Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

will some one have a look at my profile please, pm me, the lack of messages is killing me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well now, not only stood up but also bumped into my ex, who I thought the world of and took ages too get over. Ahh well, it can only happen to me I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Any dates lined up for anyone for the weekend?

Looking like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Panthro wrote: »
    Well now, not only stood up but also bumped into my ex, who I thought the world of and took ages too get over. Ahh well, it can only happen to me I guess.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ah Im sorry to hear that:(

Never nice to be stood up-did he/she give a reason or just cut off contact?

Its happened to me last year so I know how ya must be feeling but life goes on & its really not the end of the fecking world.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Went through a similar thing with my ex, totally understand!
    In other news, since i added some new phoyos ive been bombarded with messages by Some nice lads... None of whom are my type. I think it may be time to find some cats to settle down with, I don't deserve anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Went through a similar thing with my ex, totally understand!
    In other news, since i added some new phoyos ive been bombarded with messages by Some nice lads... None of whom are my type. I think it may be time to find some cats to settle down with, I don't deserve anyone!

Dont go with cats,get some nice dogs instead,least they will provide some companionship!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I just wanted to say hello :-) and a quick thank you for the link to Smooch which I am finding very entertaining for the last few days.

I am sick of the "I'll flirt with you 9-5 but then I'm going home to my wife" and the "do you want to be my lover?" on the 3rd message. Why is it do hard to find someone who would like to have dinner with me a few times a week?

Answers on the back of a post card please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dont go with cats,get some nice dogs instead,least they will provide some companionship!
    :pac:

Maybe even put up a pic of you with the dog and people will go "Awh" at least, great way of starting a conversation. Cats are lovely but dogs rule.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Larianne wrote: »
    phallus like. :pac:

Also, had another guy asking did I want to see him **** off on camera. They're all out tonight!! See this is what happens when you unhide your profile!!

One of my friends got a similar message. As a first message he laid out exactly what he wanted... i.e. someone to watch him masturbate. Ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

LoTwan wrote: »
    I just wanted to say hello :-) and a quick thank you for the link to Smooch which I am finding very entertaining for the last few days.

I am sick of the "I'll flirt with you 9-5 but then I'm going home to my wife" and the "do you want to be my lover?" on the 3rd message. Why is it do hard to find someone who would like to have dinner with me a few times a week?

Have to say I've come across a couple of 9-5's on smooch too. Just can't win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Any dates lined up for anyone for the weekend?

One tonight and was supposed to have one Sunday but haven't heard back from her in a couple of days so that will probably fall through. Tbh kinda leaning towards the girl tonight anyway so worked out so far. A little full on but the brutal honesty and forwardness is kinda winning me over.

Better than the usual tactical mind games that Napoleon would have been proud of:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah lad that's awful. Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Larianne wrote: »
    I did reply to him saying I was good. And wished him a Happy Easter. He did reply but his account got deleted before I could send another reply. :'(

He'll be back; he re-regs every couple of days with a slightly different username. Like you, I replied to him for the laugh. He messages me EVERY time he re-regs now. He has also sent me his mobile number, his email address & his Skype details. None of which I've ever made use of. Get the hint, dude!

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Just got a lovely message from a pictureless profile

"Hi there how are you?
    Any interest in strapons an golden showers?:)"

Think I'll reply just for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

LoTwan wrote: »

I know how you feel . Pop in here now and again to read . When I first started Internet dating drove me mad but I now am much more laid back about it in the sense that weeding out the weirdos is just par for the course . I did stop using POF I have left a profile up but no pic and my setting very restricted etc . No messages at all but don't expect any with the above . I had a look at smooch and decided it wasn't for me etc

I may have a second date from match .com soon and looking forward to that seems there are more on it my age group etc . Joined OKC also and did put a pic up but for ages got no replies at all . Went back in and redid profile and answered the questions etc it seems I was not using it right when I signed up and I am now getting quivers and matches etc . A few emails in the last few days and one guy seems genuine and nice so we will see if he replies back as his profile was good . I have gotten no funny messages on OKC so far and it's free also . I am still at it but not with much gusto really more if someone messages I will have a look . I was seeing someone for a short while I met in real life lol but didn't work out .

Ankhyu wrote: »
    "Hi there how are you?
    Any interest in strapons an golden showers?:)"

How could someone not just swoon at that intro?

Honey-ec wrote: »
    He'll be back; he re-regs every couple of days with a slightly different username. Like you, I replied to him for the laugh. He messages me EVERY time he re-regs now. He has also sent me his mobile number, his email address & his Skype details. None of which I've ever made use of. Get the hint, dude!

Put a link on your page to his skype/profile etc and tell people exactly what he did/said usually scares them off. Have seen one girl do this when she posted the message he sent her on her own profile and a link to his. Surprisingly he deleted his account almost immediately.

Cruel but effective:p

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

awec wrote: »
    Got another message last night, "OMG so handsome", but once again from someone I'm not even remotely attracted to or have any interest in them based on their profile. :(

I hate it when that happens. I remember I got a mail from a girl and I saw her username and I thought "YESSS" then I checked her profile and I couldn't have been less interested if I tried. It was a shame but the alternative was to lead her on when I blatantly wasn't interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I seriously think you need to be in the right frame of mind to be on sites like these. I had an account a good few months back but had just broken with someone so my heart wasn't really in it. Only messaged a few people and used to get me down when got no replies.

Fast forward a few months and set up a new account. I sent more and received more messages in one day than I did the whole time with my last account. Have just started sending short random pointless **** and getting a few jokey ones back. Really enjoying it now. Not too sure if anything will come out of it as still find the whole online dating thing a bit alien but it's a bit of craic anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

Without trying to sound rude, what age are most people on this thread? Should I feel bad that I'm a guy in my early twenties and have a profile on some of these sites? I don't spend hours at a time on them, but if I get half an hour during the day I'll generally log in and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

roro_utd wrote: »
    Without trying to sound rude, what age are most people on this thread? Should I feel bad that I'm a guy in my early twenties and have a profile on some of these sites? I don't spend hours at a time on them, but if I get half an hour during the day I'll generally log in and have a look

I'm 33

Only recently turned 23 and I first had an account about 2 years ago. As a few have said before having one is not unhealthy. It only becomes unhealthy when you are opting for the site as opposed to living your life. These sites are all well and good to check out try chat to a few but should be only used as a complimentary medium not an alternative.

I don't get on that much maybe once every 2-3 days at best send a few mails and have a look around. I am still going out with my friends, socializing and living my life. It is only if I stayed at home every night in the hope of meeting someone on line would I consider it worrying

Like everything else everything in moderation and part of a healthy diet:p

I'm an old fart at 37.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Turning 35 in about 2 weeks time.

awec wrote: »
    Got another message last night, "OMG so handsome", but once again from someone I'm not even remotely attracted to or have any interest in them based on their profile. :(

I got one of them last night (beautiful, not handsome... I don't live in a Jane Austen novel where women were called handsome) from a guy 2" shorter & 4 years younger than me.

Can I amend my earlier request? I'm looking for someone who is taller than me who would like to have dinner with me a few times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Just checked back into beautifulpeople and I seem to have got accepted! :cool:

Pity the site is dead....this rating thing is fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I am nearly 37 so a old fart also :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement