Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

4 hours and 30mins and im gonna call it a night. Got my HC Demon Hunter up to level 55, not to shabby. Someone else hit first EU HC level 70 when i was about level 50.

As im typing this a team of 4 killed Malthiel on T6. It was on SC though......lol SC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

4 hours and 30mins and im gonna call it a night. Got my HC Demon Hunter up to level 55, not to shabby. Someone else hit first EU HC level 70 when i was about level 50.

As im typing this a team of 4 killed Malthiel on T6. It was on SC though......lol SC :P

Going to start a HC char on the ladder tomorrow. Any tips for fast levelling? Haven't levelled a character since the original difficulties were in place!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Going to start a HC char on the ladder tomorrow. Any tips for fast levelling? Haven't levelled a character since the original difficulties were in place!

Group of 4 for sure. We did it in adventure mode act 1 on hard for the first 2 runs then knocked it up to master till level 55. Upgrade you smithy and craft gear after each run, really helps with DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

What do the wings beside paragon levels signify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Group of 4 for sure. We did it in adventure mode act 1 on hard for the first 2 runs then knocked it up to master till level 55. Upgrade you smithy and craft gear after each run, really helps with DPS.

Do you not have to do a full clear of all acts before you can go into Adventure mode? Not at home so can't check at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Knox wrote: »
    Do you not have to do a full clear of all acts before you can go into Adventure mode? Not at home so can't check at the moment!

Looks like if you got already unlocked adventure mode, then you can do a it from level 1. Though I found that in first few levels its better to do campaign as its easier and you can get a good lash of XP from Q rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

The fastest way to level is to do the act 2 bounty A miners gold over and over again on torment 6. You don't need to kill any mobs and you will get a ton of experience. I don't recommend it though as it would be very boring!

Looks like if you got already unlocked adventure mode, then you can do a it from level 1. Though I found that in first few levels its better to do campaign as its easier and you can get a good lash of XP from Q rewards.

Funny you should mention that, we started our run when Kungen was on Skeleton King and by the time we finished at level 55 i checked Kungen's stream and he was on level 50 in Act 5, so it seems like our Act 1 bounty farm was faster. We where also on Master difficulty while Kungen was on Expert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Doing Adventure Mode, only on expert for now. So much cool loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm playing this on PS4 and I have to say I'm very impressed with the loading times. I know it is such a small thing but but it makes the game more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grayditch wrote: »
    Doing Adventure Mode, only on expert for now. So much cool loot.

Start the game on master, once you're in down to expert, then knock it up to torment before you complete a bounty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

calex71 wrote: »
    Start the game on master, once you're in down to expert, then knock it up to torment before you complete a bounty :pac:

Ohh, shneaky!

Lol, my level 10 WD died. First ever HC death in Diablo 3. :D

I need to play more, but I am now between Diablo 3 and WoW right now. God damn you Blizzard...

Hit Paragon 11 tonight with 260k DPS and 4mil Toughness. Legs just dropping all over the place and Kadala being super generous :pac: Amazing how easy it is to gear up now, not sure how i feel about it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lol, my level 10 WD died. First ever HC death in Diablo 3. :D

I need to play more, but I am now between Diablo 3 and WoW right now. God damn you Blizzard...

Playing with someone else there and he just died at 46 against Act V Boss.

Finding the modding to be getting out of hand as I move up the ranks, looking for a challenge in t6 but can't be expected with some guy running around with 700mil+ dmg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah, there are some serious problems with the console versions. Honestly I like the controls but there are so many things that make it much better on PC. The inability to dupe/mod items on PC for one and just the general UI is far better. I really don't like the Character screen UI and small thins ike only being able to look at friends gear if hes in your game.

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah, there are some serious problems with the console versions. Honestly I like the controls but there are so many things that make it much better on PC. The inability to dupe/mod items on PC for one and just the general UI is far better. I really don't like the Character screen UI and small thins ike only being able to look at friends gear if hes in your game.

They can fix dupping easily to a degree, and all the modded gear is coming from last gen imports.

The saves are ending up with Blizzard to import, they should get their act together and start screening items and banning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Varik wrote: »
    They can fix dupping easily to a degree, and all the modded gear is coming from last gen imports.

The saves are ending up with Blizzard to import, they should get their act together and start screening items and banning people.

Yeah... thats not something which is easily fixed at all..

Unfortunately the whole always online, server side based system that people complained about on PC is the reason its so much more secure. You would have to ban peoples PSN or XBL accounts to ban someone's account on the consoles.
    The damage has already been done really in that regard. Doesn't really effect me to much since i only really join public games when doing cache runs but it'll probably such when they add ladders and stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

having played the PC version since day 1, I bought the PS4 version and I am really liking it!. It looks better on the PS4 compared to my pc and the much bigger screen is a huge bonus. The only things im not so sure about is the UI, everything was really easy to find on the PC but much more awkward on console. A little thing thats annoying me as well is the font's used on the console version for conversation looks very plain and out of place, why did they not use the diablo font itself like on the PC version.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah... thats not something which is easily fixed at all..

Unfortunately the whole always online, server side based system that people complained about on PC is the reason its so much more secure. You would have to ban peoples PSN or XBL accounts to ban someone's account on the consoles.
    The damage has already been done really in that regard. Doesn't really effect me to much since i only really join public games when doing cache runs but it'll probably such when they add ladders and stuff.

For the dupping they can actually make the auto save work, so people can't just quit to the before it saves. Nothing to stop backing up saves but having it required a bit more work would help. Blizzard know the upper ranges that stats fall in, no reason they can't delete items/ ban players with 3 sockets and 1m+ damage on weapons and such. They's not even a system to report players.

Even when people aren't cheating, the save system sucks especially for bounties.

Can't see why they didn't go with a D2 setup and separate online and offline.

Devs can ban people from online, they don't need to get Sony/MS to ban accounts/systems.

Whats the name of the ring that reduces items required for set piece bonuses?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Whats the name of the ring that reduces items required for set piece bonuses?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ring-of-royal-grandeur-3qRFop

Christ, only from caches :(

Yeah,

I got it 3 or 4 times from act 1 caches. Useless to me in seasons now though as I will have to farm it all over again :P

Yeah,

I got it 3 or 4 times from act 1 caches. Useless to me in seasons now though as I will have to farm it all over again :P

Do you reckon its longer to grind than the hellfire ring? Will the difficulty of the bounties effect the drop chance or should I just cruise through t1 bounties?

Christ, only from caches :(

Its not that hard to do. I though it will be bad too. Problem is to get a good roll for your character. That might take some time.

Do you reckon its longer to grind than the hellfire ring? Will the difficulty of the bounties effect the drop chance or should I just cruise through t1 bounties?

Difficulty does not affect the caches at all going by online information so you could do it on normal if you wanted too!

The hellfire ring isn't too bad of a grind either.

The hellfire ring isn't too bad of a grind either.

Only need the heart of evil but the keywarden in the silverspire act 4 is refusing to drop his key, I must of done it 20+ times on t3 and he has dropped all the other keys except his exclusive one. At least he is an easy grind, not like that fellow in the Dalgur Oasis who can be a pain to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lost count of the number of machines of war I've blown through trying to get the last part for the ring even with magic find up :mad:

Advertisement