into all that 'stuff'. When he was cancelling he said how I would understand having gone through something similar myself - now he knows very little about me although on my profile it says divorced but that is very settled (I am a very long time divorced now). I have decided not to keep in touch with him and will take my chance with luck in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Not sure date 4 is going to happen for me. Have a feeling he's losing interest! Oh well will have to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

miec wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't ask the man I met in question how long he was seperated but I suspect it is quite recent and his children are 19 and 23 so it wasn't a kid issue or maybe something happened with one of them but I know this sounds very very selfish but I have no interest in getting into all that 'stuff'. When he was cancelling he said how I would understand having gone through something similar myself - now he knows very little about me although on my profile it says divorced but that is very settled (I am a very long time divorced now). I have decided not to keep in touch with him and will take my chance with luck in real life.

It's a shame but go with your gut feeling . Can't wait to be able to put divorced on my status :D it's awful it's takes so long in this country .

how does one delete pof ?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Think you can hide your profile very easily that's what I have done . Not sure about deleting it fully someone else might be able to answer that better but hiding it is easy in your profile settings .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Snowie wrote: »
    how does one delete pof ?

Go to Help. Then click on Delete Account. There's a 'click here' half way down the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

If you go into the FAQ section one of the questions is how to hide or delete your profile. There is a link there to delete your account.

There doesn't seem to be any other way to get to that links. Hope the helps

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Go to Help. Then click on Delete Account. There's a 'click here' half way down the page.

whoop

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

ladylost wrote: »
    Not sure date 4 is going to happen for me. Have a feeling he's losing interest! Oh well will have to see

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Why do you think that?

It's gone from he can't wait more than 2 days for date 3 to not having time to meet me on two suggested days for date 4! He did suggest an alternative the second time but I'm not available that day. I'm learning from previous experience if they are interested they'll make time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment but sometimes you just get a feeling...:rolleyes:

mood wrote: »
    That doesn't qualify as creepy!

I've censored it. Plus it somewhat qualifies when they're 35+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Feel like absolute crap.

Had a lovely second date with an even lovelier lady last Saturday and just did not feel any spark. Letting her know I did not want to take things an further was absolutely horrible, I have done it before and it nowhere near as bad but because I did like this girl, she is everyone I want on paper but just don't feel that unquantifiable connection to take things any further. :(

Might take a break from online dating, pretty disheartened at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Maguined wrote: »
    Feel like absolute crap.

Had a lovely second date with an even lovelier lady last Saturday and just did not feel any spark. Letting her know I did not want to take things an further was absolutely horrible, I have done it before and it nowhere near as bad but because I did like this girl, she is everyone I want on paper but just don't feel that unquantifiable connection to take things any further. :(

I know where you are coming from.....I was on a date with 2 ladies, one was nicer than the other but obviously the really nice one, I didn't have that spark for!

It's always the way, but I am organising dates with them both again to see if one can up her game and to see if I feel anything more for the other one as she is a gem!

But no spark = problems down the line, and that's speaking from experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Feel like absolute crap.

I know where you are coming from.....I was on a date with 2 ladies, one was nicer than the other but obviously the really nice one, I didn't have that spark for!

It's always the way, but I am organising dates with them both again to see if one can up her game and to see if I feel anything more for the other one as she is a gem!

But no spark = problems down the line, and that's speaking from experience!

Yeah I knew the no spark would be a deal breaker and I did not want to mess her around by going on more dates but it's the fact I felt no spark that is doing my head in she is everything I look for in a woman, smart, funny, pretty and most importantly even a bit nerdy with a dark sense of humour so why the hell was there no spark. Stupid brain! :mad:

Yeah I knew the no spark would be a deal breaker and I did not want to mess her around by going on more dates but it's the fact I felt no spark that is doing my head in she is everything I look for in a woman, smart, funny, pretty and most importantly even a bit nerdy with a dark sense of humour so why the hell was there no spark. Stupid brain! :mad:

That's why you blew me off! You were talking to other women. And I offered to Crayola on you!!! I feel betrayed! I'm going to drink some hard liquor & eat cake.

LoTwan wrote: »
    That's why you blew me off! You were talking to other women. And I offered to Crayola on you!!! I feel betrayed! I'm going to drink some hard liquor & eat cake.

You wanted to do despicable things to me, I like to think I am open minded but I am clearly not kinky enough for you. :o

• Advertisement

You wanted to do despicable things to me, I like to think I am open minded but I am clearly not kinky enough for you. :o

But we were going to take over the world together!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I hate when your head plays twisted tricks like this, present you with the perfect (on paper) girl/boy, and yet there isn't that spark :o yet present me with a man who treats me mean and I'll come running :rolleyes:

Do you not think you should give it one more date to see, or are you definitely sure? you know the way people say, oh give it time to let it develop. (me personally, I need that spark there from the beginning too!)

missbelle wrote: »
    I hate when your head plays twisted tricks like this, present you with the perfect (on paper) girl/boy, and yet there isn't that spark :o yet present me with a man who treats me mean and I'll come running :rolleyes:

Do you not think you should give it one more date to see, or are you definitely sure? you know the way people say, oh give it time to let it develop. (me personally, I need that spark there from the beginning too!)

It was two dates and two proper long dates so I don't think there will be that spark if it hasn't happened already and don't like messing people around so already let her know and she seems to be feeling the same so it's all good.

Yeah I know what you mean, I will find someone with the bad sort of crazy going on and it will be spark city. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Had a date on Friday, it went great. First guy I've actually fancied - I'm not dead inside, yay! Going for dinner on Saturday to celebrate the end of my exams, I can't wait :D

And I just had to do a big +1 to everyone who pointed out that being separated (legally or not) is not the same as still being in a marriage. Mood, do you honestly expect people to take themselves off the market for the 4 out of 5 years it takes to legally dissolve a marriage in this country? Get real.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Had a date on Friday, it went great. First guy I've actually fancied - I'm not dead inside, yay! Going for dinner on Saturday to celebrate the end of my exams, I can't wait :D
    Great news Honey, good luck :D

Yeah I know what you mean, I will find someone with the bad sort of crazy going on and it will be spark city. :rolleyes:

Yep, if I could just stop being attracted to those type of guys, I'd be flying :p:D
    Although I did have a few dates with a nice, normal guy recently, so we shall see if that progresses :cool:

Date #4 is organised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Hi all. There is a setting on POF that allows you to view profiles without the person knowing you have viewed it? Saw it a couple of weeks ago and can't find it now. can anyone point me in the right direction please?
    Trying to fend off a potential stalker but just want to check its definitely him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Trying to fend off a potential stalker but just want to check its definitely him :o

Stalking a stalker....

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Hi all. There is a setting on POF that allows you to view profiles without the person knowing you have viewed it? Saw it a couple of weeks ago and can't find it now. can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I think its an option you have to pay for. Its in under profile options.

Good Luck with date#4 LoTwan.
    Out of interest people whats a normal time between emailing a person and asking someone to meetup? I seem to keep mailing people who just want to chat / bored as opposed meeting up :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement