Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Ryanair Issue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Same with them as well - never seen the point in getting it. Esp if there's a bus at the terminal to the plane, they can't go til they're full anyway

Indeed .... your actually better off you can position yourself half way in the queue.

First off the bus :D

I don't mind not being first ...but being last invariably means your bags have to be put somewhere far away from where your sitting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Priority boarders get on the first bus ( unless there are so many that they fill two buses but I have never see that), and get off it first.

I don't generally use priority, about the only time it would be useful would be if I was always certain that I could always get to the airport in time, and always get past security, so I could turn up at the terminal with 30 minutes to go and bypass the existing Q.

Instead regardless of the priority I have I get there at the same time as always, - generally early to avoid problems - and just wait longer in the priority q, as I would the normal q. Getting on about 10 people before i would otherwise. Not much use.

Priority boarders get on the first bus ( unless there are so many that they fill two buses but I have never see that), and get off it first.

I don't generally use priority, about the only time it would be useful would be if I was always certain that I could always get to the airport in time, and always get past security, so I could turn up at the terminal with 30 minutes to go and bypass the existing Q.

Instead regardless of the priority I have I get there at the same time as always, - generally early to avoid problems - and just wait longer in the priority q, as I would the normal q. Getting on about 10 people before i would otherwise. Not much use.

Was in Greece a few weeks ago, two bendy buses were full,

Priority Boarders got on the bus first and off the bus last.

Capacity of a Ryanair 737 is 189 Seats.

Thats 2 Buses.

Was in Greece a few weeks ago, two bendy buses were full,

Priority Boarders got on the bus first and off the bus last.

Capacity of a Ryanair 737 is 189 Seats.

Thats 2 Buses.

well they got on the first bus, at least. In DA the priority guys go to the top of the bus, and are allowed off first. Only then is the middle door opened.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

well they got on the first bus, at least. In DA the priority guys go to the top of the bus, and are allowed off first. Only then is the middle door opened.

I tend to have reserved seating with Ryanair.

Only ever had to get a bus once, and the priority passengers were put on that, bussed to the plane and the non priority came on a different bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Not really a scam but definitely a rip off. My mother was travelling ryanair and she didnt have a printer at home so thought she would use a computer at the airport to print off the boarding card.She was there 2 hours before the flight, but couldnt click the print button. She went up to desk where she was kindly informed that to print out the boarding card would cost het 60£. If she didnt have the cash to pay, she woildnt br flying. That must be some expensive ink and paper they are using.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not really a scam but definitely a rip off. My mother was travelling ryanair and she didnt have a printer at home so thought she would use a computer at the airport to print off the boarding card.She was there 2 hours before the flight, but couldnt click the print button. She went up to desk where she was kindly informed that to print out the boarding card would cost het 60£. If she didnt have the cash to pay, she woildnt br flying. That must be some expensive ink and paper they are using.

Read the terms and conditions, you can checkin online and print your boarding pass up to 4 hours before the flight.
    They seem to disable the system when it is less than four hours.

Hmm ... never had to get a bus in Dublin Airport before :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can check in & print your boarding pass between 15 days & 4 hours before. No matter how much time you give people there are always those who will leave it till the last minute. No printer? email friends family goto to an internet cafe. All those options would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can check in & print your boarding pass between 15 days & 4 hours before. No matter how much time you give people there are always those who will leave it till the last minute. No printer? email friends family goto to an internet cafe. All those options would be cheaper.

... or go to your local library, most have a computer and a printer, available to use free for members. You pay for each page you print, in my library its just 20c a page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I agree. €60 is a lot to pay for simply not bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

When i was approaching the boarding gate to catch a plane for Prestwick but i had lost the boarding pass papers on way in.

After a brief discussion with Ryanair employee, they allowed me to onboard the plane without E60 fine phew!!!

When i was approaching the boarding gate to catch a plane for Prestwick but i had lost the boarding pass papers on way in.

After a brief discussion with Ryanair employee, they allowed me to onboard the plane without E60 fine phew!!!

Shush ! Talk like that could get someone sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

KoolKid wrote: »
    Shush ! Talk like that could get someone sacked.

I was very lucky not to get fined. A rare one i guess. I have flown Ryanair quite a few times but i have stopped booking with them. They treated us like a cattle and their attitude were bloody awful.

So i have switched to other airlines which was a bit more than Ryanair in terms of price.However i was quite happy with their customer service and awareness with regards to disability etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Same with them as well - never seen the point in getting it. Esp if there's a bus at the terminal to the plane, they can't go til they're full anyway

Book a seat.

bigjoe wrote: »
    Book a seat.

If you do this and don't go through priority boarding as you are late as I once was, it wrecks their heads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Stheno wrote: »
    If you do this and don't go through priority boarding as you are late as I once was, it wrecks their heads :)
    That almost makes it worth the money.

That almost makes it worth the money.

Yes, what happens is they don't seem to note that you've boarded, so then they check the passenger lists and come on board to find the "missing" person, as they've one list for priority and one for non priority

The only issue is the fact that they all speak Ryanair English rather than normal English, and they pronounce the name backwards surname first.

Took a good five minutes for me to realise my name was the one they were calling, and my fellow passengers beside me actuallly congratulated me on figuring it out think of e.g. Peter Smith being pronounced Smizz Ter

Plus you don't have the manic rush to the gate as you know your seat is booked :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bigjoe wrote: »
    Book a seat.

For what?

For what?

To sit on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

To sit on.

I don't need to book a seat for that :p
    Especially pointless when traveling alone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BALLHOPPER

Answer to gerrymadden1. I understand where you are coming from with ryanair as I have witnessed their antics in the past. They should be used only in emergency travel,personally if o leary was standing on O Connell Bridge giving away flight tickets for nothing I wouldnt take one, my motto would be use them as a last resort,or leave them to people who cannot afford to travel with a proper airline

How do you define proper airline.
    Safety record , size, number of passengers carried,,age of aircraft, number of routes, turnover, profits???
    None of these obviously come under you criteria.

Hmm ... never had to get a bus in Dublin Airport before :confused:

It happens in the Termnal 1 in the old terminal part. Not the long walk. The plane doesn't come in there - at least not the ones I take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

People who cannot spell their own name should not be going abroad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

BALLHOPPER wrote: »
    a proper airline

Please name them, how do you define them?

I'd say he is ball hopping i.e. trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BALLHOPPER

I have flown with many different airlines,and in all Continents since the late 1950s,and I am positive that Ryan AIR is not a proper,and passenger friendly airline, profitable airline maybe, but remember PROFIT IS CREATED BY THOSE WHO SPECULATE ON THE WORKING MASSES. Very easy for chief executive of RA to have RACE HORSES and a Ranch in West Meath when the employees in the profitable airline he manages are not allowed join a trade union and do not have trade union rates of pay and trade union working conditions.Priority boarding on RA is the equivelant of an Olympic sprint.Proper airlines dont operate in this manner ie pay for priority boarding and then sprint from the boarding gate to try and get a seat.

I have flown with many different airlines,and in all Continents since the late 1950s,and I am positive that Ryan AIR is not a proper,and passenger friendly airline, profitable airline maybe, but remember PROFIT IS CREATED BY THOSE WHO SPECULATE ON THE WORKING MASSES. Very easy for chief executive of RA to have RACE HORSES and a Ranch in West Meath when the employees in the profitable airline he manages are not allowed join a trade union and do not have trade union rates of pay and trade union working conditions.Priority boarding on RA is the equivelant of an Olympic sprint.Proper airlines dont operate in this manner ie pay for priority boarding and then sprint from the boarding gate to try and get a seat.

Cheap flights is pretty passenger friendly.

• Advertisement

Priority boarding is certinaly not an Olympic sprint in my experience.

As for trade unions, as a private company Ryanair don't have to engage with them, their staff are free to join a trade union, but Ryanair don't recognise it.

There is a difference.

Advertisement