Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Or a Nigerian princess looking to gift $2,000,000 , All they need is your bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Or a Nigerian princess looking to gift $2,000,000 , All they need is your bank details.

Again, fake profile and the sender is this guy...

Klinger2_oRpJI.300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Currently being stalked from site to site by someone I didn't respond to on CS in the last month because he was too young and not my type. He's now (after minimum of 10 unanswered messages on CS) followed me to OkC and POF to message me there. Block button is a great feature.

There are three people in total, following me from site to site at the moment. If only they were attractive, their persistence would be more bearable then! :pac:

Hot or not, it's equally stalkerish...

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Hot or not, it's equally stalkerish...

Yeah, but more of an ego boost if they're attractive. :p

• Advertisement

This isn't a criticism of you, or your post, but I've noticed an awful lot of people seem to use online dating as an ego massage. Its easy to dismiss member after member on the basis of minor details, because it's dense hunting ground.

I don't think any of us get the opportunity to say no in real life so frequently, so maybe we all need to try and indulge our egos less.

I always keep this in mind when I get mails, after all... it is nice to be nice :)

This isn't a criticism of you, or your post, but I've noticed an awful lot of people seem to use online dating as an ego massage. Its easy to dismiss member after member on the basis of minor details, because it's dense hunting ground.

I don't think any of us get the opportunity to say no in real life so frequently, so maybe we all need to try and indulge our egos less.

I always keep this in mind when I get mails, after all... it is nice to be nice :)

I actually agree with you. I know I joked about unattractive vs attractive, but I'll give most people a chance, once their messages are interesting and more than just 'hi ur cute, hw r u.' Anything that's remotely interesting, I'll reply to generally.

In fairness though, it is ALWAYS the unattractive ones that turn into stalkers.

LyndaMcL wrote: »

In fairness though, it is ALWAYS the unattractive ones that turn into stalkers.

That's true, though if he's going to cut you up into little pieces does it matter if he's a hottie?

That's true, though if he's going to cut you up into little pieces does it matter if he's a hottie?

I could be masochistic enough to enjoy it if I also find him sexually attractive?

I could be masochistic enough to enjoy it if I also find him sexually attractive?

You should put that in your profile...that'll open up a whole new demographic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It worked for Ted Bundy.

Just sayin'

You should put that in your profile...that'll open up a whole new demographic :D

I'm too easily influenced. I'm seriously considering putting that into my profile now, just to see the sort of messages I get.

Galvasean wrote: »
    It worked for Ted Bundy.

Just sayin'

Ted Bundy would have had a field day on an internet dating site.... he had an attractive smile so the ladies would flock...

You'd get away with a lot Galva... not sure I'd forgive you for chopping me up though...

You'd get away with a lot Galva...

Don't tempt me Frodo!

Well, maybe the make you cry bit...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well, maybe the make you cry bit...

Precious people always tell me,
    That's a step, a step too far :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Anyone have any mid-week dates lined up for this week?

I have a cinema date on Thursday (same girl from Friday night).

She is even offering to make the 1hr drive to come to my town seeing as I took her out and left her home on Friday, that has earned serious kudos in my book!:)

Massive difference to the way I was feeling last week when I had the "waste of time/space"; the phrase "what is meant for you wont pass you by" springs to mind.

Just hope I dont cock this up, hence why the cinema (where I cant speak) is a great idea, and nice after the nerves of the dinner date. Very tough trying to stop the mask from slipping!:D

Oh and on the cinema......toss up between 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' and 'Cabin in the Woods', any views on either?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Currently being stalked from site to site by someone I didn't respond to on CS in the last month because he was too young and not my type. He's now (after minimum of 10 unanswered messages on CS) followed me to OkC and POF to message me there. Block button is a great feature.

There are three people in total, following me from site to site at the moment. If only they were attractive, their persistence would be more bearable then! :pac:

Give in and agree to go on a date... with all three, same location, same time. Show up and tell all three in the one go to feck off and leave you alone. Saunter off into the sunset. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

I suppose Avengers Assemble is out?

I recommend The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel... major brownie points if she likes it. It has big names she'll know, and a straight forward plot.

Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench... Hard to argue with a cast like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Oh and on the cinema......toss up between 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' and 'Cabin in the Woods', any views on either?

The Cabin in the Woods is really good and that's coming from someone who isnt a big fan of horror. Although I'd check if she liked films like say Scream because if she's more into romantic comedies, she might hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Ah seriously, that is brilliant, the amount of times I've seen guys say they wanted to do that on RI but didn't is mad. Hope it goes well, fill us in after ;)

So it's been a month now and things are still getting better and better. :) We've been pretty wrapped up in each other since date one. Never really felt this way before. :)

We're going down the country for the May bank holiday weekend. Can't wait! :)

Best of luck everyone.

I suppose Avengers Assemble is out?

I recommend The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel... major brownie points if she likes it. It has big names she'll know, and a straight forward plot.

Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench... Hard to argue with a cast like that...

Avengers is out on Thursday but im thinking that the back row will be pretty full on the first night ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, though that film is not on in my local cinema (Dundalk), might be worth a trip if it is on in Newry! Love a good chic flick myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My POF profile permanently has a giant tumbleweed blowing around it. Absoultely NO messages whatsoever. And each time I log in to check out the "new" members, it turns out that they are the same faces that have been cropping up for months.

Seriously considering knocking this on the head. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Have a date organised for next Saturday but the guy seems to have gone to ground since we organised it:( Or should i say i thought i had a date!

My first date and it doesn't look like it's going to happen! Oh well:o

And he seemed nice too. Feic it anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have "something" organised for Saturday daytime. No details agreed on just yet (depends on babysitter etc) but contact is regular so I'm happy with no details.

I have a POF tumbleweed too.

I have something organised for sometime this week. Not sure the day yet, so we'll see. Also debating going out on Saturday with someone. I'm not sure though. I think it's weird to ask someone out after exchanging a grand total of 3 messages, no matter how funny and intelligent they appear.

I know this may depend on the person but when is it acceptable to ask someone to go steady with them.....after a certain amount of dates/time? Im seeing this girl on Thursday for our third date and really like her....just don't want to freak her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

JimBob777 wrote: »
    could lead to meeting the woman/man of your dreams on that particular session though :pac:
    but in seriousness, i think a walk or even something out of the ordinary like bowling is fun,at least that way if there is no attraction, you can have a laugh playing a game as friends with no awkwardness :)

But you wouldn't get to talk properly and get to know each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know this may depend on the person but when is it acceptable to ask someone to go steady with them.....after a certain amount of dates/time? Im seeing this girl on Thursday for our third date and really like her....just don't want to freak her out!

I don't think there's a set amount of dates tbh. Just go at your own pace. If your pace is quicker than others then go for it tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement