Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hmm. Getting to the end of hell Act I, I was starting to struggle a little but Act II is kicking my arse up and down the place.

Health is 22k. Dps 4k. Level 55.
    Really not sure about my passives. Should I go wholeheartedly with defence skills and respec all my gear for health, armour, blocking, dodging, life steal, life regen? Is it necessary this early?

I'm loath to spend much for sub level 60 gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    Hmm. Getting to the end of hell Act I, I was starting to struggle a little but Act II is kicking my arse up and down the place.

Really not sure about my passives. Should I go wholeheartedly with defence skills and respec all my gear for health, armour, blocking, dodging, life steal, life regen? Is it necessary this early?

I can't speak from barb experience first hand but as a Monk and watching a friend level one, firstly a shield is essential.

Try get your Armour nice and high, some resists will help and make sure you are using your shout that increases both. You will need to go exclusively defensive abilities. Your DPS will be low and it's slow going but you shouldn't ever die with the right set-up but it can be tedious playing melee when you don't have the right gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I got my barb to 60 the other day. Buying some cheap gear will go a long way, besides some some of the best gear you can find is level 50+.

Maybe a shield + fast 1 hander with a socket and put in a decent purple gem. You don't really need to worry about resists or anything until inferno i found. I didn't even use a defensive spec, besides ignore pain, everything else i used was pretty offensive... Cleave / Revenge + Furious Charge/ Earthquake/Berserker/Ignore Pain. Passives were Berserker Rage / Superstition / Bloodthrist.

Pretty much able to take out multiple packs of rares with cooldowns ready and ignore pain was all that was really needed for noob mobs. Furious charge was great for packs of weaker enemies as you could just keep casting it over again (With the rune that decreases cooldown with each enemy hit).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got my wizard to 60 and instantly jumped over to my Barbarian

Game hasnt got boring for me at all yet, even though I'm mostly playing by myself. Going to jump between Inferno progress and gearing wizard and levelling Barbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

does anyone know if they intend bringing PvP to Diablo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For anyone that uses IRC

#d3.ie

Not sure if many people sitll use it but I still rock the old gal !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Game is a tad boring at the moment. I got my Wiz to lvl 60 and just start the 1st act in INFERNO and switch to Barb for the laugh. Got that to lvl 35 and on NM, now I am on DH lvl 33 and on NM too.

Think I will play on NM with my 2 lesser chars then get butt fooked on inferno for lack of knowledge rather then lack of skill. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

TheGunns wrote: »
    does anyone know if they intend bringing PvP to Diablo?

there are plans for pvp arenas but i doubt you'll see them for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just got to act 4 inferno! Diablo I'm come for you! :-) act 3 was so much easier than act 2, none of those jumping/underground/invisible mobs in act 3, even azamodan was a piece of piss compared to behial

Killed Diablo last night, got through Act4 with a Wizard friend. Was putting it off too long farming Act3. Just in time as i'm away for a week tomorrow. I think i'll leave my Monk for now and concentrate on my DH and get him geared when I get back as i'm kinda sick of that very defensive style of play!!

Felt good to finish Inferno, it's been a frustrating but enjoyable experience ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

my stats were about that for most of hell. and i found a few spots hard going

dont be afraid to check out the ah you dont need to spend much to get good gear. i got a nice yellow sword for 4k that doubled my dps.
    just set the buyout price to what your ok with e.g 10k and use the level and stat filters to narrow down what you want. you might just find a bargain

Edit: anyone know when the patch is due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Baneblade wrote: »

Edit: anyone know when the patch is due out?

Which part of the game are they finishing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The least important bits obviously :D

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I keep seeing more and more of these type of comments, here and elsewhere. Have you never played an online mmo/rpg before? This type of game is never "finished", it needs constant bug fixes, item and class fixes for balance reasons, performance improvements, content changes etc.

It's an online game that relies heavily on the dev team to remain active and fix issues which arise from the massive amounts of people playing it and to address demands which again can become apparent from continuous play.

I'm honestly bemused how people cannot understand the concept of patching and why it's needed.

And before someone says it, D3 is not a single player game. Just because you can play it solo doesn't mean it's a single player game and also yes Diablo2 was continuously patched, right up until before D3 was released...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So are the rumours of gold hacks and duping true?

Had a look at the AH earlier and items seem to be a bit overpriced now...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So are the rumours of gold hacks and duping true?

Had a look at the AH earlier and items seem to be a bit overpriced now...:/

Maybe they were just underpriced before.

I've still got pretty good bargains. You can find a few legendaries as well and sell them for tidy profits. Bought a legendary lvl 50 war hammer for about 1200 and sold it for about 8000.

If you need a particular item search for a few key stats in a few combinations and look for ones that start with a low bidding price. There'll be the odd one and you can easily get 10-20 bids at a time. You can be priced out of most of them but easily get 1 or 2 and sell any extra ones for a profit.

Maybe they were just underpriced before.

I've still got pretty good bargains. You can find a few legendaries as well and sell them for tidy profits. Bought a legendary lvl 50 war hammer for about 1200 and sold it for about 8000.

If you need a particular item search for a few key stats in a few combinations and look for ones that start with a low bidding price. There'll be the odd one and you can easily get 10-20 bids at a time. You can be priced out of most of them but easily get 1 or 2 and sell any extra ones for a profit.

What I meant was that when I searched for an item there was a load of items priced over 100m, Which I found odd:P

Game is unplayable for me:(

y5kCM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Big Knox wrote: »
    I keep seeing more and more of these type of comments, here and elsewhere. Have you never played an online mmo/rpg before?

It's an online game ...

And before someone says it, D3 is not a single player game. Just because you can play it solo doesn't mean it's a single player game...

Did you just start gaming on a PC yesterday or are you just a Mac user?

D3 is NOT an MMO. Stop saying it is please, please stop. At least admit you game on a Mac so I don't despair too much :(

It's a single player game with an online DRM system (battle.net), a shared auction house across it's playerbase and the ability to set up very small (almost co-op like) groups only if you want them.

That is NOT an MMO !

It's still a bloody good game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

oxo_ wrote: »
    Big Knox wrote: »
    I keep seeing more and more of these type of comments, here and elsewhere. Have you never played an online mmo/rpg before?

It's an online game ...

And before someone says it, D3 is not a single player game. Just because you can play it solo doesn't mean it's a single player game...

D3 is NOT an MMO. Stop saying it is please, please stop. At least admit you game on a Mac so I don't despair too much :(

It's a single player game with an online DRM system (battle.net), a shared auction house across it's playerbase and the ability to set up very small (almost co-op like) groups only if you want them.

That is NOT an MMO !

what has gaming on a mac got anything to do with it?

Macs are for noobs... thats my guess anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

hah, real money auction house supposed to open today - 13/06/2012

Today? "The expected availability is 15/06/2012"

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Wossack wrote: »
    hah, real money auction house supposed to open today - 13/06/2012

Today? "The expected availability is 15/06/2012"

Been going like that for ages now, was meant to be out like 3 weeks ago iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

The "Real Money" AH confuses the hell out of me - if the "point" of playing D3 is to acquire the best gear how the hell does buying it make any sense in terms of a game?

It's like paying €60 for a FPS then paying extra for it to be over.

Getting to 60 ain't all that hard - anything you "buy" on that journey is pretty pointless - then at 60 if you buy a great set of gear what's left to actually do? Rerun Act 4 inferno ad infinitum to find gear that's not as good as the stuff you already bought?

pH wrote: »
    The "Real Money" AH confuses the hell out of me - if the "point" of playing D3 is to acquire the best gear how the hell does buying it make any sense in terms of a game?

It's like paying €60 for a FPS then paying extra for it to be over.

Getting to 60 ain't all that hard - anything you "buy" on that journey is pretty pointless - then at 60 if you buy a great set of gear what's left to actually do? Rerun Act 4 inferno ad infinitum to find gear that's not as good as the stuff you already bought?

Its just a way for them to make money, people WILL buy gear, infact theres videos with pretty average items selling for $10-$15. Im gonna put my best items for sale at a ridiculous price just to see if they do sell anyway !

But yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Activision/Blizzard are going to make so much money off this. It's actually f*cking ridiculous. Prices for items with in-game gold are going to absolutely skyrocket, and the only real way to get good items will be with real money.

Am I the only one with terrible latency?

It hasn't stayed below 200ms for more than 5 minutes since yesterday:/

oxo_ wrote: »

That is NOT an MMO !

Please show me where I said D3 is an MMO? I'm going to assume (alot of that going on) your entire post is because I used "MMO" as a reference point. D3 is based entirely online, it is not a single player game as much as you think it is. Pretty much everything including loot is based server side. My initial point was that patching is a necessity in a game like this much like an MMO but that seems to have gone straight over your head.

Also you'll have to explain to me, why you think having a mac would justify someone making the mistake of thinking Diablo is an MMO over a windows user?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Wossack wrote: »
    I would imagine its blizz's hope to bring both:

high attack speed (2x 1h) + on hit effects (life on hit)
    &
    high damage (2h) + % damage effects (vamp)

into some sort of alignment, so that 2hr's get a bit more use perhaps..?
    Magill wrote: »
    Its just a way for them to make money, people WILL buy gear, infact theres videos with pretty average items selling for $10-$15. Im gonna put my best items for sale at a ridiculous price just to see if they do sell anyway !

But yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.
    Afaik you have to pay to even list an item to discourage people putting loads of crap on the real money AH or really high prices. Ign have a decent FAQ on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Kiith wrote: »
    Activision/Blizzard are going to make so much money off this. It's actually f*cking ridiculous. Prices for items with in-game gold are going to absolutely skyrocket, and the only real way to get good items will be with real money.

Thats the reason it exists, also the reason the game exists - to make money

Obviously after any stand-alone game initially sells then there is a huge drop in revenue. They could release DLC, expansions etc, but the Auction House appears to be Blizzard testing new ground in gaining revenue.

If you want the very ultimate best gear in the game you currently have to pay millions upon millions for it - e.g; 40 million - so far, after 90 something hours in the game I have collected 2 million. So I can either farm for another 1800 hours of my life or I can now have the option of buying the damn thing (if I want it that bad)

It's market driven so I really don't see any problem with this.

I will be very itnerested to see if an experiment of this scale actually works, I will also experiment myself with buying low and selling high to see if I can make some cash trading items (just dabbling)

The only contentious issue really are minors or kids playing the game (or students) getting smack addicted and raiding their parents credit cards to buy the sword of a thousand truths for a few hundred euros.

In Magic the Gathering card game, you need cash to buy the tools of the trade - pretty much will be the same here, BUT you have the option to do it the hard/fun way or the easy way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭BKtje

D3 is based entirely online, it is not a single player game as much as you think it is.

While D3 is entirely online, that doesn't make it a multiplayer player game necessarily.

Advertisement