Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    awec wrote: »
    Is this like a landmark moment during the time a lady is a member of POF?

"Do you remember the date you got your first picture of a lads t0dger?"

Is is for me yeah! I've been waiting for this moment since i joined! I'm a little emotional here! ;)
    Maguined wrote: »
    Send a picture of another lads willy back, logically they would love that.

That's genius! Only problem is i don't have a pic of another lads willy!! :(
    Any volunteers??, :D

Well I'm 25 too so you would even have the same age.......direct comparison ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

So have all the eager singletons swapped profiles on here? I assume they have. Mr/Mrs Right could be posting right under their noses in here.

So have all the eager singletons swapped profiles on here? I assume they have. Mr/Mrs Right could be posting right under their noses in here.

I haven't......was told I couldn't!! Can I?ha

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not really what this thread is about... :cool:

Surely ye could swap in private, if ye liked the sound of someone/their comments. I don't see how it's 'not what this is about'. Yeah fair enough, it's for general discussion on online dating, but when there's a loada ye on it anyway, surely it's not that unheard of to say 'Here look, this is my profile, see what ya think' and see how it goes? Meh. That's what I would do anyway. Life's too short.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, how awkward would an online forum be with hundreds of different places to post be if things went sour? Same for any workplace, mutual group of friends etc. Mature people around here I assume, which should mean mature with break ups ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Surely ye could swap in private, if ye liked the sound of someone/their comments. I don't see how it's 'not what this is about'. Yeah fair enough, it's for general discussion on online dating, but when there's a loada ye on it anyway, surely it's not that unheard of to say 'Here look, this is my profile, see what ya think' and see how it goes? Meh. That's what I would do anyway. Life's too short.

Thats all well and good if people want to do it off thread,via PM,tis a free country however it is not encouraged on thread as the danger could be you get a load of people signing up to boards and posting in here just to try and hit on the opposite sex.

I haven't......was told I couldn't!! Can I?ha

I grant thee permission :P

Don't worry, I meant PM :)

Also sorry, I don't know how to multiquote!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Set up an account a long time ago, was never really into dating at all because i always had a close group of friends but I've kind of drifted apart from thwm recently and feeling quite lonely/bored! I guess now is as good a time as any to try my luck!!

I also only found out about the app, not having a laptop doesnt look too bad now!

Any advice for me is good advice, thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Set up an account a long time ago, was never really into dating at all because i always had a close group of friends but I've kind of drifted apart from thwm recently and feeling quite lonely/bored! I guess now is as good a time as any to try my luck!!

I also only found out about the app, not having a laptop doesnt look too bad now!

Any advice for me is good advice, thanks guys!

Have a smiley pic! And more than 1! And write stuff in the profile don't just fill it with skxkkskxkxkskxkxkkskx in the 'About me' part. That is all :)

I grant thee permission :P

PM Sent!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thats all well and good if people want to do it off thread,via PM,tis a free country however it is not encouraged on thread as the danger could be you get a load of people signing up to boards and posting in here just to try and hit on the opposite sex.

Ah now your dead right there..
    Pm if 2 folks wanna though is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Southern Hero

Just deleting my pof account now. :) / :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Surely ye could swap in private, if ye liked the sound of someone/their comments.

I lovez da way you post bbz. xoxoxoxox Da words you iz usin' iz loike totes amazin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

FFS, another flakey one! Was meant to be meeting the guy from the good date last week tomorrow or the next day. On Sunday he texted to say he wants to meet, but could only do daytime as he's working nights and asked would that still be ok with me. I replied, said course it would and asked which day is best. It is now Thursday and not a peep out of him since! He was clearly interested on the date (said so, had a kiss) so unless he's met someone else in the meantime I don't know why he wouldn't bother:confused: I won't text him again anyway, was going to to see what the story was but I don't want to have to start by chasing someone who knows how to contact me if he wants!

There's a singles night run by one of the London sites on tonight and, since I'm meeting a friend in the area anyway, thought it might be fun to drop in. Has anyone been to one? It seems really laid-back and discreet (no advertising so walk-ins off the street wouldn't be put off and it won't just be people from the site)- the whole point just being that it's a regular night in a bar that just happens to have a higher than usual proportion of single people!

Semele wrote: »
    He was clearly interested on the date (said so, had a kiss)

I don't think an x necessarily means a whole lot to be honest. I often get messages from female friends with an x at the end of it but it doesn't mean anything. Just a force of habit they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't think an x necessarily means a whole lot to be honest. I often get messages from female friends with an x at the end of it but it doesn't mean anything. Just a force of habit they have.

We had a kiss at the end of the date, I mean! "X"s in texts are of course meaningless- I'm not quite neurotic enough to be trying to read anything into that (yet):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

That_Guy wrote: »

I thought Semele meant an actuall kiss on the date?

Semele wrote: »
    We had a kiss at the end of the date, I mean! "X"s in texts are of course meaningless- I'm not quite neurotic enough to be trying to read anything into that (yet):eek:
    I thought Semele meant an actuall kiss on the date?

Yeah... I'm an idiot... As you were ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The guy that let me down 2 weeks ago for our third date and hadnt bothered to contact me and let me know the score, suddenly texts me, saying he was sorry for being a pri** and that he just sold his house blah blah,had a mad few weeks etc etc, but if i fancied meeting for a cuppa to let him know :rolleyes:

Seriously, what is wrong with these people, do they think we are fools?? Not even going to waste my energy replying to him.

He had his chance and messed it up, im getting on great with the guy i met last sun, even though we havent seen each other since as hes down the country with work all week but hes keeping in touch and calling etc :)

Wait. That's not what boards is about?

... talk about 7 years wasted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The coincidence has struck on a few occassions actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So last night's date went well. We did drinks-dinner-drinks. Had a bit of a snog at the end of the night. I'm not entirely sure how interested I am, but if he asks me out again, I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So last night's date went well. We did drinks-dinner-drinks. Had a bit of a snog at the end of the night. I'm not entirely sure how interested I am, but if he asks me out again, I'll go.
    Is this ankle guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Pembily wrote: »
    Is this ankle guy?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Hey Everyone,

So the "Larianne method" doesn't seem to be working so well for me on POF. Online a month and NOTHING! Maybe my profile needs more work, but I've lots of info and a few pics, and I always send detailed messages. I've been mailing guys but they all trail off. Haven't gotten into a proper conversation with anyone really.
    So I'm considering going public with my profile, but there's a few on there I do not want contacting me. (I know them) Can you block someone before they contact you...like a pre-emptive stike?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just saying.. I think im closing in on my first actual date from POF. Girl messaged me first, we seem to be getting on well. The prospects are looking good..just don't be yourself Panthro, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hey Everyone,

So the "Larianne method" doesn't seem to be working so well for me on POF. Online a month and NOTHING! Maybe my profile needs more work, but I've lots of info and a few pics, and I always send detailed messages. I've been mailing guys but they all trail off. Haven't gotten into a proper conversation with anyone really.
    So I'm considering going public with my profile, but there's a few on there I do not want contacting me. (I know them) Can you block someone before they contact you...like a pre-emptive stike?! :)

The Larianne method, Ha! :o That way does take more effort, and its not 100% successful.

I don't think you can block them before they message you but you can then block them after the first message.

Have you had any of the lads on here have a look at your profile? THey're usually good offering their advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Panthro wrote: »
    Just saying.. I think im closing in on my first actual date from POF. Girl messaged me first, we seem to be getting on well. The prospects are looking good..just don't be yourself Panthro, haha!

Nice one.

The only girl's who contacted me on POF had no pic and blanked me when I asked for one.

I'm pretty fed-up of internet dating. There seems to be so few girls who really grab my interest and the rest seem fine, but don't really make me want to desperately get in contact, but as a guy you have to cast a very wide net in order to get any replies.

I guess what bothers me is that the alternative is meeting girls in real life and that has been a much worse success rate (it never happens) which doesn't fill me with confidence either :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement