Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The GAH and RMAH have now shutdown as of 5 minutes ago.
    People still have until 24th to collect their cash/items though if memory serves.

I think I got 1 item left in the gold AH for my Witch doctor (a 10k yellow bracer I got that's a upgrade). Over all I think I netted around 4 Mil on the gold AH in the last two weeks and that includes getting slot upgrades on my Wizard in most slots going from 50k to 120k damage :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I made about 7 million selling gems over the weekend,some sold instantly.
    Im now up to 40 million , i cant help the feeling its not enough for ROS baring in mind the enchanting is meant to be crazy expensive.

Speaking of ROS im about to preorder it from one of these http://www.dlcompare.com/games/buy-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-667

Ive bought games form many key stores, G2Play, green man gaming etc to name a few ,im hearing G2A are decent too, anyone use them? ROS is €28 with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought it from G2Play last week. Think it was €32 when i got it. Haven't gotten a key or anything yet, but i've used them enough times to be fairly confident of getting it well before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

AH Closed???

And there was much rejoicing

When is the expansion out?

Also is there any packages i can buy that that give added items in game or anything?

I havent looked into the D3 expansion purchase at all, and am in work now so most stuff blocked out :(

Any real point playing between now and ROS?
    With the xp bonus i got all my toons to 60 apart from WD always found WD to be boring to play.
    Legendaries will be obsolete from maybe lvl 65+?
    Apart from grinding gold or leveling alts is there any real point ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dcully wrote: »
    Any real point playing between now and ROS?
    With the xp bonus i got all my toons to 60 apart from WD always found WD to be boring to play.
    Legendaries will be obsolete from maybe lvl 65+?
    Apart from grinding gold or leveling alts is there any real point ?
    That's like saying..

'I've been to see every film in the Cinema 10 times, is there a point in me going again?'

:pac:

I got my Witch/Sorceress/Wizardesssese through to act 3 yeasterday. You can really just plough through Act 2 in no time. Might try beat those 'under 1 hour' achievements in nightmare. Found 2 legendaries which were obsolete in comparison to magic items i had.

I'm gonna get my Wizard to 60, and maybe a Barb or Monk started, but won't bother grinding anything with either. No point really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im planning in getting my DH to 60 today and then get my level 13 monk to 60 before RoS. Might do a wizard if iv time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What's the best strategy for making use of double XP? I was planning to work on getting my Paragon level up, then once the expansion hits and the Marquise gems start to fall I can load up low level characters with these gems and level them up much quicker. Also the higher paragon levels will give my low level players better attributes (or do the paragon effects only work once you get to level 60?)

Is my plan flawed?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Best thing to be doing now is gaining paragon levels.

It would be ideal to hit 200 as this will give you 50 points in each category.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What's the best strategy for making use of double XP? I was planning to work on getting my Paragon level up, then once the expansion hits and the Marquise gems start to fall I can load up low level characters with these gems and level them up much quicker. Also the higher paragon levels will give my low level players better attributes (or do the paragon effects only work once you get to level 60?)

Is my plan flawed?
    Paragon levels work from level 1 but some of them (i.e. life on hit, health regen etc.) are level limited while others (primary attribute, crit chance, resist) are not. I may still make another push on my monk to get it to 60 but I'm not sure if I will bother or not. I'm at 61 paragon level at the moment with two 60s.

I just followed Royal around on my WD to go from 35-60, didnt take long at all, less than an hour in total id say, id be happy to help people leveling characters for the final stretch before ROS.

Id prefer if your toon was already partially leveled and can access torment difficulty however, so then i can atleast farm at same time, but id be up for helping either way :D

nix wrote: »
    I just followed Royal around on my WD to go from 35-60, didnt take long at all, less than an hour in total id say, id be happy to help people leveling characters for the final stretch before ROS.

Id prefer if your toon was already partially leveled and can access torment difficulty however, so then i can atleast farm at same time, but id be up for helping either way :D

Can I get you're tag, I'll add you when I get home. I've a level 40 ish Wizard that I'd like to get to level 60. I can help you with a character in return if you like.

I'm loving loot 2.0 also. in a little over an hour last night I got a legendary item and two matching set pieces, I find act 3 to be the best, I was grinding Crypt of the Ancients but found the loot was pretty bad. The set pieces took my damage from 150K to 225K, and that's without any gems of note in my sockets.

It's a testament to how good the recent changes are that i'm playing this more than Dark Souls 2.

Never saw that coming.

Yeah ninja, thats no problem, ill post it later when i get home, i can never remember the numbers beside my handle, if you're in the boards community in D3 you should be able to add me though that..i think

Cool, like yourself I can never remember my tag numbers.

I couldn't get into the community, when I searched for it I wasn't getting any results, i must try again when I get home.

Yeah you may have to change the language part of the search to find it, theres an English that covers Americans and One that covers British

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS4 version is meant to be playable at PAX, haven't played this game since the beta; price, ah, taste, and then the announced console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Not found a single set piece playing from start to finish on hard, and now level 60 paragon 13 nearly finished act 1 again on expert.

Whats best to spend paragon points on for DH?

Personally I've gone on all classes primary stat + resist + crit chance + I can't remember the fourth one. My reasoning being that killing stuff faster is the over all goal and resist helps me survive those elite packs with nasty effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I saw a loot run recommended on the Diablo subreddit.

I can strongly recommend it too, after getting 3 legendaries in about 40 minutes.

You select the final part of the final quest from Act III (Kill Azmodan) and go through the section between the TP and Azmodan's "throne room".
    Rinse and repeat.

Edit: And 2 seconds into my latest run, I get Tal Rasha's belt!

Gbear wrote: »

I can strongly recommend it too, after getting 3 legendaries in about 40 minutes.

You select the final part of the final quest from Act III (Kill Azmodan) and go through the section between the TP and Azmodan's "throne room".
    Rinse and repeat.

Im doing it the last 10 days or so whenever ive been playing,cant say how good it is as ive only got 4 legendaries and 1 set piece despite 20+ hours farming there :(
    The legendaries i did get were 2 handed axes and swords with no wizard stats on them FFS.
    As much as im enjoying the game since lot 2.0 im sure fully sure its working as intended.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Whats best to spend paragon points on for DH?

I'm going with Dexterity, life on hit, crit damage and can't remember the fourth one.

I think the Crit hit chance is too low to be worth it atm, life on hit as I use rapid fire a lot.
    Gbear wrote: »

Rinse and repeat.

Edit: And 2 seconds into my latest run, I get Tal Rasha's belt!

Funnily enough that's where I got a set piece and a legendary item last night in the one run, I'll try just running that and see how it pays off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm doing the same on hard and softcore

+ dex, +crit hit damage, +life on hit, +all resists

dex and chd boost dps a lot, as opposed to just crit as it increases in really small increments compared to chd.

loh and ar add tonnes to toughness and healing, which are almost as vital as damage for torment on hardcore, hell even on soft you dont wanna get killed on every pack either

Fairly Epic launch trailer for ROS;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive put max movespeed in primary, as it allows me to use remove it from my gear so I can focus on skill bonuses etc on boots.
    then crit damage. It's a must. I've got 57% crit chance, so it pays off the most I think.

Then all res, as it's just awesome.

Then resource cost reduction.

Since I've filled all these, I'm now focusing on vit in primary, cooldown reduction, life % (This really packs a huge addition to EHP as vit rolls are large now) and finally area damage. Area damage is so amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Fecking hell that launch trailer is awesome!! Can't wait for this!

Pandemonium fortress, oh baby, back to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fairly Epic launch trailer for ROS;

That is freakin awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I hate the Zolton Kulle missions :S those stupid tunnels :|

Advertisement