Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Tbh i couldn't respond for a few minutes as i was busy fapping to her stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Reactivated my POF after about a week without it. It was one less site to procrastinate on, I missed creeping on it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Aquila wrote: »
    LoTwan wrote: »
    I would be happy with a straight guy who doesn't come across as being obsessed with sex and ask me for my vitals in the 2nd message. The next guy that does is getting "BP 65/105, Pulse 68 (at rest), pO2 100% on room air"
    "faps"oh yea you turning me on baby :pac:

I know, cake & my stats in one day. Am I not a fab catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I know, cake & my stats in one day. Am I not a fab catch?
    sounds good to me;)

But you are one of those 20somethings that is covered under my cougar statement yesterday, right? LOL

• Advertisement

But you are one of those 20somethings that is covered under my cougar statement yesterday, right? LOL
    well at 29,i would make a fine cougar;)

The cougar statement was about me... You can't be a cougar, you're a guy (unless my interpretation of cougar is completely wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Oooh, the new POF layout is looking scarily like boards now....

The cougar statement was about me... You can't be a cougar, you're a guy (unless my interpretation of cougar is completely wrong)
    How are you a cougar:P
    I can be a Mountain lion so :P

I'm 37. Hitting on someone 12 years my junior would make me a cougar but I'm not cut out for it (and I know you are "only" 8 years my junior)

Mountain lions are cool :)

• Advertisement

I'm 37. Hitting on someone 12 years my junior would make me a cougar but I'm not cut out for it (and I know you are "only" 8 years my junior)

Mountain lions are cool :)
    :cool:

Meow (insert image of claw marks which I can't insert on my iPad)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oooh, the new POF layout is looking scarily like boards now....

Dear God, they must have found out about us! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Just home from my date, was a fantastic night, the kangaroo was melt in your mouth delicious, she looked gorgeous in a little black dress, she was easy to talk to, we went for a few drinks in a nice music bar then I drove her home, and I gave my massaging hands a workout which she seemed to enjoy!

Both want to do it again so here is to the next date! POF could be taking a back seat soon (fingers crossed!)

Just home from my date, was a fantastic night, the kangaroo was melt in your mouth delicious, she looked gorgeous in a little black dress, she was easy to talk to, we went for a few drinks in a nice music bar then I drove her home, and I gave my massaging hands a workout which she seemed to enjoy!

Both want to do it again so here is to the next date! POF could be taking a back seat soon (fingers crossed!)

Great news :)

That's great, Armaghmagic. Keep up the good work! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I felt I should share this with ye..

Was out Thursday night, standing outside Coppers at the end,, and I notice this lad talking to my friend.

It was a lad I had went on a date with from POF, the guy that I was so nervous of meeting I drank waay too much. Queue very awkward conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

That's great. It's a super feeling when that happens. Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Had first ever date with someone from a dating website last night.
    Perfectly nice, intelligent girl and we had things in common, which is how I noticed her in the first place.
    But I'm not used to going out with younger girls and just her general demeanour and things she said didn't do anything for me. It was like chatting to your little sister's friend or something. Ah well.

It got me thinking though that I would prefer being on a similar wavelength as someone - i.e similar sense of humour and way of looking at things than having the same interests as them.

The % matching thing that the online sites use, renders everything to easy-to-compare compatability when surely it's the more undefinable, less quantifiable things that make a lot of relationships work.

Date finished! Now for a night out with my mates :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Date finished! Now for a night out with my mates :D

How'd you get on?

That_Guy wrote: »
    How'd you get on?

You don't need to know. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Talking to a nice girl 10 years older than me (no, not chatting in that way, just chat). But she's hot and seems nice and said she NEVER gets approached by fellas when out. I'm surprised.

Anyways gonna delete my account tonight for certain. Quite depressing getting no where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

How's everyone getting on? Thought I'd get back into the internet dating. Question for the guys, do you message profiles without pics? I have mine on private. Still get a good few messages from guys (the usual crap though to be honest)...I was thinking of puttting my pics up but just don't want anyone to recognise me :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on? Thought I'd get back into the internet dating. Question for the guys, do you message profiles without pics? I have mine on private. Still get a good few messages from guys (the usual crap though to be honest)...I was thinking of puttting my pics up but just don't want anyone to recognise me :o

When I was using it I did message profiles with no picture but it had to be a really well thought out profile for me to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

awec wrote: »
    No pic no message to be honest.

At the very least attach pictures to any message you send :)

Oh I do that!
    When I was using it I did message profiles with no picture but it had to be a really well thought out profile for me to do so.

Ah well my profile is pretty amazing so hopefully I'll have nothing to worry about :pac:

For me, I would only message someone that had no profile photo, if it stated they had hidden ones. Within the first message or two, I would ask to see it and, if they disagree, I just leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I_am_LOST wrote: »

I message picless profiles, they often ask for my pic and I send one and never hear from them again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

For me, I would only message someone that had no profile photo, if it stated they had hidden ones. Within the first message or two, I would ask to see it and, if they disagree, I just leave it.

I did the same, would send a message to a photoless profile no problem but if she didn't send one on within a few messages of me asking for it then I would look elsewhere!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement