Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Cheating angle aside I can't imagine "Hi I'm utterly desperate for sex" would be a good approach.

Introducing the new iPhone "We can't release the specs or pictures for obvious reasons but we need a lot of money right now and thought you might oblige"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Honey-ec wrote: »
    But he's tried EVERYTHING; it says it right there in his message!

Everything but the right thing it seems. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I was not flirting! Also, got a date Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I was not flirting! Also, got a date Saturday :)

Is it with an evil robot called Sean?

Maguined wrote: »
    Is it with an evil robot called Sean?

I will neither confirm nor deny your accusation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I may be evil and I may be a robot, but I am not... oh wait, there was no third thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I'm in despair!:( Logged on to POF had 15 messages! Yay!! 12.. yes 12 of them are from lads in their 20's!! And 1 was from a 19 year old!!:eek:! Whats going on?... Most of them are fairly polite, attractive young lads who say they are not interested in girls their own age or the girls are not interested in them. Mind you, got one " How would you like a young handsome stud to ride the ar$e off you? I like your leather gear, I'd like to fcuk you wearing it!!":rolleyes:

" I was soooo tempted to reply asking if he or I was going to be wearing my leather gear! :D

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    I'm in despair!:( Logged on to POF had 15 messages! Yay!! 12.. yes 12 of them are from lads in their 20's!! And 1 was from a 19 year old!!:eek:! Whats going on?... Most of them are fairly polite, attractive young lads who say they are not interested in girls their own age or the girls are not interested in them. Mind you, got one " How would you like a young handsome stud to ride the ar$e off you? I like your leather gear, I'd like to fcuk you wearing it!!":rolleyes:

" I was soooo tempted to reply asking if he or I was going to be wearing my leather gear! :D

You should definitely write that back!

You should definitely write that back!

Really tempted but was afraid he might see it as a sign of encouragement!:D

Oh and by the way just to clarify. Its just a leather jacket in the photo and jeans that look like they might be leather but aren't!:) I wasn't in my bondage gear or anything! (I keep that for special occasions;))

Oh and by the way just to clarify. Its just a leather jacket in the photo and jeans that look like they might be leather but aren't!:) I wasn't in my bondage gear or anything! (I keep that for special occasions;))

Can you and I have a special occasion sometime soon? ;)

• Advertisement

Ah go for it, it might be comedy gold. It's not like you are leading on a nice and genuine person only to cruelly let them down, you would be leading on a chancer so they get what they deserve!

I am disappointed with your explanation, I though your profile pic was all leathered out.

pulp_fiction_gimp.jpg

Definitely play along with him, it's fun. I've gotten so far as to agree to marry a scammer and move to America. He is currently 'contacting his aunt to tell her the good news' and has given me his mobile number. :D

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Can you and I have a special occasion sometime soon? ;)

Behave :D
    Ah go for it, it might be comedy gold. It's not like you are leading on a nice and genuine person only to cruelly let them down, you would be leading on a chancer so they get what they deserve!

I am disappointed with your explanation, I though your profile pic was all leathered out.

pulp_fiction_gimp.jpg

:D

I think he was getting plenty from it already!!:o I left out the bit about what he was doing at the time of writing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I left out the bit about what he was doing at the time of writing:eek:

Making a sandwich no doubt. That saucy fúcker.

I think he was getting plenty from it already!!:o I left out the bit about what he was doing at the time of writing:eek:

They do that - a lot.

"You work in pharmaceuticals? That's so hot!"

That_Guy wrote: »
    Making a sandwich no doubt. That saucy fúcker.

No one likes a dry sandwich.

Got a 4star rating off a lady on OKC but no message. Debating if I should write a message or leave it up to her since she rated me.

No one likes a dry sandwich.

Got a 4star rating off a lady on OKC but no message. Debating if I should write a message or leave it up to her since she rated me.

Nothing to lose by messaging her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Galvasean wrote: »
    ^^ I actually found that first one very humorous.

I concur

First meeting is a coffee... Full stop. I'm not committing to meet someone for ours when chances are I will need to escape after 15 minutes.
    I may be evil and I may be a robot, but I am not... oh wait, there was no third thing.

Me thinks he doth protest too much...

Wait 'til tomorrow. If she hasn't messaged you by then give her a shout. If you're interested of course.
    A lot of women seem to just ad you to their favourites in hope that you'll make the 'first' move. It's weird. It's like they want to be old fashioned by letting the man send the first message but are also being pro-active at the same time by guiding his hand.

It's like they want to be old fashioned by letting the man send the first message but are also being pro-active at the same time by guiding his hand.

Guilty as charged! Sorry! :o

• Advertisement

Guilty as charged! Sorry! :o

Never realised there was so much psychology behind this sort of thing. I'm such a n00b.

It's like a game of chess, but with awful spelling and grammar.

The mind games do get quite tedious. If everybody just dropped the bull and was upfront about their intentions chances are we could actually get somewhere.

The mind games do get quite tedious. If everybody just dropped the bull and was upfront about their intentions chances are we could actually get somewhere.

This confuses me. If you play mind games, and end up dating someone or whatever, they're hardly getting to know you if you're just playing mind games. :confused:

It's like a game of chess

So I should attack their castle with my bishop?

Join smooch... Everyone is very clear about their intentions on there LOL

LoTwan wrote: »

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :eek:

LoTwan wrote: »

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :eek:

They should rename it, or put a warning up. I put up a profile, no pic, bio, just the bare bones and I got 45 messages in 2 hours! Most offering NSA/FWB.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Honey-ec wrote: »
    That's it, I'm retiring the pink shorts. In the space of about half an hour this morning I got a guy wondering if I was up for a threesome with him and his bisexual mate, and the following:

“Hi Stunning

I don’t know if it’s something you’re into (seriously doubt it) but I’ll ask anyway. I’m in a relationship and have two kids who I adore. I’m in a s3xless relationship and it’s driving me demented. I’ve tried everything to get things back on track but to no avail. I’m not a bad-looking fella but can’t post photos for obvious reasons. I’m looking for someone discreet who has the same needs as myself and wants to hook up every now and again.

Regards
    Dave”

You left me out in the cold last night, could have brought me some tea, or sandwiches would have been nice too ;-)

I recall I had a smooch account for a while. Got mailing a girl for a bit. When I got round to asking if she's like to meet up for a coffee she responded, "Oh i dont date guys from the internet". the mind, she boggles! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

I recall I had a smooch account for a while. Got mailing a girl for a bit. When I got round to asking if she's like to meet up for a coffee she responded, "Oh i dont date guys from the internet". the mind, she boggles! :confused:
    That really grinds my gears, pointless being on there in the first place, a bit of confidence is all she was looking for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement