Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Planet X wrote: »
    Yeah, tried all the various online advice.

Banged off an email to a Nokia Care Centre. Seems a 24 month warranty applies? Anyone use this?

Most people got a quick good service off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Yeah, tried all the various online advice.

Banged off an email to a Nokia Care Centre. Seems a 24 month warranty applies? Anyone use this?

When I sent them my phone, I had it back after 2 weeks.

Does 300mA seem small when I have my phone charging? It hovers around 300 in the dianostics mode.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Anyone give me a clue as to how to contact them please? Was on Nokia.ie and fired off 3 emails over the last few days but no response. Emailed their Care Centre in Newbridge also. No reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Anyone give me a clue as to how to contact them please? Was on Nokia.ie and fired off 3 emails over the last few days but no response. Emailed their Care Centre in Newbridge also. No reply.

Nokia have always replied to me on Twitter and Facebook, try that maybe.

Sorted. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone got issues with whatsapp since the last few updates? Like new messages not being sorted by contact who last sent a message and new message being at top of list, and live tile message counter not resetting after reading new messages? Now have 39 unread according to the live tile.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

New update again this morning.

What I have is Whatsapp messages not being pushed as they're sent. Or the same notification coming in multiple times.

Hopefully todays update fixes this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still no update for me, and since the last one I'm finding it causing massive battery drain, nothing else got updated or installed / changed so must be whatsapp :mad:

Also finding the phone is warmer than usual, as If id been playing games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Whatsapp doing my head in too at the moment! Have recently become more active on it and since this update I’m finding:
    1) Battery drains a lot faster
    2) I seem to often get notifications (top of screen) of new posts in group chat, but when I open them they’re not there and seem to be lost forever!

Sorted. Thanks.

Crap service actually!

Phone boxed and waiting on the Hall Table for the last 9 days for UPS collection.
    Repair Form everything included but no show.

• Advertisement

Start from scratch again, download and fill out new forms last night.
    Phone collected this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Sorry if its been mentioned already but does Netflix work on the phone.tried the other day but no joy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

d1980 wrote: »
    Sorry if its been mentioned already but does Netflix work on the phone.tried the other day but no joy

Are you using this:> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/store/app/netflix/c3a509cd-61d6-df11-a844-00237de2db9e ?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Davy wrote: »

no.worked now.thanks for that.appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Lads is there anywhere I can get my hands on a new Lumia 800? the case on my Lumia, after three repairs, has finally bitten the dust and I'd like to stick with this phone. The reason? The phone looks great, the screen is also superb and it's just the right size to hold!

I also like 7.8. I have a Lumia 820 but the phone is just too big for my liking. Texting with one hand is impossible..If no one knows where I can get a new (or perfect condition) 800 would the 620 anywhere near as nice as the 800 screen quality wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

FGR wrote: »

I also like 7.8. I have a Lumia 820 but the phone is just too big for my liking. Texting with one hand is impossible..If no one knows where I can get a new (or perfect condition) 800 would the 620 anywhere near as nice as the 800 screen quality wise?

Don't know anywhere to get one bar amazon.co.uk or clove or handtec, but it will be expensive.

I feel your pain though. All these massive phones are annoying, why can't we get decent phones in a manageable size? Only the iPhone has stayed true to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

TBi wrote: »
    Only the iPhone has stayed through to this.

The iphone 5s or 6 could end up being bigger again...which will be a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Can't believe i spelled true as through!

We won't know what the next iPhone will be like, but all signs point to it being the same size as the 5. It will be interesting to see what will happen with the 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

FGR wrote: »
    Lads is there anywhere I can get my hands on a new Lumia 800? the case on my Lumia, after three repairs, has finally bitten the dust and I'd like to stick with this phone. The reason? The phone looks great, the screen is also superb and it's just the right size to hold!

Buy a new cover from ebay, one that comes with free tools to remove the case and change it yourself. Then follow a tear down guide on youtube to see how to remove the case. I've done it with my black lumia 920 to change it to red and then to yellow. Takes only a few minutes to do and looks like new when finished 😊

Start from scratch again, download and fill out new forms last night.
    Phone collected this morning. :)

Neat.......
    Just got a new 820 this afternoon from Nokia. Must've scrapped the 800.
    Thanks Nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I back having trouble with my emails again

This time the gmail ones won't synch

I've tried powering down, removing and refitting the SIM, etc and I've plugged it into the computer to check for updates, etc but nothing.

I'm getting pretty p!ssed off with it now and, as I'm eligible for an upgrade, I think my time left with my Lumia 800 could be very short indeed.

My only dilemma now is wht to go for as a replacement .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry if this has been asked already, and it might even have been by me! Anyone know if you can set phone to display more than your current/next calendar appointment when the screen is locked? Since switching to using Outlook for my diary I've found it a great help, but it'd be handy if everything (or as much as could fit on screen) for the current day would be useful to be able to see without having to unlock and then go into calendar. I know I could adjust the calendar live tile but like the idea of making better use of the locked screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

hi , I really need help with my nokia lumia 800 .I can not open the Music+Videos app neither the Marketplace also if I want to install an app they don't open . I would really appreciate any help on how to solve this matter.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

spring21 wrote: »
    hi , I really need help with my nokia lumia 800 .I can not open the Music+Videos app neither the Marketplace also if I want to install an app they don't open . I would really appreciate any help on how to solve this matter.
    Thank you

Ever watch the IT Crowd? Turn it off and on again :). I had the marketplace stop opening for me a while back and a reboot of the phone worked a threat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

spring21 wrote: »
    Thank you

I get this every so often, just turn it off and on.:)

thanks a mill !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

I'm having yet another problem on my Lumia - The YT app I installed when I first got the phone randomly made some strange switch a few days ago from the more handy mobile version to its desktop version despite my internet setting specifying mobile for all websites, and it's not letting me switch back even when pressing "Mobile Version" at the bottom of the site page. All that does is highlight for a second or two and take me back to desktop. Also, I've been unable to watch any videos since then - every video I press on responds with an error saying "Sorry, this video is not available on this device." I've installed a few more YT apps that temporarily stay on mobile version for a few hours after installment but then later change to desktop and it's back to square one with not being able to use the mobile version or being able to watch any videos.

I'm now coming close to looking for another phone and even throwing this one in the bin because with the amount of internet problems it's been been having lately, particularly with YouTube, it's proving to be more hassle than it's worth. Apologies everyone for the essay of a post but I'm getting really p1ssed off with it at this stage. Has this happened to any other users and any advice on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Garzard wrote: »
    I'm having yet another problem on my Lumia - The YT app I installed when I first got the phone randomly made some strange switch a few days ago from the more handy mobile version to its desktop version despite my internet setting specifying mobile for all websites, and it's not letting me switch back even when pressing "Mobile Version" at the bottom of the site page. All that does is highlight for a second or two and take me back to desktop. Also, I've been unable to watch any videos since then - every video I press on responds with an error saying "Sorry, this video is not available on this device." I've installed a few more YT apps that temporarily stay on mobile version for a few hours after installment but then later change to desktop and it's back to square one with not being able to use the mobile version or being able to watch any videos.

I'm now coming close to looking for another phone and even throwing this one in the bin because with the amount of internet problems it's been been having lately, particularly with YouTube, it's proving to be more hassle than it's worth. Apologies everyone for the essay of a post but I'm getting really p1ssed off with it at this stage. Has this happened to any other users and any advice on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    I think those problems could be on youtubes side as Ive read that google have made youtube and their HTML5 sites basically unusable or very poor on windows phones. They've have also made all youtube apps on WP have errors when they try to load a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Hi lads, I've two questions if any of ye could be kind enough to answer please.

1. I lost my headphones on a night out last week and I have bog standard headphones but they won't work with the Lumia 800. Any idea which headphones would work?

2. Since I did an update about a month ago I haven't been able to login to anything online with the phone. Boards, betting ect. Any idea how to change this?

:)

• Advertisement

I need a bit of help sending multimedia pictures.at the moment I can't send any I get 'try again'.

Advertisement