Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

So got my first date from the online world on sat night. Looking forward to it, she seems really nice , have to say i'm rather nervous but in a good way.

@stripysocks .. id say its more likely your ex is just being an ass and if you dont respond to him that will be end of it, but if you get any inkling at all that he is determined to cause trouble for you , go straight to gardai and they will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Having arranged my first date in over 6 months on Sunday I now also have one for Fri (its either a feast or a famine:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Ah I like when other people are happy :) Dates are good. No point chatting for weeks and nothing to materialise from it! Good luck you two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Folks.

What would your reaction be if you see that the person that you have been dating for two months is back online a certain online dating site (match.com)?

Confused? Annoyed? Upset?

All of the above?

This is what Im experiencing just now, she's either lost interest or keeping her options open. Perhaps she's just running down her subscription (think she signed up for 3 months originally and I met her a week after she signed up). I retired my profile 2 weeks ago.

Any thoughts?

I would reckon she's lost interest sadly. When I started meeting my last bf, I deleted my profile after 2 weeks as I knew I had no interest in seeing anyone else. Prior to that, I was seeing someone a few weeks and still kept my profile open, because I just wasn't that interested in him. You could ask her about it, which would always be my first port of call, but don't be brainwashed by things she says when clearly she's not focused entirely on you. No time for games like that. You're either seeing someone or you're not. Whatever about the initial couple of dates [when it's okay to date others] but 2 months later? Nah. Next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fat__tony wrote: »
    Folks.

What would your reaction be if you see that the person that you have been dating for two months is back online a certain online dating site (match.com)?

All of the above?

This is what Im experiencing just now, she's either lost interest or keeping her options open. Perhaps she's just running down her subscription (think she signed up for 3 months originally and I met her a week after she signed up). I retired my profile 2 weeks ago.

Any thoughts?

Maybe she's checking to see if you're still online?? Does she know you took down your profile?

More than likely though she's lost interest. :cool: Only one way to find out!

Larianne wrote: »
    Maybe she's checking to see if you're still online?? Does she know you took down your profile?

More than likely though she's lost interest. :cool: Only one way to find out!

I think she does.

But I fear its the latter.

Bollocks, I seriously like her as well. :(

I think she does.

But I fear its the latter.

Bollocks, I seriously like her as well. :(

Boo. Sorry :(

We could be wrong. Ask her & see? How do you know that she's still on it, seeing as you've deleted yours??? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Funnily enough I ONLY go for dark haired fellas :)

How about bald? :D

I know what you mean about drama. A girl finished it with me last week after a few dates. Haven't been in contact since "the text". No point, all in the past now.

Didn't meet her online but had a match.com account going, suspended it in the meantime but may as well get it going again, did pay for it after all. Kinda dreading it, it can get depressing at times!

I know what you mean about drama. A girl finished it with me last week after a few dates. Haven't been in contact since "the text". No point, all in the past now.

Didn't meet her online but had a match.com account going, suspended it in the meantime but may as well get it going again, did pay for it after all. Kinda dreading it, it can get depressing at times![/QUOTE]

I only ever joined the free POF one. I don't think I'd pay. Quite frankly, it's Russian Roulette, and if I'm only going to end up with a freak anyway, I'd rather not have PAID for the em.... pleasure. It can be depressing, but I'm trying not to focus on finding a man for the time being. If he pops up, he pops up, but not going to go looking or joining a dating site again. Just put off them now. What's meant to be will be. As I said before though, I'm in a job where there aren't many men so limits things a bit, but still, I'll be grand :)

• Advertisement

Boo. Sorry :(

We could be wrong. Ask her & see? How do you know that she's still on it, seeing as you've deleted yours??? :/

i did a quick search of her username, I know sounds a bit sad and stalkerish to be honest!

Ah screw it, I think Im over-reacting, being online doesn't exactly mean shes got 4 other guys on the go.

But Ill ask her all the same.

I only ever joined the free POF one. I don't think I'd pay. Quite frankly, it's Russian Roulette, and if I'm only going to end up with a freak anyway, I'd rather not have PAID for the em.... pleasure. It can be depressing, but I'm trying not to focus on finding a man for the time being. If he pops up, he pops up, but not going to go looking or joining a dating site again. Just put off them now. What's meant to be will be. As I said before though, I'm in a job where there aren't many men so limits things a bit, but still, I'll be grand :)

Do you mean Russian Roulette with a single barrel shotgun? That's how the dating game plays out for me sometimes. You're right about not focusing on meeting someone, get out there and enjoy yourself as best you can, that's when you'll have the opportunity to meet nice people! Always happens when you least expect it.

Would you be fishing off the company pier then if you got the chance? I work in IT now so I don't even bother trying but when I used to work in a supermarket it happened all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Didn't meet her online but had a match.com account going, suspended it in the meantime but may as well get it going again, did pay for it after all. Kinda dreading it, it can get depressing at times![/QUOTE]

Ive the opposite problem, where i work now its all lads working there.

Do you mean Russian Roulette with a single barrel shotgun? That's how the dating game plays out for me sometimes. You're right about not focusing on meeting someone, get out there and enjoy yourself as best you can, that's when you'll have the opportunity to meet nice people! Always happens when you least expect it.

Would you be fishing off the company pier then if you got the chance? I work in IT now so I don't even bother trying but when I used to work in a supermarket it happened all the time!

I've met 2 boyfriends from online dating, one of whom has shown himself to be a bit psycho as of late, but other than that, only had good experiences. Dates are fun. Getting to know people is fun. I love meeting, and talking! But for now, I'm going to take a break. The thoughts of putting myself out there and 'advertising' myself as such, isn't appealing! Like I said, if a man pops up, he pops up. I'll go and enjoy myself in the meantime :) Luckily I've still a few single friends left! :)

Ive the opposite problem, where i work now its all lads working there.

Here, I'll swap with ya ;) AND I'm from Galway. Sorted :P

I've met 2 boyfriends from online dating, one of whom has shown himself to be a bit psycho as of late, but other than that, only had good experiences. Dates are fun. Getting to know people is fun. I love meeting, and talking! But for now, I'm going to take a break. The thoughts of putting myself out there and 'advertising' myself as such, isn't appealing! Like I said, if a man pops up, he pops up. I'll go and enjoy myself in the meantime :) Luckily I've still a few single friends left! :)

Ah that's a good attitude to have, head out with the friends and have the craic, you won't be long meeting someone! I've got 3 weddings in the next 2 months to go to so I'll be watching Wedding Crashers to refresh my style! :D

Ah that's a good attitude to have, head out with the friends and have the craic, you won't be long meeting someone! I've got 3 weddings in the next 2 months to go to so I'll be watching Wedding Crashers to refresh my style! :D

Haha LOVE that film, so funny! Wouldn't mind crashing a few weddings myself, a possible event to bump into your future partner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Here, I'll swap with ya ;) AND I'm from Galway. Sorted :P

Lol sounds good.:)

Haha LOVE that film, so funny! Wouldn't mind crashing a few weddings myself, a possible event to bump into your future partner ;)

Now you said it, all those ladies getting inebriated on the cheap wine and the lovey-doveyness in the air! You can't go wrong! And even if you don't meet someone nice there's a free bar. It's almost worth having to buy a present for the happy couple!

Now you said it, all those ladies getting inebriated on the cheap wine and the lovey-doveyness in the air! You can't go wrong! And even if you don't meet someone nice there's a free bar. It's almost worth having to buy a present for the happy couple!

I haven't been at a proper wedding in AGES, but just reaching that age where I think friends will begin to be getting married and such so dare I say it can I look forward to going to a few weddings solo in the hope of meeting my prince? :P

• Advertisement

I haven't been at a proper wedding in AGES, but just reaching that age where I think friends will begin to be getting married and such so dare I say it can I look forward to going to a few weddings solo in the hope of meeting my prince? :P

Same as me, there's a cluster of my friends all getting married. They can't be happy forever I suppose. You might get to meet your prince at one of course, but then they do say you have to kiss a load of frogs before you find him. What's to stop you kissing all the frogs on the same night and speeding things up? Nothing, but then you need to make sure your friends don't tag you in a load of incriminating pics on facebook. Hmmm, maybe it's harder work than I initially thought.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I booked my accommodation for my friends wedding there tonight, just decided I'm staying in the hotel overnight. :D

Good man! A well stocked mini-bar and some candles and you're sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I booked my accommodation for my friends wedding there tonight, just decided I'm staying in the hotel overnight. :D

*Stayed in hotels on my own twice now at the stage, it's not nearly as depressing as it sounds! :)

*May not be true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Folks.

All of the above?

Any thoughts?

Were you not online also? Otherwise how would you know she was? Why had you not discussed taking down profiles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

i did a quick search of her username, I know sounds a bit sad and stalkerish to be honest!

Ah screw it, I think Im over-reacting, being online doesn't exactly mean shes got 4 other guys on the go.

But Ill ask her all the same.

Did you search using a search engine such as google or did you log into the site and search?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Are you sure she hasnt got a smartphone and may be online through that without even knowing like I am??

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Got a profile view there and had a look.

There's a picture of her.... in her school uniform. :(

Well you know the old saying - they're old enough to go out with when they finish school...

at four o'clock in the evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Got a profile view there and had a look.

There's a picture of her.... in her school uniform. :(

School disco night out???? Maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement