Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Pretty sure you can up the difficulty at any time even on your first playthrough and Torment 1-6 after you clear the game

Nope Expert is as high as you can go on a first time playthrough, you also can't do Adventure Mode until you finish the game at least once.

I've never played HC D3 before but said I'd give it a go on the ladder and because I've never played HC before I had to do a full play through and the max difficulty I could set was Expert which sucked and made for slow levelling.

Another decision from Blizzard which makes absolutely no sense. A ladder is meant to be a level playing field for everyone yet they punish players for never playing HC before...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Turns out you can increase it more. Not sure why it said I was only allow increase it once during a play-through.
    Much better now that it's on expert mode. Finally had to use a health potion to keep myself alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Why the f**k was I fighting unicorns and teddy bears in a rift today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Gandalph wrote: »

Haha I love that rare spawn. There is flowers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Ha! It's whimsyshire, if you assemble the staff of herding you can get to it.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Whimsyshire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Ha! It's whimsyshire, if you assemble the staff of herding you can get to it.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Whimsyshire

I think he means in a rift rather than in the whimsyshire level. I got the same into a rift with nothing but cute fluffy animals to kill, a little surreal when it first happens and you're not expecting it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I think he means in a rift rather than in the whimsyshire level. I got the same into a rift with nothing but cute fluffy animals to kill, a little surreal when it first happens and you're not expecting it.
    Aye it will randomly be a level in a rift. I've had it a few times now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

All the new guys to the game, remember: THE COW LEVEL IS A LIE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone found the last of us level on PlayStation, not seen it once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Its from a rainbow goblin added in 2.1

Its awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Really liking the Crusader, so far.

All this grinding for a hellfire ring and someone just ended up giving one to me before I could collect the last material needed...I don't even know what I'm feeling right now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

All this grinding for a hellfire ring and someone just ended up giving one to me before I could collect the last material needed...I don't even know what I'm feeling right now :/

Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Servers are lagging badly today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Servers are lagging badly today:(

No kidding... logged on... 1 minute later, "**** that" *quits, then starts up LoL*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's working okay for me

ahh, it's working fine in solo games, groups are unplayably laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

it's working okay for me

ahh, it's working fine in solo games, groups are unplayably laggy

Was unplayable in single game for me earlier.

Literally bought this yesterday and was really looking forward to a few hours of it tonight.:(

well, they are normally pretty good with their servers if that's any consolation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think Blizzard are the target for some ****e bags ddos attack at the moment. In other news i'm going to try my first hardcore character, will update when dead

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think Blizzard are the target for some ****e bags ddos attack at the moment. In other news i'm going to try my first hardcore character, will update when dead

Yeah something like this happened a few weeks back, but if you're going HC, just play solo and you'll be grand afaik

Going for a seasonal HC toon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is it always a struggle to manage your inventory?

I always seem to be hitting 60/60 and having to keep going back to a merchant to sell stuff. Even when I sell off everything I don't have equipped it it still at 38/60. I think there are materials taking up space. Should I just dump them or are they useful?

There are things like books to teach the blacksmith how to make things but I don't know how to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I leave all my gems and blacksmithing stuff in the stash, usually. Frees up a lot of space.

I always seem to be hitting 60/60 and having to keep going back to a merchant to sell stuff. Even when I sell off everything I don't have equipped it it still at 38/60. I think there are materials taking up space. Should I just dump them or are they useful?

There are things like books to teach the blacksmith how to make things but I don't know how to use them.

You will always have to get rid of items in your inventory as it always is with games centered on loot. When you get your blacksmith to level 12 you can break down all the items in your pack in a few clicks.

To teach the blacksmith the plans you have to use the items while you have the blacksmith UI open.

Materials are useful, yes. But keep them in your stash, not your inventory.

I go on a run with 1/60 items every time because I stash all the items I want to keep from the last run and the 1 item I keep is my bottomless potion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Towards the start of the game you pick up Blues and Yellows and about midway or less through leveling you're better off just picking up yellow only as blues wont be an upgrade. Salvage everything that's not an upgrade. Gem's i dont even bother to pick up while leveling since they don't give much of an upgrade and once you hit 70 high level gems drop all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just to check early on there's not much point selling loot and i should just salvage everything correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

gold is so easy to farm once you get a few particular items.
    It's best to salvage what you don't need.

Would stacking magic find make a difference when opening caches? Doing my RRoG farming and it's not going so well, barely any legendaries even dropping out of them.

Would stacking magic find make a difference when opening caches? Doing my RRoG farming and it's not going so well, barely any legendaries even dropping out of them.

As far as I know magic find doesn't affect the drop frequency anymore. What it does is it gives you a better chance at higher stats on the item when you do get one. And even then it is fairly insignificant on legendary and set items as the results diminish the higher the item rarity is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

on ps4 just press right on the d-pad, it will open a portal back to what ever town is your base, sell or salvage the loot and then go back to the portal and be transported back to wherever you where .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Picked this up on PS4 during the week. Just finished ACT 2 and I'm playing on Hard after one or two people recommended ignoring Normal entirely. I've only had one gift drop so far, but mother of god this thing is addictive. I'm one of those people that has to explore every nook and cranny just in case I miss something so I'm spending at least 30-45 minutes on each area.

Advertisement