Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have a lumia 800 here but the wifi isnt working at all, It just gets stuck on "searching" and then says no network found even though i'm 2 foot away from my router.

Is this a common problem can it be fixed?? Data works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

baraca wrote: »
    Have a lumia 800 here but the wifi isnt working at all, It just gets stuck on "searching" and then says no network found even though i'm 2 foot away from my router.

Is this a common problem can it be fixed?? Data works fine.

Powering it off and back on again seems to solve most minor issues so that's surely worth a try if you haven't done so already.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has anyone had their phone 'go back'- time and/or date wise? About a week ago it lost 12 hours overnight- but not precisely, it was roughly 12 hours 40 minutes and yesterday it lost exactly a day overnight. It's not a problem at the moment but it will be in the future when I need it for alarms. Hoping it's not just my phone and that there's a fix on the way.
    yeah this has happened be the odd time when I restart the phone. Also happened once cussing my alarm not to go off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is anywhere selling these cheap still?

My 710 took a swim this morning so I might need something quick if I can't resurrect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Maybe this would be a good time to go for the 620.. You won't be sorry

• Advertisement

Yeah you could very well be right, I'm looking into the prices of them now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Cerbera wrote: »
    Powering it off and back on again seems to solve most minor issues so that's surely worth a try if you haven't done so already.

:)

Lol, Yeah I've done hard resets and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

stevenmu wrote: »
    Yeah you could very well be right, I'm looking into the prices of them now

€240 delivered from Amazon at the moment.

I was looking at the O2 deal have at the moment, the 620 is £130 which is great value if it can be unlocked.

Luckily my 710 came back to life so the pressure is off for the moment. Have to give credit to Nokia, the phone got well soaked, at one point I turned it on and everything worked except the touchscreen, which made sense when I realised the screen was still filled with water, but once that all dried up everything has worked perfectly.

Still a bit tempted by that 620 deal though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

That's a good deal alright.

How did you dry your phone? When it happened before to me (with a much older phone) I took it apart and put all the parts into a bowl of rice - the rice dries it out and doesn't damage it like leaving it near a heat source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone having trouble viewing pages on boards today on the Lumia 800???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

eh i dunno wrote: »

Yep, I can't see new pages. I.e When I click the arrow to view the next page of a thread noting happens. But when I long hold on the arrow and click open in new tab it works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

eh i dunno wrote: »

They have been making some changes to it.

Still didn't fix the bug when I select a piece of text it doesn't something completely opposite :S

As per usual probably tailored towards fruity devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Yep, I can't see new pages. I.e When I click the arrow to view the next page of a thread noting happens. But when I long hold on the arrow and click open in new tab it works

same with me. Hope its sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Use m.boards.ie once ye've logged in with the regular mobile site and things will fly along. Its a bit old school but it works well and doesn't suffer from any adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was working fine on mine yesterday and this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone with issues connecting to chat within the messaging app?

All I've seen for the last few days is "Cannot connect to chat to see who is online"

I have 70% battery left and it says "Estimated time remaining 2 hours"

Surely this can't be right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Is the battery saver turned on?

You probably have recharged once ir twice since, but is it still showing a low charge or life remaining? Do you many unessesary apps running?

• Advertisement

I installed an update Sunday night and let the battery die then. Charged it to 100% and now im getting:

Estimated time remaining: 12 hours and 14 hours on battery saver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

Is there a timer for the Lumia 800's camera? I've been looking through the settings and can't find one.

Garzard wrote: »
    Is there a timer for the Lumia 800's camera? I've been looking through the settings and can't find one.

Have you looked under the camera settings when in camera mode? If not there, have a look for an app or update called camera extras. The 'Marketplace' tab on your phone might be the place to look.

I installed an update Sunday night and let the battery die then. Charged it to 100% and now im getting:

Estimated time remaining: 12 hours and 14 hours on battery saver

Might take another couple of charges. Mine always gives a lower battery life than usual after doing any updates for some odd reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Hi,

I am having issues sending an mms messages - in that they dont send and say try again and then nothing happens. I am with 3 Ireland.

Just seeing if anyone on here with 3 and has settings for mms messages.

Ringing 3 customer service is painful.

Thanks in advance

You just need to download and run the "Network Settings" app from the Nokia Collection in the marketplace. It should detect that you are on Three, if not you just have to pick it from the list, it'll apply all the settings you need. The just restart your phone to make sure the settings take effect, and your MMS should work.

Also, you'll need to have mobile data enabled for MMS to work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

stevenmu wrote: »
    You just need to download and run the "Network Settings" app from the Nokia Collection in the marketplace. It should detect that you are on Three, if not you just have to pick it from the list, it'll apply all the settings you need. The just restart your phone to make sure the settings take effect, and your MMS should work.

Also, you'll need to have mobile data enabled for MMS to work too.

MMS worked for me for a while after getting the 800. Then stopped. I did all the network setup etc. also contacted o2 about it. It worked again for a few days and stopped. Never worked again since December. Until I did the latest update and presto. Worked perfect.
    Over the past 2 weeks I had to keep my phone turned on due to a family ilness and may have needed to be contacted during day or night. Today I could not get on marketplace so I rebooted the phone. Guess what.?
    Yup. MMs messaging gone again :(

Yeah there seems to be an issue for O2 Lumia users with MMS. There have been quite a few people on the thread here with the same thing. Not sure why, I don't know if it's something to do with tier network, or maybe there's some problem with O2 specific firmware (I don't know if anyone has tried flashing a generic firmware?).

I think the Network Setup app has worked fine for everyone on other networks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

irish-stew wrote: »
    Have you looked under the camera settings when in camera mode? If not there, have a look for an app or update called camera extras. The 'Marketplace' tab on your phone might be the place to look.

There wasn't originally but I found the Camera Extras app on Marketplace and installed it, so have everything I want now. Strange though that the camera didn't have all these things already, especially with a smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Camera extras is a firmware addon by Nokia. It's been available for a long time and basically is part of the basic features in all honesty.

Advertisement