Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Or he's an asshole?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Galvasean wrote: »
    You call that flirting? you should have seen me and Maguined at the last beers! :pac:
    I did, I was there! It wasnt great watching to be honest! Kinda creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Or he's an asshole?

Oh :(

Makes sense now.....

Makes mental note to confront my mother

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    managerman wrote: »
    The last 5/6 pages have been them 2 flirting with each other!!

Has not! We were using transformers to fight and I was talking to a man who hates women!

Eh, that was flirting (not with the woman hater obv)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

LoTwan wrote: »

... I have a lot to learn, it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

... I have a lot to learn, it appears.

This may be the reason why you find yourself hanging out on an interweb dating chat!

This may be the reason why you find yourself hanging out on an interweb dating chat!

Or possibly because I have a day off work and nothing better to do :p

Sean goes away to watch football.

Thread goes quiet.

I must rethink my life...

Sean goes away to watch football.

Thread goes quiet.

I must rethink my life...

Clearly everyone saw that the coast was clear, you weren't watching any longer, and ran away knowing that you couldn't catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Wimminz. I tell ya.

You're quite an interesting bunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

FGR wrote: »
    Wimminz. I tell ya.

You're quite an interesting bunch!

Yes, we are.

Any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

A general observation if anything - and it's all positive, too! :pac:

From reading this thread I can't get over how lads tend to perv so much on pof/okc. I try to treat people the way I'd want to be treated so I don't know what those lads want to get from yourselves. Is it a case of you having to filter through the ridiculous lads in order to find at least one person who's anyway polite and nice?

/thanks goodness he's a fella - hence no spam

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Gems from this evening, courtesy of my OKC inbox:

Guy 1:

"you seem both nice, and attractive. as such, I'd like to express my interest in getting to have sex with you on a regular basis :)

is there a series of trials, an obstacle course, or an application form I could complete?:) " I may reply to this one...

and

Guy 2:
    "Anyway you probably don't want to read my crappy messages I'm just reaching out...so yeah get over youself and give me a chance to be good to you, and message me back or something yeah. " Erm, not so much...

^^ I actually found that first one very humorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Hi everyone, first time posting in thiis thread but was just wondering if i could pick peoples brains regarding good first date suggestions for online dating?

Have just recently joined pof and havent gone on a date yet, but was wondering if people have had any good/bad date experiences they could share? I was thinking of a day out in tayto park as something a bit different from the usual zoo date but Im thinking any first date with a stranger would probably be best NOT to involve much travel?

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The viewed me feature is just torture, whatever about people who view you and then dont message, its worse when you message someone and they never reply without even looking at your profile

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ceegee wrote: »
    Hi everyone, first time posting in thiis thread but was just wondering if i could pick peoples brains regarding good first date suggestions for online dating?

Have just recently joined pof and havent gone on a date yet, but was wondering if people have had any good/bad date experiences they could share? I was thinking of a day out in tayto park as something a bit different from the usual zoo date but Im thinking any first date with a stranger would probably be best NOT to involve much travel?

any ideas?

My opinion- keep first dates simple - drink, either alcoholic or a coffee, walk in the park etc. I think going for dinner/theme park etc. is too much to be stuck with someone if you want to get away!! :pac:

Coffee or a drink is easier, you can get to know them easily and it's a pretty casual environment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Semele wrote: »
    Gems from this evening, courtesy of my OKC inbox:

Guy 1:

"you seem both nice, and attractive. as such, I'd like to express my interest in getting to have sex with you on a regular basis :)

is there a series of trials, an obstacle course, or an application form I could complete?:) " I may reply to this one...

Tell him if it's physical activity he's after that he just missed the Grand National, but there's always next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

VinLieger wrote: »
    The viewed me feature is just torture, whatever about people who view you and then dont message, its worse when you message someone and they never reply without even looking at your profile

You can set your profile so that others can't see you checking their profile, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't check your profile if you can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Coffee or a drink is easier, you can get to know them easily and it's a pretty casual environment.
    Larianne wrote: »
    My opinion- keep first dates simple - drink, either alcoholic or a coffee, walk in the park etc. I think going for dinner/theme park etc. is too much to be stuck with someone if you want to get away!! :pac:

Cheers, seems like good advice, hopefully it works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

I dont think going for an alcoholic drink is the way to go either...it may lead to a serious 3 day session if the date goes bad... :D

JimBob777 wrote: »
    I dont think going for an alcoholic drink is the way to go either...it may lead to a serious 3 day session if the date goes bad... :D

Don't you mean good?? ;)

Don't you mean good?? ;)

drowning sorrows bad..leading to forgetting why your on the beer in the first place :pac:
    but yeah could be the good kind i suppose ;) drinking partner :)

JimBob777 wrote: »
    drowning sorrows bad..leading to forgetting why your on the beer in the first place :pac:
    but yeah could be the good kind i suppose ;) drinking partner :)

Oh gawd, I'd hope no-one would have a date that bad!! :eek:

Oh gawd, I'd hope no-one would have a date that bad!! :eek:

could lead to meeting the woman/man of your dreams on that particular session though :pac:
    but in seriousness, i think a walk or even something out of the ordinary like bowling is fun,at least that way if there is no attraction, you can have a laugh playing a game as friends with no awkwardness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm sorry, I seem to have wandered into the Lynda and Galvasean flirt dungeon.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

That's it, I'm retiring the pink shorts. In the space of about half an hour this morning I got a guy wondering if I was up for a threesome with him and his bisexual mate, and the following:

“Hi Stunning

I don’t know if it’s something you’re into (seriously doubt it) but I’ll ask anyway. I’m in a relationship and have two kids who I adore. I’m in a s3xless relationship and it’s driving me demented. I’ve tried everything to get things back on track but to no avail. I’m not a bad-looking fella but can’t post photos for obvious reasons. I’m looking for someone discreet who has the same needs as myself and wants to hook up every now and again.

Regards
    Dave”

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

[rant] If he's in a sexless relationship then have a chat with the lass instead of going onto a dating site with the intention of cheating. "I'm not a bad looking guy"... Yeah, well you sound like an absolute cúnt.
    [/rant]

Anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

That_Guy wrote: »
    [rant] If he's in a sexless relationship then have a chat with the lass instead of going onto a dating site with the intention of cheating.

But he's tried EVERYTHING; it says it right there in his message!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement