Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well i've added this to the Christmas amazon wish list now after reading some of the reviews and feedback here (it'll be joining Far Cry 4, TLOU Remastered and Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KarimT

So basically, you have not yet played it yourself if I understand correctly?

KarimT wrote: »
    So basically, you have not yet played it yourself if I understand correctly?

Not at all, but I do like a lot of Blizzards stuff and I liked the likes of Gaunlet and Loaded back in the day, and I like RPG elements and loot and I like local couch co-op....

Maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is it worth the €20-30 it costs now? Absolutely.

Was it a very good game on release? No, not really. Has it changed a lot and is now almost a different game? Loot-wise, yeah. Gameplay is still standard Diablo-fare. Click on **** until it dies. If you like that, you'll like this.

Dave, from the standpoint of someone who obviously played both D2 and D3, how would you comment on the fact they tried to introduce real money into the gameplay. Does this force a lot of people into mindless endless grinds in hopes of tiny chance drops? Not like this did not happen before as well but its now powered by greed.

Personally, I don't feel too good about it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, that's gone now, so it doesn't really matter anymore. I never used it in the first place.

There's no auction house at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

@KarimT

I would say its an ARPG with the main element of gameplay being Action. The RPG elements are really just customization of your character through gear and skills based on a class system. Story is uninspiring but suffices imo and the attraction of the game is getting gear and leveling to access the end game content. There is added depth with a crafting and enchanting system. Also a lot of end game content there once you have finished the campaign mode.

I would say it does not feel grindy at all to me,considering leveling and gear are such a big part of the game i think its quite well balanced at the moment imo. There either seems to be a level up unlocking a new skill or a new legendary just at the right time to keep it interesting and fun.

This is the opinion of someone who has put about 50hrs into the game with my highest lvl character being 63 and knew exactly what i was getting when i bought it. And have to say im really enjoying it

The main attraction for me is the multiplayer,weather that be local co op or online with a friend or two,do you have any friends that are interested or are you willing to join a boards group/clan? IMO the game really shines in multiplayer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Plugged another few hours into this last night, have my wizard up to level 30/31 and his power is awesome. Finally started to pick up some decent armour and weapons.

Can anyone tell me though, the little imp type thing with the big bag of loot that he carries around. What is he, I seen something about him able to conjure some kind of portal???

Thanks a lot guys, I might just give it a try. Been considering Sacred 3 as well but they give it a really poor score..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If you enjoyed D2, you'll get your money's worth out of D3 and RoS - you might get a decent deal on g2play too. Or even blizzard themselves were doing a 50% off deal recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Plugged another few hours into this last night, have my wizard up to level 30/31 and his power is awesome. Finally started to pick up some decent armour and weapons.

Can anyone tell me though, the little imp type thing with the big bag of loot that he carries around. What is he, I seen something about him able to conjure some kind of portal???

That is a Treasure Goblin. Kill them and they drop a fair amount of gold and some weapons. There is a small chance that, on death, they spawn a portal to Greed's Lair, where you can get A LOT of gold.

As an aside, Treasure Goblins are a good indication of whether the difficulty level you are on is ideal for you. If you can kill them, bingo, try up a level. If you can't, bongo, try down a level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That is a Treasure Goblin. Kill them and they drop a fair amount of gold and some weapons. There is a small chance that, on death, they spawn a portal to Greed's Lair, where you can get A LOT of gold.

As an aside, Treasure Goblins are a good indication of whether the difficulty level you are on is ideal for you. If you can kill them, bingo, try up a level. If you can't, bongo, try down a level.

Yeah im murdering everything at the moment on Hard, im at the very start of ACT 2 and level 30 odd, so I should be upping the difficulty now?

Yeah im murdering everything at the moment on Hard, im at the very start of ACT 2 and level 30 odd, so I should be upping the difficulty now?

Yeah, take it up to Expert and see how you get on. If your on a softcore char then you have nothing to loose by trying, just a bit of gold for repairs. If your finding Expert easy enough, up it to Master. Wizards are great (my main :D)

Yeah, take it up to Expert and see how you get on. If your on a softcore char then you have nothing to loose by trying, just a bit of gold for repairs. If your finding Expert easy enough, up it to Master. Wizards are great (my main :D)

Grand, ill have to sort that out later on so :)

One last question, if I buy this on the PC can I use the same save file between my PC game and my PS4 game?

Grand, ill have to sort that out later on so :)

One last question, if I buy this on the PC can I use the same save file between my PC game and my PS4 game?

'Fraid not. They are completely seperate. I have both myself, PC being the main (It's also the definitive version), I haven't touched the PS4 version in a while, hooked on Destiny.

My birthday is approaching in 2 weeks, my sis said she'd get me a PS4 game.
    Which should I go for:

Shadow of Mordor (I like Batman games and LOTR)
    Alien Isolation (never played an Alien game)
    TLOU Remaster (never played original, I liked new Tomb Raider and Uncharted Series)
    Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition (I like couch co-op and BL2)

(I'll already definitely be getting Far Cry 4 as i have a €5 pre-order against it)

Sorry for repeat posts in each thread, I didn't want to create a decicated thread for something so small

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you looking for Couch Co-op game then there is no better game then diablo 3. Its just plain awesome when it comes to that.

I would say ask her to get you Diablo 3 and pick up Tlou yourself for around 35eu second hand in gamestop. It will be more then enough for now. The other two will drop in price soon enough.

If you looking for Couch Co-op game then there is no better game then diablo 3. Its just plain awesome when it comes to that.

I would say ask her to get you Diablo 3 and pick up Tlou yourself for around 35eu second hand in gamestop. It will be more then enough for now. The other two will drop in price soon enough.

Or he could get TLOU for less than €25 from the bargains thread :D

Or he could get TLOU for less than €25 from the bargains thread :D

Eh? Is it something to do with american account?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Finally got all the basic pieces required for my barb build to start working so I can begin moving up torment's the game really just open's up once you hit 70

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Just a quick question(and probably a stupid one :) )about crafting but is the idea,say I have the plans for armour,I just keep crafting till I get that armour with decent stats?

Have a level 70 barb,soloing torment 1 but keep getting slaughtered on torment 2.Im trying to get my crit hit chance and crit damage as high as possible.Is there any decent sets for this?

Just a quick question(and probably a stupid one :) )about crafting but is the idea,say I have the plans for armour,I just keep crafting till I get that armour with decent stats?

Have a level 70 barb,soloing torment 1 but keep getting slaughtered on torment 2.Im trying to get my crit hit chance and crit damage as high as possible.Is there any decent sets for this?

In a way yes. You craft until you get all decent stats you need and if all stats are good, but one, then just keep it and reroll that one stat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

and its the enchanter that lets you change 1 stat?Think i went to use her but wasnt sure what i was at tbh so backed off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Eh? Is it something to do with american account?

It's on sale till today as part of the Sony 12 days of Christmas sale.

It's on sale till today as part of the Sony 12 days of Christmas sale.

How much is it? I might pick it up if its cheap enough... For the third time...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

saw it on black friday for 45 but dunno what it is since then

How much is it? I might pick it up if its cheap enough... For the third time...

TLOU is down to €24.99 +10% off to plus members. Great deal for anyone that hasn't got it.

Speaking of deals, it was the PSN Black Friday deal that made me pick this game up and I'm loving it. Never played a dungon crawler before or into hack and slash type games but there is something about this. It has that Borderlands addiction to it for me with the stats and loot.

TLOU is down to €24.99 +10% off to plus members. Great deal for anyone that hasn't got it.

Speaking of deals, it was the PSN Black Friday deal that made me pick this game up and I'm loving it. Never played a dungon crawler before or into hack and slash type games but there is something about this. It has that Borderlands addiction to it for me with the stats and loot.

Not to be anal lol, but borderlands borrowed the diablo model for the fps, not the other way around. :)
    Diablo is a lot of fun, it works great on consoles too. I played a lot on pc and then I got it on ps3 a while ago and it was super fun. I will pick it up for xbox one or ps4 when it's cheap.

Not to be anal lol, but borderlands borrowed the diablo model for the fps, not the other way around. :)

Very true but it's all I have to compare to. Can't believe I missed out on Diablo 2 on PC years ago. I was mainly a PC gamer between 1999 and 2005.

• Advertisement

Very true but it's all I have to compare to. Can't believe I missed out on Diablo 2 on PC years ago. I was mainly a PC gamer between 1999 and 2005.

Being a PC gamer and not Playing Diablo 2. :eek: Hows does your breed even called?!

Advertisement