Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Ryanair Issue

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Flown Ryanair a few times and check in online and print off my boarding pass

My printer is pretty dodgy and the barcode doesn't work at security.
    The page prints ok but it's not sharp, just a bit unclear

Went to Ryanair desk expecting to be stung

Not a bother, they printed off a new card for me.

Did this in Dublin and in Stanstead

I'll have a better printer next time!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Flown Ryanair a few times and check in online and print off my boarding pass

My printer is pretty dodgy and the barcode doesn't work at security.
    The page prints ok but it's not sharp, just a bit unclear

Went to Ryanair desk expecting to be stung

Not a bother, they printed off a new card for me.

Did this in Dublin and in Stanstead

I'll have a better printer next time!

You'll get a new printer for €50 so it'll pay for itself with just one flight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ryanair didn't charge me extra

I thought they would and was pleasantly suprised when they gave me a new pass for free

But yeah, time for a new printer

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

BALLHOPPER wrote: »
    I have flown with many different airlines,and in all Continents since the late 1950s,and I am positive that Ryan AIR is not a proper,and passenger friendly airline, profitable airline maybe, but remember PROFIT IS CREATED BY THOSE WHO SPECULATE ON THE WORKING MASSES. Very easy for chief executive of RA to have RACE HORSES and a Ranch in West Meath when the employees in the profitable airline he manages are not allowed join a trade union and do not have trade union rates of pay and trade union working conditions.Priority boarding on RA is the equivelant of an Olympic sprint.Proper airlines dont operate in this manner ie pay for priority boarding and then sprint from the boarding gate to try and get a seat.

What is this all about, you were asked direct questions which you ignore and come back with this dribble.

You expect people to believe what you have to post (if not why bother posting) yet, when you are asked to explain something or name an airline, you are unable or maybe just unwilling because you know people can see these other (as you call them) proper airline do not have the standards they used to have or are reported to have.

You are just a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

srfc19 wrote: »
    He doesn't own them. He's the CEO. And if it's his money hungriness that has led to such cheap flights all around Europe then that's brilliant.

Ryanair is a no frills airline. Cheap and cheerful, but if you choose to fly with them you should know to stay within their rules.

I really object to this in particular. Ryanair are not cheap when hidden charges are added to the advertised prices and only a concentration camp inmate could possibly describe the experience of flying with them as cheerful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I really object to this in particular. Ryanair are not cheap when hidden charges are added to the advertised prices and only a concentration camp inmate could possibly describe the experience of flying with them as cheerful.

And I really object to this in particular.

2c return to London would be classified as cheap in my books. No additional fees. I also often fly to England for less then €30 return all in. More then the 2c but still very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

I really object to this in particular. Ryanair are not cheap when hidden charges are added to the advertised prices
    This is just Ryanair Bashing. What hidden charges are you talking about? All the costs are there on there site clear as day.
    only a concentration camp inmate could possibly describe the experience of flying with them as cheerful.
    I take offence to this statement. I tell you, it is a hell a lot more cheerful than flying Aer Lingus, who are the other Airline readily available to me for the two routs I fly most. From arriving at the gate to getting off the plane most Aer Lingus staff are stuck up and very unhelpful with a superior complex in my opinion.

Yes Ryanair might have, more strict regulations but if you follow them there is no problem and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

This is just Ryanair Bashing. What hidden charges are you talking about? All the costs are there on there site clear as day.

I take offence to this statement. I tell you, it is a hell a lot more cheerful than flying Aer Lingus, who are the other Airline readily available to me for the two routs I fly most. From arriving at the gate to getting off the plane most Aer Lingus staff are stuck up and very unhelpful with a superior complex in my opinion.

Yes Ryanair might have, more strict regulations but if you follow them there is no problem and nothing to worry about.

When flying home from a holiday in the Algarve in May, I was talking to an air hostess on an Aer lingus flight for a second, and she was cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

They're not 'clear as day' to the British Office of Fair Trading nor to the EU both of whom were forced to regulate and threaten fines against Ryanair for masking the true cost of their flights.

I counter your anecdotal evidence with my own, which is the exact opposite experience and is why I refuse to fly with Ryanair. I have never had a problem with Aer Lingus despite decades flying with them. Nor indeed any of dozens of other airlines on four continents.
    As to Ryanair 'bashing', have you ever wondered WHY Ryanair is, as you put it, bashed so often? It's because their business model is based on shoddy practices and poor customer service.

Except when they change the size of the baggage allowed from check-in to gate, or when they strand passengers abroad, or when they levy retrospective charges because the British government has changed its taxes, or when they play (as I'm aware they did on Sunday evening because I was at Dublin airport to pick someone up from the Stansted flight) that preposterous jingle announcing an 'on-time' flight even though the plane was 3/4 of an hour late, orany number of other situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

They're not 'clear as day' to the British Office of Fair Trading nor to the EU both of whom were forced to regulate and threaten fines against Ryanair for masking the true cost of their flights.

First you talk about Ryanairs “hidden charges” and I said their charges were clear as day. I am correct their charges are clear. What you are talking about above is something that happened in the past. These regulations were not brought in for Ryanair, they were brought in for all airlines. From memory there 14 airlines that had fines threatened against but you just mention Ryanair. At the time British airways and Aer Lingus also advertised their prices the same way.
    It's because their business model is based on shoddy practices and poor customer service.

Do you really think so. This just shows your bias against them if you put something as silly as this in print. No company would ever do this.
    Except when they change the size of the baggage allowed from check-in to gate,

No they don’t,
    or when they strand passengers abroad, or when they levy retrospective charges because the British government has changed its taxes,

As do and did many other airlines.

• Advertisement

I counter your anecdotal evidence with my own, which is the exact opposite experience and is why I refuse to fly with Ryanair. I have never had a problem with Aer Lingus despite decades flying with them. Nor indeed any of dozens of other airlines on four continents.
    You say anecdotal evidence but I disagree with you here, I think yours is more anecdotal, you say you never had a problem with any of the dozens of other airlines, I would think very few people have the same experience.

Read my post (# 200 in this thread) and try convince me Air Lingus offer good service. I wrote to them about this and they didn’t even reply to my letter.

Typical soupier complex, attitude.

Admin please consider closing this thread as it is gone a long way from the OP first post and become a Ryanair bashing thread.

I will say I have nothing at all to do with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

I say this-Ryanair has become a victim of their own success. Know a hostess who used to work for them as they have to sell products when on air in order gain some 10-15% to supplement their earnings . She told me that standard contract of employment was non-unionised, on call (apart from standard hours), no press etc. It had made her life difficult as she was miserable. She joined Emirates airlines afterwards and much happier with her job & now living in Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Spokes of Glory

BALLHOPPER wrote: »
    I have flown with many different airlines,and in all Continents since the late 1950s,and I am positive that Ryan AIR is not a proper,and passenger friendly airline, profitable airline maybe, but remember PROFIT IS CREATED BY THOSE WHO SPECULATE ON THE WORKING MASSES. Very easy for chief executive of RA to have RACE HORSES and a Ranch in West Meath when the employees in the profitable airline he manages are not allowed join a trade union and do not have trade union rates of pay and trade union working conditions.Priority boarding on RA is the equivelant of an Olympic sprint.Proper airlines dont operate in this manner ie pay for priority boarding and then sprint from the boarding gate to try and get a seat.

Indeed. I presume you'd prefer to go back to the good old days of £400 flights to London so that AL could subsidise their (back then) cossetted workforce ?

And not having TU pay rates or working conditions is not the same as being exploited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Indeed. I presume you'd prefer to go back to the good old days of £400 flights to London so that AL could subsidise their (back then) cossetted workforce ?
    It's not, and never was, one or the other. It was not Ryanair that broke the cartel on the Dublin-London route, and if Ryanair ceased to exist, there would still be active competition on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

branie wrote: »
    When flying home from a holiday in the Algarve in May, I was talking to an air hostess on an Aer lingus flight for a second, and she was cheerful.

Yeah, but was she cheap ???????????????????? :D:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's not, and never was, one or the other. It was not Ryanair that broke the cartel on the Dublin-London route
    Who was it so that introduced cheap flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

KoolKid wrote: »
    Who was it so that introduced cheap flights?
    It was the EU that broke the cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭countrynosebag

i still feel so terribly sorry for that woman who had the trouble with her medical supplies i.e. colostomy bag - i feel very angry and disgusted with the ryan air team
    their lack of empathy, discretion and actually, plain common sense certainly does not endear them to me
    since my accident i hobble about and have several drugs - bottles and pills i must have with me, also my inhalers for my lifelong asthma - i am scared to approach them at all and, be honest, some of you have 'conditions' and with a bit of discretion are managed and we do not want either a fanfare nor the anger and non-co-operation being exhibited for that poor woman
    the more i hear about ryan air the more ashamed i feel of the irish name bandied about worldwide as 'the unaceptable face of capitalism'

Advertisement