Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Galvasean wrote: »
    I recall I had a smooch account for a while. Got mailing a girl for a bit. When I got round to asking if she's like to meet up for a coffee she responded, "Oh i dont date guys from the internet". the mind, she boggles! :confused:

She was on an ONLINE dating site and she said she didn't want to met people from the internet??? She deserves a slap!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I recall I had a smooch account for a while. Got mailing a girl for a bit. When I got round to asking if she's like to meet up for a coffee she responded, "Oh i dont date guys from the internet". the mind, she boggles! :confused:

Someone turned Sean down? FFS. Some people puzzle me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LoTwan wrote: »

SomeONE? I could provide you a list longer than a Columbian Mammoth's trunk of people who have done so.

They're all deluded :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

SomeONE? I could provide you a list longer than a Columbian Mammoth's trunk of people who have done so.

They're all deluded :pac:

I'll cook you a bacon loaded paleo dinner & you can tell me all about it ;)

• Advertisement

I'll cook you a bacon loaded paleo dinner & you can tell me all about it ;)

Oviraptor is pleased....

SuperStock_1788-5516.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

an online dating rating spreadsheet, it's just so romantic :pac:

I haven't seen a SWOT analysis in years!

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I don't have what it takes to be a cougar LOL even if the victim, I mean young man in question, is cute LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

It's very quiet on this tonight. Is everyone out on a date tonight except me?
    So I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for POF tonight. Will see how long I last. I see my ex is on it too. Damn I thought he'd stick to OKC and I could have POF!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

ladylost wrote: »
    It's very quiet on this tonight. Is everyone out on a date tonight except me?
    So I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for POF tonight. Will see how long I last. I see my ex is on it too. Damn I thought he'd stick to OKC and I could have POF!

No theres at least one more person whos sans date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ooh yes!!

So, who got a date this weekend??? :pac:

I've one Sunday. First coffee date. eek! Its usually drinks at night. Arrgghh no alcohol to ease me into it. :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

"where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?!!"

This experience hasn't been the best at all at all. I've sent and replied to messages and have got no replies. I have a heap of guys from all around the country who want to 'meet me' :confused: If you want to to meet me that badly why the hell don't you send me a message! :mad::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Larianne wrote: »
    Ooh yes!!

So, who got a date this weekend??? :pac:

I've one Sunday. First coffee date. eek! Its usually drinks at night. Arrgghh no alcohol to ease me into it. :eek:

:pac:

Irish Coffee :pac:

No dates for me, just a home cooked meal with the greatest girl I ever met tomorrow, our first date was 5 months ago and yup it was from PoF :)

/head over heels in lurve, but can't help but lurk here once a while :D

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Irish Coffee :pac:

No dates for me, just a home cooked meal with the greatest girl I ever met tomorrow, our first date was 5 months ago and yup it was from PoF :)

/head over heels in lurve, but can't help but lurk here once a while :D

Awh, so cute man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That's nice to hear :)

I re-joined OKC - no pic up but have my profile filled out. Been chatting to one guy a little bit, after both answering 250ish q's we're a 94% match :eek: We'll see, sure! :)

Thank God for that. I thought my cougar comment broke the thread!

No dates for me. The one for tomorrow is a non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement

I have one on Saturday. I had to reschedule because a school reunion type thing decided to coincide with the exact time of the date. So I moved the date to another time... now it clashes with the Arsenal - Chelsea match. I'm hopeless. >_<
    Oh well, no football for me on Saturday.

Aquila wrote: »
    I think i broke my pof profile :(

What you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

just been catching up on the thread and I notice several themes recurring:

the he/she viewed me, so i messaged and they're not replying.... everyone clicks on profiles based on a thumbnail, no matter how sophisticated their search criteria. Clicking a thumbnail does not mean they are interested, just curious ;) When I was active I must have clicked at least a thousand different profiles and passed on 990 of them without sending so much as a 'hi' mail. Does not mean I broke 990 hearts does it, even if I visited their profile again due to new pics, etc. Ask yourself how many profiles you've visited and have you broken their heart for checking them out but not contacting? No ofcourse not, so dont take it to heart if someones visits your profile and doesnt message.

AFAIK the 'who viewed me' page on PoF lists the people who viewed your profile at some time, the bar at the top lists users who once viewed you, ordered by their last online activity....... the clue is 'online activity', if someone constantly shows up in that list does not mean they keep viewing that profile just that they're signed into PoF. Also on PoF you can turn off if someone can see that you've visited their profile at all so they wont show up at all.

The 'meet me' feature is only a clone of the original 'hotornot' website, people use it to browse larger versions of the thumbnail pics and 'rate' them.... there is no point in reading anything more into it, as there simply isn't anything.

Unfortunately being ignored after 1 or 2 dates is par for the course these days (both online and IRL dating) as common courtesy seems to be disappearing. It sucks but if someone is an a$$hole that early on then best of without them anyway.

The best way IMO to approach online dating is to not take it too seriously, life is too short :) I've been there and used to fret over who viewed me, if/when were they online, why havent they replied to my cute message and so on. Once I developed a thicker skin, ignored the ignorant ones and took online dating for what it really is: just another way to meet people (including pr!cks, etc same as in IRL), I met the most wonderful girl through PoF :):)

Sorry for long post :o

Sorry for long post :o

Long post is good post :D

The best way IMO to approach online dating is to not take it too seriously, life is too short :) I've been there and used to fret over who viewed me, if/when were they online, why havent they replied to my cute message and so on. Once I developed a thicker skin, ignored the ignorant ones and took online dating for what it really is: just another way to meet people (including pr!cks, etc same as in IRL), I met the most wonderful girl through PoF :):)

This should be posted at the start of this thread. Or before you log onto these dating sites. :)

Aquila wrote: »
    deleted info and pics somehow:confused:

Ah well, maybe it was time to re-do the profile anyways. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I also have one Saturday.

Would suggest that the person so annoyed over missing the Arsenal match could always re-arrange to make it a drink in a sports bar rather than a coffee. Just a suggestion :p

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah well, maybe it was time to re-do the profile anyways. :D

Crisitunity!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement