Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

lads anyone got a leveling build for my witch doctor?

I'm currently lv40 and first time playing one

this is current build - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WhYURT!bYd!bbaZZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Been at the game non stop since Tuesday last week and I must say I'm doing well for myself thus far. I have a Level 56 Barbarian (attached)

I also have a Level 46 DH and a Level 23 Crusader. Best game on PS4 for me at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been at the game non stop since Tuesday last week and I must say I'm doing well for myself thus far. I have a Level 56 Barbarian (attached)

I also have a Level 46 DH and a Level 23 Crusader. Best game on PS4 for me at the moment.

Using a shield on a barbarian :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Get rid of the shield and get two one handers with sockets and put green gems in them both for the extra critical hit damage. You also need to play on a higher difficulty if you are only level 56 playing non stop for almost a week. It only takes a night usually to get a character to level 70. Although without paragon levels and adventure mode unlocked it will take longer :P

Get rid of the shield and get two one handers with sockets and put green gems in them both for the extra critical hit damage. You also need to play on a higher difficulty if you are only level 56 playing non stop for almost a week. It only takes a night usually to get a character to level 70. Although without paragon levels and adventure mode unlocked it will take longer :P

This, early I was wasting top tier rubies in the weapons, emeralds are the way to go !!!! Use a ruby in a helmet for some extra XP to level up faster then ditch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »
    This, early I was wasting top tier rubies in the weapons, emeralds are the way to go !!!! Use a ruby in a helmet for some extra XP to level up faster then ditch it.

Top tier rubies are better early on if you've them already, you can just salvage the stuff as you go to get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally level 70 with my first carachter, the Monk.

Playing this way more than I ever did on PS3, that's probably down to Adventure Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I beat Act IV tonight and really enjoyed the game. But I can't be the only one who totally ignored the story, right? I was paying attention until halfway through Act II and then just started skipping every cutscene.

I think this might be the first game I've ever done that too. I actually started listening to podcasts while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I beat Act IV tonight and really enjoyed the game. But I can't be the only one who totally ignored the story, right? I was paying attention until halfway through Act II and then just started skipping every cutscene.

I think this might be the first game I've ever done that too. I actually started listening to podcasts while playing.

seems alot of people play this way
    if you watch a twitch stream
    most are listening to music
    their was one guy playing it blind who I follow and he was listening to music while playing it and skipped cut scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Emeralds are only decent if you have the crit chance to make them useful. When levelling rubies are better for your weapons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Varik wrote: »
    Top tier rubies are better early on if you've them already, you can just salvage the stuff as you go to get them back.

Can you just salvage the item and get the gem back? I've been removing them with the jeweller before salvaging, pretty expensive.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Can you just salvage the item and get the gem back? I've been removing them with the jeweller before salvaging, pretty expensive.

Yep, you get it back when you salvage the item :P

Ah ffs the millions I've wasted :(

giphy.gif?w=320

So. Much. Money...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Ah ffs the millions I've wasted :(

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    seems alot of people play this way
    if you watch a twitch stream
    most are listening to music
    their was one guy playing it blind who I follow and he was listening to music while playing it and skipped cut scenes

Most of the people on streams have already completed the game though, once you've seen all the cutscenes once you'll just skip them from then on. First time I played I watched all the cutscenes, mostly because they're awesome... the story is pants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Prob stupid question but here goes. Playing in ps4. Using a crusader. Where do you get gems / rubys and how to you out them on weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You'll start finding gems pretty soon (mainly flawed/chipped to start with). You'll also start finding socketed items - you can put jewels in anything with a socket yourself.

You rescue the gem guy in Act 3 I think.... you can do more with gems when you rescue him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Story is decent, it is after all a video game story so you can't really expect much. Made for a break between the combat which can get repetitive. Skipping the cut scenes on the other hand is doing yourself a great disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr E wrote: »
    You'll start finding gems pretty soon (mainly flawed/chipped to start with). You'll also start finding socketed items - you can put jewels in anything with a socket yourself.

You rescue the gem guy in Act 3 I think.... you can do more with gems when you rescue him.

If you join another person whose on a later act you get access to all the "artisans" when you go back to your game, they disappear when you get to the part where you'd normally meet them and get them properly then.

• Advertisement

Someone should start up a D3 trade thread, I'm too lazy.

Tried a rift on Torment 1 in Act 4. Got to 63%, then got laughed at. I think I need to read up more about how to get the best from my carachter, there's still so much I haven't copped on with this game.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Tried a rift on Torment 1 in Act 4. Got to 63%, then got laughed at. I think I need to read up more about how to get the best from my carachter, there's still so much I haven't copped on with this game.

What character are you playing? The greater rifts are pretty tame on t1 to start off. They start getting tough at around level 20. I think the highest someone has gotten in them is 36 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

What character are you playing? The greater rifts are pretty tame on t1 to start off. They start getting tough at around level 20. I think the highest someone has gotten in them is 36 right now.

Think hes playing on the PS4, so its standard rifts (Its a patch behind on PS4, no greater rifts etc) so probably much tougher than level 1 greater rift i'd imagine.

Magill wrote: »
    Think hes playing on the PS4, so its standard rifts (Its a patch behind on PS4, no greater rifts etc) so probably much tougher than level 1 greater rift i'd imagine.

Ohh woops I misread it :)

How do I link my characters from ps4? Tried logging into my battlenet account but I don't think its linked so can't find them on the armoury.

Playing the Monk coop with a Witch. Level both 70(12paragon) I seem to be doing ok on the Act 1 rift on Torment 1.

EDIT: on PS4, yeah sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Bought Diablo 3 for the PC last week. Been playing it a bit and I've really been enjoying it. I'm not taking it too serious, like I see some people do. Just not my style. I'm lvl 40, and just after finishing Act II. Playing as a Wizard first off.
    I'm really disappointed that I can't increase the difficulty anymore. I began on Normal, as I thought it would be difficult, as I've never played. Ended up going to hard by Lvl 10 or so. Finding myself blowing through enemies without even trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mister Man wrote: »
    Bought Diablo 3 for the PC last week. Been playing it a bit and I've really been enjoying it. I'm not taking it too serious, like I see some people do. Just not my style. I'm lvl 40, and just after finishing Act II. Playing as a Wizard first off.
    I'm really disappointed that I can't increase the difficulty anymore. I began on Normal, as I thought it would be difficult, as I've never played. Ended up going to hard by Lvl 10 or so. Finding myself blowing through enemies without even trying.

Pretty sure you can up the difficulty at any time even on your first playthrough and Torment 1-6 after you clear the game

• Advertisement

Mister Man wrote: »

Not sure what it's like on PC but on consoles you choose game settings from the starting screen, story mode, act, quest, difficulty. You can then move up and down one level in game.

Advertisement