Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Whats for you never passes you, Out Of The Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I know. It's been quite a while since I met a man who didn't treat me like crap. I guess I came over all needy. Well I've only gone and made a mess of it. There is nothing I can do.

Look, if you managed to meet him, you'll meet other decent fellas. Chin up, this is experience, it will work out better next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

LoTwan wrote: »
    OK... (remembering my ongoing direction to follow my own ass vice)... you went a little over the top. 6 weeks isn't long enough to call it anything, certainly not to warrant closure.
    I think closure is fair enough after 6 weeks. If u are texting every day and meeting up very regularly and it stops suddenly I think it's fair to want to know why. Just my 2 cents worth. That may not be what happened in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Well I've found my new talent... It's getting dumped by text. Wonder should i list that on my dating profiles... Just got the whole it's not you it's me routine there by text with emphasis on his heart not in it but while he's simultaneously logged onto the dating site!! It was very early days but I keep meeting the same type of guy!! Think it's time to take a break from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

ladylost wrote: »
    I think closure is fair enough after 6 weeks. If u are texting every day and meeting up very regularly and it stops suddenly I think it's fair to want to know why. Just my 2 cents worth. That may not be what happened in this situation.

Yes that's what it was like. I genuinely liked him, and was very attracted to him. I miss his texts in the morning and our conversations. I am very surprised at how this is bothering me so much! But yeah 'what's for me won't pass me' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Well I've found my new talent... It's getting dumped by text. Wonder should i list that on my dating profiles... Just got the whole it's not you it's me routine there by text with emphasis on his heart not in it but while he's simultaneously logged onto the dating site!! It was very early days but I keep meeting the same type of guy!! Think it's time to take a break from it

Ah that old chestnut! I have heard it many times before. Early days or not that was disrespectful. I feel a 'Miley' moment coming on; 'Well HOLY GOD'!:p. Maybe a break would be a good idea. You can become very cynical and exasperated with the whole dating game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

No expectations is the best approach to dating.
    Never think that someone is too good for you.
    She or he might be totally gorgeous but inside they could be rotten to the core.
    Especially the types with the schowl or angry pout who thinks looking like a trout makes them beautiful 'yes LOL its you the wannabe super model I'm talking about"

There is nothing better than being a good down to earth guy or woman and and seeing through these superficial profiles, its the normal down to earth happy people who will have luck in the dating game not the egos....

NOT YOU THE ONE WHO POUTS AND IS ONLY ON THE SITE BECAUSE YOUR SO INSECURE YOU HAVE TO GO ON ABOUT ALL YOUR ADMIRERS AND DATE PROPOSALS AND PEOPLE TELLING YOU YOUR GORGEOUS :S

;)

So if you feel left down after a date with a knob or knobbette.

Be glad your on your own because if you ended up with one of those "YOU WILL FEEL A HUNDRED TIMES MORE LONELY BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Had a guy start a message with:

'You seem interesting; prove me wrong'

Eh... you want me to prove to you that I'm not interesting? :confused:

Aw why cant I get crazy messages, it'd make it way more fun, years of posting on AH has cranked my sarcastic response level way up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I like how the last 4 girls to view my POF/OKC pages are the last 4 girls I mailed.

Not so much how they aint mailing me back! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Galvasean wrote: »
    I like how the last 4 girls to view my POF/OKC pages are the last 4 girls I mailed.

I read that as "last 4 girls I nailed"

nice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Samich wrote: »
    My last posts here were depressing, I'm all good now though :):)

Glad to hear it pal. Don't take it too seriously is all I'd say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Ah no that sucks I've had that text before. One guy I went on a date with was stringing me along for a week after we met telling me he wanted to meet up again organizing it and then on the day we were meant to meet again he texts me 'oh my heads not in it still not over my ex' while still logging into Pof. Seriously mate I'm not stupid :D I don't get it why guys can't just tell you the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Girls can be just as bad to be honest. Id a girl text me about an hour or two after our date. said she had a lovely time and couldnt wait to meet up again. We organised a 2nd date, had it, went really well and again later said yeah defo cant wait to do it again it was fun. Text for a bout a week or two all very good. Mentioning about meeting up and doing something together then no response to texts at all, Not even a sorry but no thanks. Human species are weird "throw rocks at them"

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Had a guy start a message with:

'You seem interesting; prove me wrong'

Eh... you want me to prove to you that I'm not interesting? :confused:

Ha I got that too!!!

I replied "Ooh now let me see..... Eh.. no.. YOU'RE not interesting enough for me to bother trying to explain to you the flaw in that statement"

I'm getting very grumpy in my old age :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thread locked accidentally earlier,apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Thank God for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

WOOHOO!

Ahh Otis you had us all in a flutter :P

So...any dates/stalkers for any of ye right now? :D

Yay.

*checks POF*

No mails.

Business as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm supposed to have a date, but not sure now!

Story was - got talking to a guy, he seemed nice, conversation was good. He asked me out, I explained that I'm up the walls for the next week with work related stuff, really apologetic, but said I'd definitely like to next week. He said that was fine. Chatted some more, he gave me his number (and sent me one of those rose things on POF lol), and we've texted a little bit. I texted him last night to say that I should be free next week on such and such days if he still wants to get a drink. No reply as of yet.

:pac:

I suppose I refused so many dates, I should be cancelled on, too. Karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

You mean all that build up, expectation and anxiety over what was going to happen and it ends in this anti-climax?

Matches my online dating experience perfectly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Story was - got talking to a guy, he seemed nice, conversation was good. He asked me out, I explained that I'm up the walls for the next week with work related stuff, really apologetic, but said I'd definitely like to next week. He said that was fine. Chatted some more, he gave me his number (and sent me one of those rose things on POF lol), and we've texted a little bit. I texted him last night to say that I should be free next week on such and such days if he still wants to get a drink. No reply as of yet.

Since there has been no reply you might as well arrange a date with someone else for the free slot, then the first guy will call you back and apologise profusely and want to go on the date and you will be forced to engage in some sort of Rom-Com two dates at the same place fiasco, it will be awesome, 90's movies wouldn't lie to me would they?

Maguined wrote: »
    Since there has been no reply you might as well arrange a date with someone else for the free slot, then the first guy will call you back and apologise profusely and want to go on the date and you will be forced to engage in some sort of Rom-Com two dates at the same place fiasco, it will be awesome, 90's movies wouldn't lie to me would they?

215px-This_Means_War_Poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

OTIS!! You scared the bejesus out of me! I thought i'd done something wrong and broken the thread:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Serves you right for refusing me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Cinema date tonight.....going to see The Lucky One! Hopefully its an omen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Serves you right for refusing me ;-)

You never asked for me to refuse you! :p

Maguined, I have actually been in that situation... Never again >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

So...any dates/stalkers for any of ye right now? :D

No date, just the one girl who has mailed me 3 times in a row (without me responding asking me how my day was. I would have responded to the 1st mail at least to be nice, but I hadn't time so when I got the 2nd one the next day I thought, hmmmmm now I got a 3rd and I am not going to respond now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Oh ffs, one of my mates was just showing me a convo on PoF he had with a girl.

He sent:
    Hi! I'm x. I've made a bet with myself that you fell of that swing in your pic :P

Her response:
    Get a life

What a bitch. Let me make it clear he's one of the normal fella's, decent photos and profile. Not the type for dodgy PM's or pics at all. I mean you could understand her reply if he messaged her asking for a ONS or something.

I had thoughts about trying online dating again in the near future after breaking up with my ex a couple of months ago, but I don't know if I can be arsed sorting through knobettes like that again, not to mention the timewasters, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Herrick wrote: »
    What a bitch. Let me make it clear he's one of the normal fella's, decent photos and profile. Not the type for dodgy PM's or pics at all. I mean you could understand her reply if he messaged her asking for a ONS or something.

I had thoughts about trying online dating again in the near future after breaking up with my ex a couple of months ago, but I don't know if I can be arsed sorting through knobettes like that again, not to mention the timewasters, etc.

I don't get the "fell off that swing" and it could be taken as kinda mean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »

Make that 5 now.
    krudler wrote: »
    I read that as "last 4 girls I nailed"

nice..

Nah, the last 4 girls I nailed weren't as hot... Well, maybe three of them! :pac:
    Pembily wrote: »
    I don't get the "fell off that swing" and it could be taken as kinda mean!

Classic case of girls = Venus, boys = Mars methinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement