Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

You're not going to get one on o2. Pretty much all of them were sold out about 4 months ago when the sale started.
    Picked one up off an Amazon reseller. £174. Typing this message on it actually. Got it this afternoon.

You're not going to get one on o2. Pretty much all of them were sold out about 4 months ago when the sale started.
    Picked one up off an Amazon reseller. £174. Typing this message on it actually. Got it this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Planet X wrote: »

You got it off Amazon. His point remains. You cant buy one from O2, as they are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I have an upgrade due in April. I have a Nokia N8 at the moment. The camera is pretty good on it, which was the main reason I got it. Over time I realised it was a bit of a pain in the ass with the apps I couldn't get. I'm thinking Sky Go specifically at the moment. The Nokia Lumia (various versions) looks like a good bit of tech, but from what I've read Sky Go is not available. (I work nights with no tv screens, so the availability of Sky Go would be a big factor in choosing my next phone) I was thinking that with a Windows operating system it should surely be available. Can anyone with a Lumia shed any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I have an upgrade due in April. I have a Nokia N8 at the moment. The camera is pretty good on it, which was the main reason I got it. Over time I realised it was a bit of a pain in the ass with the apps I couldn't get. I'm thinking Sky Go specifically at the moment. The Nokia Lumia (various versions) looks like a good bit of tech, but from what I've read Sky Go is not available. (I work nights with no tv screens, so the availability of Sky Go would be a big factor in choosing my next phone) I was thinking that with a Windows operating system it should surely be available. Can anyone with a Lumia shed any light on this?

Official App is only available on iOS and Android. Its dodgy on Android cause with every software update, it takes Sky ****ing light years to update it to "officially" work, even though it can probably run without a problem.

If only they spent half as time on getting the app to work on more phones, rather trying to make it not to work.

But that's the whole story anyway. I think Sky News is the only official app we have from Sky. Unless you got Sky Movies package or Sports, theres nothing great about it, I only have the basic package + education + music + kids and there's only about 15 channels that I can watch on Sky Go. Its total crap, your better of getting a Netflix subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Official App is only available on iOS and Android. Its dodgy on Android cause with every software update, it takes Sky ****ing light years to update it to "officially" work, even though it can probably run without a problem.

If only they spent half as time on getting the app to work on more phones, rather trying to make it not to work.

But that's the whole story anyway. I think Sky News is the only official app we have from Sky. Unless you got Sky Movies package or Sports, theres nothing great about it, I only have the basic package + education + music + kids and there's only about 15 channels that I can watch on Sky Go. Its total crap, your better of getting a Netflix subscription.

I have Sky Go, I only want to watch it on my phone for the football, specifically for La Liga. My Nokia N8 doesn't support Sky Go. I'm wondering do the Lumia phones support Sky Go?
    Sky News is offensively atrocious, it's the sports channels I'm looking for.

Also, I have a Netflix subscription, but that's a whole other thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I have Sky Go, I only want to watch it on my phone for the football, specifically for La Liga. My Nokia N8 doesn't support Sky Go. I'm wondering do the Lumia phones support Sky Go?
    Sky News is offensively atrocious, it's the sports channels I'm looking for.

Also, I have a Netflix subscription, but that's a whole other thread :)
    Sky Go = No

Sorry.

Hi guys n gals,
    Unfortunately the 800 I picked up off Amazon, sim free, whilst working fine as a phone I cannot configure the settings for my Data Package off O2 (payg).

Was on to 1747 this after. and the good lady gave me a bunch of inputs and told me to "have a go".

So it's my Mobile Network that isn't configured.
    APN. Proxy Server/URL, Proxy Port settings. Assuming that the "Username and Password are of my own choice?

She gave me the following;

NMSC; http://nnsc.nns.o2.ie.8002

NMSC PROXY; 62.40.32.40

NMS PROTOCOL; WAP2.0

etc etc.

Tried various permutations but nothing.
    WIFI turned off.
    I asked her that if I dropped into an O2 store would the lads sort it. She said maybe but since I bought it from Amazon, maybe not.

Can some one guide me here please.

Many thanks.

Sorted it seems. I had o2.ie in the APN box. Typed in "internet" and it seems to be OK.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

You're paying for a service with O2 so I don't see why they can't try and help. Have O2 ever offered the 800? If they haven't then maybe the network doesn't support the phone but that's a long shot.
    Personally, if they didn't try and help I'd be pretty annoyed.

• Advertisement

They don't stock it now or should I say that they're out of stock.

I see Bluetooth won't work with my Computer. Tried to transfer music but no joy.
    Terrible.

I see Bluetooth won't work with my Computer. Tried to transfer music but no joy.
    Terrible.

Did you use the app nokia provides for bluetooth transfers?

Yes. Matching numbers on computer / phone to beat the band. Nothing happening though.

iTunes / Apple Mac.

Don't know. Might be incompatible with the mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Yes. Matching numbers on computer / phone to beat the band. Nothing happening though.

iTunes / Apple Mac.
    Yea it still seems that if you want a phone with a decent music player iPhone is still the one to beat.

I think there are a few better phones than the iPhone out there but if you want the best music store /phone experience it has to be the iPhone. That and the fact that most docking music players are made for iPhone.

I am not an apple fanboy BTW I don't have an iPad and won't be buying one. Others do this better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone recomend any ear buds with an in-line mic for the lumia. Seen some skullcandy and philips ones yesterday. says that they work with iPhones, but doesn't mention any other makes. Anyone have any experience of them, or others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi all
    I lost my lumia today in college but need to retrieve my numbers from google.I had backed them up to my account.

How do I do it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

Hi all
    I lost my lumia today in college but need to retrieve my numbers from google.I had backed them up to my account.

How do I do it?

thanks

if you set up find my phone you can lock it and locate it. I'd look on the WP site to find out how to retrieve your numbers.

Hi all

How do I do it?

thanks

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    Anyone recomend any ear buds with an in-line mic for the lumia. Seen some skullcandy and philips ones yesterday. says that they work with iPhones, but doesn't mention any other makes. Anyone have any experience of them, or others.

In my experience alot of them work anyway.

found it thanks.

Is there any way of importing them back into the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Add your Gmail account to the phone and it should populate the People Hub automatically.

I found my phone and all my contacts are on it ...happy days.

circadia mentioned "find my phone" I see it turned my settings but when i go onto windowsphone.com and log into find my phone I just see instructions about how to do things but no details on where my phone is.

What am i missing?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is there a map here? https://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/my/find

I think you have to have data on for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Yea it still seems that if you want a phone with a decent music player iPhone is still the one to beat.

I think there are a few better phones than the iPhone out there but if you want the best music store /phone experience it has to be the iPhone. That and the fact that most docking music players are made for iPhone.

I am not an apple fanboy BTW I don't have an iPad and won't be buying one. Others do this better I think.

With the new nokia music its a massive leap forward ahead of any iphone imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For those of you not happy with Nokias ringtones, There is an app in Nokia Collection that's lets you make your own ringtone from a song on your Zune. Its called Ringtone maker

flas wrote: »

With the new nokia music its a massive leap forward ahead of any iphone imo...
    I had a Nokia 10 years ago with "Nokia music". Nothing new here.

I have yet to see any docking stations for these yet. I did buy one for my son and think its a fine fone. A nicer looking phone than my iPhone. Great Internet and mail apps.

If it wasn't for the docking / music I would prob get one for my next phone. I think it's great to see a real rival to apples dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

topcatcbr wrote: »
    I had a Nokia 10 years ago with "Nokia music". Nothing new here.

I have yet to see any docking stations for these yet. I did buy one for my son and think its a fine fone. A nicer looking phone than my iPhone. Great Internet and mail apps.

If it wasn't for the docking / music I would prob get one for my next phone. I think it's great to see a real rival to apples dominance.

I have this phone and really like it, but It's hardly a rival to the iPhone. Are you sure Nokia Music is around that long LOL? though it was brought in since Nokia launched the Lumia smartphones.

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »

I have this phone and really like it, but It's hardly a rival to the iPhone. Are you sure Nokia Music is around that long LOL? though it was brought in since Nokia launched the Lumia smartphones.
    Yea. I remember when I bought the phone it came with €100 credit for Nokia music store. The phone was black and red with play forward and reverse buttons on the side.

It was a real pain when I got rid of phone. I had to transfer all music onto cd then back to my pc so it could be used by iTunes. It then left multiple copies of the same music in different formats taking up alot of hard drive space.

Advertisement