Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Get yourself an eternal union ring,increases duration of phalanx avatars by 200% stick a socket itn it and socket the enforcer legendary gem into it for even more pet damage increase.

As awesome as that combo is nothing comes close to the condemn build with the condemn shield and sword no CD but costs wrath, add some wrath generating skills and you simply melt packs
    Im soloing T6 with ease using this build.

I did got it, I got both shield and ring in same run.

I did not got any legendary stones yet outside of the gold one. I did got that yoke to make sockets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finally got my seasonal Witch Doctor over the level 70 line. She's doing a serious amount of damage (compared to my other fully set or legendaried chars) for someone with only rare gear. I can't wait to get her geared up to see what kind of punishment she can dish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hellocome

I got Season 1, DH world 9th, EU 4th DH.

Greater Rift 42

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hellocome wrote: »
    I got Season 1, DH world 9th, EU 4th DH.

Greater Rift 42

nice one dude, now do it on hardcore! :D hah, seriously though that's awesome, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finally hit level 70. Just went back into the game to do a few Bounties while Destiny was offline.

• Advertisement

Anyone else unable to log in today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone else unable to log in today?

Theres a problem with the authentication servers for Battle.net

Rest in charred electrified lumps 'notmyday' :(

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2afa3nm.jpg

que sad musics

She did? :( RIP.

yeah, i stretched myself a bit doing a 35 grift, got caught between walls, jailed, thunderstormed, procced awareness, and then immediately got fried by electrified lol

the damage all of those do on 35 is unbelievably high, the gas thing is, i would have made easily if i wasnt rushing to beat the 15 minute timer for a place on the hc leaderboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Rest in charred electrified lumps 'notmyday' :(

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2afa3nm.jpg

que sad musics

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I have never played Diablo 3 before until tonight, started it in co-op with a friend on the Xbox 360.

A decent game. Lots of stuff to collect and upgrade with. Not sure what level I am on, level 13 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Okay im about to hit lvl70 on my first character, a Barb, and im looking for guides on how to approach post lvl70 content?

Basically what should I be concentrating on? Bounties or Rifts? What gear should i be focusing on and where do I grind for it? What builds are currently the best ones so I start getting working on how to play them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Where would the cheapest place to buy this on PC be? Are there any differences between the playstation 4 and PC versions? I don't want to fork out massive cash for a PS4 version if there is no difference.

Where would the cheapest place to buy this on PC be? Are there any differences between the playstation 4 and PC versions? I don't want to fork out massive cash for a PS4 version if there is no difference.

22eu+19eu for PC version

https://www.g2a.com/

41£, which will be around 50eu with irish vat and ****y exchange included

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diablo-III-Reaper-Ultimate-Edition/dp/B00KAPFOG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411904429&sr=8-1&keywords=diablo+3

Not much between two version. Both console and PC versions are a lot of fun and work perfect with both control methods.

one major difference is the multiplayer on consoles sharing the same screen area, whilst on PC you can run off on your own and come back without it interfering with other's gameplay or tugging their screen back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

one major difference is the multiplayer on consoles sharing the same screen area, whilst on PC you can run off on your own and come back without it interfering with other's gameplay or tugging their screen back and forth.

Which is how it works online on the console ( each player has their own console and their own screen), and it's only shared when 2-4 people are using the same console and screen locally.

thought it was that even online for consoles no?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

VinLieger wrote: »
    Okay im about to hit lvl70 on my first character, a Barb, and im looking for guides on how to approach post lvl70 content?

Basically what should I be concentrating on? Bounties or Rifts? What gear should i be focusing on and where do I grind for it? What builds are currently the best ones so I start getting working on how to play them?

If you haven't bumped difficulty to Torment I, I recommend it when you get to 70. I found getting from 66 to 70 on Master to be a total grind and took a stupid amount of time. Now that I've increased difficulty, I'm on Paragon 16 (i.e. another 16 levels) after about 7 hours play this weekend and I'm enjoying the game a lot more - levelling up is much quicker and I'm finding better gear with more frequency.

My question (related) is when should I increase Torment level? I'm on T1 and it's pretty comfortable at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

thought it was that even online for consoles no?

You can do share screen online if say you had 2 people playing on 1 console and another 2 on another console both playing online with each other. In this case the people playing with each other locally would be sharing a screen and need to stick together but the 2 groups could go off on their own.

But normally you've got 4 people with their own screen going off to whatever act they want each with a separate system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

why couldnt i buy reaper of souls as just an addon? its a bit of a kick in the ass considering the price of vanilla on the xbox live was ridiculous so ive spent 100 euro on one god damn game.

why couldnt i buy reaper of souls as just an addon? its a bit of a kick in the ass considering the price of vanilla on the xbox live was ridiculous so ive spent 100 euro on one god damn game.

If it's any consolation, I spent €100 on Rugby Challenge - and that was total ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

The 2.1 patch is live on ps4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just loading it up now,like how they show the patch notes. Nice touch

Looking at the notes legendary gems sound interesting,only getting to the point that im combining and getting decent gems now. Still havent even touched on crafting. So much to do in this game,really enjoying it.

Co op,local or online,is particularly stand out for me.

Kind of makes me think Torchlight 1 or 2 would be a great port for consoles as well,think Runic could do worse than port it over.

So many good arpg's around these days with path of exile as well,good time to be a fan of the genre imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally bought this last night. Played an hour or two of single player so im only a couple of quests in and level 18 already. Have to say im liking it :D

EoinHef wrote: »

Looking at the notes legendary gems sound interesting,only getting to the point that im combining and getting decent gems now. Still havent even touched on crafting. So much to do in this game,really enjoying it.

Kind of makes me think Torchlight 1 or 2 would be a great port for consoles as well,think Runic could do worse than port it over.

So many good arpg's around these days with path of exile as well,good time to be a fan of the genre imo

Glad they haven't abandoned the console version after it released. Can't remember what paragon level I'm on as it's been a couple of weeks. Must get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EoinHef wrote: »

Torchlight is on consoles but played it and forgot about it to be honest. Didn't grab me in the same way diablo did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

calex71 wrote: »
    Torchlight is on consoles but played it and forgot about it to be honest. Didn't grab me in the same way diablo did.

I actually forgot 1 was released on console,ive only ever played them on PC. I think 2 was much better for having multiplayer although i did enjoy 1.

Id agree Diablo is a deeper and more polished experience. One very smart move Runic made was with its pricing. I pre ordered and got TL 2 for €30. Diablo was a lot more expensive at the time.

If they could get it onto PSN,rather than a full release,for about €20-25 i know id buy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

POE is deeper than any of them and its free.
    I really enjoy all three but play D3 most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 KarimT

I did make an effort to read a lot of comments made and still struggle to decide for myself whether the game is really worth it. Absent real money making opportunities, does it even remotely compare to D2 for what D2 was back in the day?

I really enjoyed D2 and was strongly considering purchasing D3 as soon as it was announced, however looking through gameplay and promo videos, it seems to fail to impress.

Maybe thorough actual playing, one could get a better feel and so I wanted to ask if you would recommend it or not.

The first 5 of you who reply will matter the most because the rest may be slanted.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement