Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Super Monkey Ball 2 Nokia version is also free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I'm about to fook this phone against a f'in wall, piece of crap! seriously how difficult is it to issue a update? Android and iphone have relatively no problem but fooking windows!! GURRRRRR

gcgirl wrote: »
    I'm about to fook this phone against a f'in wall, piece of crap! seriously how difficult is it to issue a update? Android and iphone have relatively no problem but fooking windows!! GURRRRRR

I tried forcing the update for a couple of hours yesterday but that sh1t was driving me mad, it will come when it comes. I don't like Bill Gates! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gcgirl wrote: »

Lul. Iphone is the only one that issues update at the same time. You would be lucky to get an upgrade on android.

What has windows phone got to do with Bill Gates. He left a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Lul. Iphone is the only one that issues update at the same time. You would be lucky to get an upgrade on android.

What has windows phone got to do with Bill Gates. He left a long time ago
    Android is a sinch provided you know what your doing, I think I have nearly ruined the network button on my sons laptop, Finally got the 7.8 update with nearly some tears shed, its tricky and persistence and patients are not really me:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Ran the updates on the phone today, very happy with the ability to make the tiles on the start page smaller :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I'm actually quite impressed with Lumia's battery. I had an Xperia Play until I got the Lumia 800 in December.

I charge it from about 11pm to 7am.
    Then I might send a text or two, listen to music for around 20 minutes.
    I have WiFi on at all times, don't use data though.
    Usually use the WiFi for around an hour or two each day too.

Doing the same on the Xperia left me at about 50-60%.

Lumia appears to still be around 70-80%.

It hasn't run out on me yet

I'm actually quite impressed with Lumia's battery. I had an Xperia Play until I got the Lumia 800 in December.

I charge it from about 11pm to 7am.
    Then I might send a text or two, listen to music for around 20 minutes.
    I have WiFi on at all times, don't use data though.
    Usually use the WiFi for around an hour or two each day too.

Doing the same on the Xperia left me at about 50-60%.

Lumia appears to still be around 70-80%.

It hasn't run out on me yet

Really? because as you I had an Xperia Play before the Lumia and my battery on the Play is way better.

Does anybody know if we're getting Xbox Music? I
    thought it was coming with 7.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

nocoverart wrote: »
    Really? because as you I had an Xperia Play before the Lumia and my battery on the Play is way better.

Does anybody know if we're getting Xbox Music? I
    thought it was coming with 7.8.

Yeah, I thought the battery on the Xperia was crap (not that it really bothered me, I was never too far from a charger).

The Lumia seems good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I've been experimenting with HERE maps online. What a thick name for mapping software. Whatever happened to naming something in such a way that it could be easily found on the web. There was nothing wrong with OVI - You googled - you got it.
    Anway, instead of favourites, we have "collections". We can add places into different collections. Why we need to do that, i'm not too sure, but i suppose I can have one collection labelled "customers" and another one marked "Adverts" or "Done Deal" and I won't be scrolling through lists of favourites to select a destination.
    Here's the problem though. The Collection appears only to sync with the Nokia Maps app on the phone and not the Nokia Drive app. I could never understand the logic as to why these two apps exist and now it's most confusing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I've been experimenting with HERE maps online. What a thick name for mapping software. Whatever happened to naming something in such a way that it could be easily found on the web. There was nothing wrong with OVI - You googled - you got it.
    Anway, instead of favourites, we have "collections". We can add places into different collections. Why we need to do that, i'm not too sure, but i suppose I can have one collection labelled "customers" and another one marked "Adverts" or "Done Deal" and I won't be scrolling through lists of favourites to select a destination.
    Here's the problem though. The Collection appears only to sync with the Nokia Maps app on the phone and not the Nokia Drive app. I could never understand the logic as to why these two apps exist and now it's most confusing!

They nearly have it right - you first need to run Nokia Maps on your phone. From here you can see your favourites / collections (just all in one list - not in individual collections like on the website). Then you can hit Get Directions and you can start navigating in Nokia Drive (loads the app automatically at that point). No direct access from Nokia Drive is a bit of an eejit move.

Collections on the website is a good idea though - I have different collections for different reasons. eg Galway sightseeing, appointments in West Cork, offices etc. Except like I said before these groups don't filter down to the Nokia Maps app - you just get one big dirty list. I assume they're working on this!

EDIT: just noticed this is the Lumia 800 thread - not sure if the behaviour described above works on anything other than WinPhone8

Yeah, I thought the battery on the Xperia was crap (not that it really bothered me, I was never too far from a charger).

The Lumia seems good so far.

My mother used to get like 4 days out of the Xperia. Though she did say the internet and apps were too slow for her to even try to use anything, where the Lumia was quicker so she was prone to using it more. She gets around two days max, she talks a lot on the phone during the day so shes used to charging it every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Finally got the update using the force method! Bit ridiculous really...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Be careful with this update as there appears to be a bug at the moment where some of the live tiles on the home-screen are using your data connection:

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-7-8-start-screen-appears-to-have-a-battery-draining-data-hogging-bug/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Be careful with this update as there appears to be a bug at the moment where some of the live tiles on the home-screen are using your data connection:

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-7-8-start-screen-appears-to-have-a-battery-draining-data-hogging-bug/
    Strange that! I was up north earlier and got a text from 50193 telling me I'd clocked up € 25.82 on data usage (11:04 when I had only been there maybe 90 mins using nothing but GPS on phone for nav and maybe a couple of email refreshes), despite this never happening before and I'm sure I have a data package that includes roaming. Wonder if it's linked to the above and I went over the norm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is there still only one volume level with this update?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It seems the Lumia 800 possesses some of that sturdy Nokia mettle. I dropped mine in the toilet today as it was flushing. It was completely submerged before I got it out. The speaker was muffled for a couple hours but now it is all back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

It seems the Lumia 800 possesses some of that sturdy Nokia mettle. I dropped mine in the toilet today as it was flushing. It was completely submerged before I got it out. The speaker was muffled for a couple hours but now it is all back to normal.

Way too much info. Just. Way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I suppose that says it's not a sh!t phone, eh?

I'll get my coat ....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

I dropped my phone accidentally on purpose in frustrating last weekend and accidentally dropped my nexus 7, 800 was perfect while corner of my nexus is cracked might have to replace whole of the screen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Anyone know where they're available at the moment.?
    O2 online seem to be out of stock. Haven't walked into a store yet. Reckon they're in stock?
    Cheers.

Planet X wrote: »
    Anyone know where they're available at the moment.?
    O2 online seem to be out of stock. Haven't walked into a store yet. Reckon they're in stock?
    Cheers.

You're not going to get one on o2. Pretty much all of them were sold out about 4 months ago when the sale started.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

The Lumia 620 is on the way, its getting brilliant reviews, will be cheaper and have removal battery, Micro SD card (up to 64GB unlike Apple memory rip off) and covers.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2242724/nokia-lumia-620-review

Expect it to cost around 150euros on pay as you go, so it will be a bargain compared to those cheap and nasty Android low end phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

It's a great little phone that can be had for €250 through ebay sim free. It packs a lot of punch for that money and certainly will bring the Windows Phone market share up over the next few months. In my opinion how much will be more up to how well Nokia is able to get these out the door than how many people will want to buy them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

The Lumia 620 is on the way

Parcel Motel from O2 UK? I had some problem with setting an address there, I hope it will work (and I hope to get it unlocked somehow). Anyway - I dare to play with my Optimus 7 now, forced update today made it load Win7.8. Silly trick but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Getting a locked UK phone will be expensive. it'll be at best equal to the €260 you pay on ebay for a fully unlocked 620 (which includes shipping as well)

Any one find 4 pics 1 word type od game for Windows Phone? Mum seen me playing that today and she wants it. I tried a market place search but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Any one find 4 pics 1 word type od game for Windows Phone? Mum seen me playing that today and she wants it. I tried a market place search but no luck

Its not out on the Windows Phone platform.

Once again, illustrating Windows Phone's biggest issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That game is addictive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 tommy890

Elessar wrote: »
    Does anyone have one?

I used to be a big iPhone fan, then switched to Android (Galaxy S2 is my current) but now I want to try Nokias Windows phone comeback.

Anyone have one? What do you think?

Phonesonline have it for €540.
    I. Have an unlocked 800 lumia which is fine but I would sell and switch to android due to apps I want being not available. Nokia drive I love however. Free sat nah package on phone which is excellent. <mod snip>

Advertisement