Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

is there any way to see how much total time that you have put into the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

mmmcake wrote: »
    is there any way to see how much total time that you have put into the game?

The PC version has total time played on each character. Not the actual total & i'm happy with that tbh, those numbers would depress me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The PC version has total time played on each character. Not the actual total & i'm happy with that tbh, those numbers would depress me haha

I just looked at my profile.. and then at your's.

I'm pretty sure I've played about 8 times more than you...

Now im depressed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wish Diablo would take a page from Destiny and swap the controls around for remote play, having the R2 on the rear touch is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Varik wrote: »
    Wish Diablo would take a page from Destiny and swap the controls around for remote play, having the R2 on the rear touch is a pain.

Yeh can be a hassle with most games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is this lagging on ps4 for anybody else ?

CptMackey wrote: »
    Is this lagging on ps4 for anybody else ?

yep, it was grand before this weekend.

Yeh I was lagging pretty badly in everyone else's game today so I decided to try hardcore solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, do same season characters share stash and crafting between themselves? Or season characters are completely on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Guys, do same season characters share stash and crafting between themselves? Or season characters are completely on their own?

Season characters have a shared stash and paragon levels. Same with the crafters

• Advertisement

How do key wardens work, I've been farming them on T2 (all I can manage with some randomers in the quick find) and I've gotten multiple drops of all but the Evil key. Is there some weird limit as when I do find a group it's usually done in order so I've 2-3 keys each time I get onto the last boss.

Also anyone on PS4 want to do the keywardens and portals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Varik wrote: »
    How do key wardens work, I've been farming them on T2 (all I can manage with some randomers in the quick find) and I've gotten multiple drops of all but the Evil key. Is there some weird limit as when I do find a group it's usually done in order so I've 2-3 keys each time I get onto the last boss.

Also anyone on PS4 want to do the keywardens and portals.

Keywardens are random, one in each act - and the keys only drop in Torment difficulty, 25% @ T1 - 50% @ T6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yay level 70 hardcore :pac: Now to kill him !!!!!

Just witnessed my first hardcore death, in a rift at level 62. I couldn't stop laughing even though it was heartbreaking for the guy, we weren't even under any pressure from mobs, he just decided to stay around too long after killing a molten mob :L

Gandalph wrote: »
    Just witnessed my first hardcore death, in a rift at level 62. I couldn't stop laughing even though it was heartbreaking for the guy, we weren't even under any pressure from mobs, he just decided to stay around too long after killing a molten mob :L

Meh - only 5 hours worth of gametime down the drain, nothing to cry over! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I'm at the last boss of Act V at the moment. I'm having a real hard time with it. My weapons don't seem to be doing any damage and I'm dying after a hit or two.

I think I'm going to have to open the game to the public so I can get someone to join the fight and help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I'm at the last boss of Act V at the moment. I'm having a real hard time with it. My weapons don't seem to be doing any damage and I'm dying after a hit or two.

I think I'm going to have to open the game to the public so I can get someone to join the fight and help me out.

Lower difficulty m8. Last boss really spikes up in difficulty in leveling stage.

Lower difficulty m8. Last boss really spikes up in difficulty in leveling stage.

I tried that, dropping it down one level. It won't let me drop it any further unfortunately.

EDIT

Just started again and it let me drop the difficulty again. Might work this time.

Just beat Act V. Happy now with Destiny arriving shortly.

How do you join a random online session of Diablo 3 on the PS4? I don't see that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

managed to fill out the rest of the marauders set and place in the top 1000 for gRifts on hardcore :) that sentry setbonus is hilariously overpowered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

managed to fill out the rest of the marauders set and place in the top 1000 for gRifts on hardcore :) that sentry setbonus is hilariously overpowered

Even better when you use the Bombardiers Rucksack with it, I'm still grinding shards trying to get it :(

Even better when you use the Bombardiers Rucksack with it, I'm still grinding shards trying to get it :(

got a whopper of one before i completed the set, same with tasker and theo :)

I've been using it but the M6 for me seems to suck, I use a strafe build so set my second hatred to rapid fire for the sentries but they don't seem to use it. I'm on ps4 and I don't think they have updated the set bonus yet, I heard somewhere they buffed it in 2.1.

try using the ballistics passive and cull the weak with cold cluster rockets, elemental arrow with cold and multishot with arsenal, spitfire sentries and companions, and big 2h crossbow, the sentries do all the work and you dont need a generator at all

it's not specifically a cold build as the rockets do all the damage but it does give a big 20% damage boost after the sentires fire off a frozen arrow. works really well, ye just need a bucketload of toughness to stay alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got D3 and ROS on the PC a few weeks ago and ploughed through the main game (and Act V) without any difficulty. I don't think I ever used a health potion, and I never died.

Started over last night on Master and it's still pretty easy, but at least I've seen my health down at about 50% a few times (before it regenerates). I'll bump it up to Torment once I hit level 60 (I'm level 51 Crusader now). I'm enjoying it more now that it's a bit more challenging.

Mr E wrote: »
    Got D3 and ROS on the PC a few weeks ago and ploughed through the main game (and Act V) without any difficulty. I don't think I ever used a health potion, and I never died.

Normal's pretty much just an introductory difficulty, it's care bear mode. (Speaking of which there are carebears in the game btw :p ).

People familiar with the game usually delve into it on Expert, for faster levelling... then jump to Master or Torment+ once they've acquired some gear - with Flawless Royal Rubies [+270 wep damage], it makes levelling trivial one shotting everything even at Torment 1.

Yeah I bumped it to hard pretty early - that's the highest I could go before finishing the game. Should I just jump into adventure mode now, or is there any benefit to doing the campaign again?

Yeah I bumped it to hard pretty early - that's the highest I could go before finishing the game. Should I just jump into adventure mode now, or is there any benefit to doing the campaign again?

Campaign's completely pointless once you've completed it. Unless you wanna farm certain unique mobs for their rare drops, such as key components towards portals to build towards Hellfire Amulet / Rings ["level 70" item, with no requirement, that pretty much gives you God mode] (Seriously, don't bother... takes an absolutely long time to accumulate all pieces... and you might get completely **** stats on the item after all that effort!!), or items to unlocking the 'secret' level (as I referenced earlier about carebears).

Adventure mode doing bounties, then doing Rifts for drops... and greater Rifts for upgrading legendary gems (50 ranks to legendary gems, the higher the level the lesser the chance becomes of successfully upgrading it --- higher level greater rifts raises this, but obviously they get MUCH harder the higher you go... I have incredibly difficulty at 26, and that only gave 60% chance on my gem, at rank 25).

Do adventure mode, it's easier and a crapload more xp for you, plus all the things you'll need for endgame like bloodshards and rift keys etc..

gear up and level in rifts after you get your bounties done, rifts have an increased % to drop legendary and set items too, be careful around the 60 mark as it's a crossover between the old and new gear and vastly different dps on weapons, bumping from 500-700 to 2k+ on the likes of 1h and even more on 2hand weapons

• Advertisement

Adventure mode it is, so. Thanks guys....

Advertisement