Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

looks like reaper of souls will be ready for us to play on the 24th (tomorrow) at 11pm.

Also, they've changed the way the expansion will be implemented, instead of teh servers going down and everyone having conniption fits over error 30, the expansion will go live while the servers are up - a server message will be broadcast at 11pm to announce it, and you're advised to be already logged in by then so you can start act V.

About damn time they made some changes to the way they launch expansions. The WoW ones are always a mess, hopefully this works out better :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I might just level my crusader before playing act V.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got an email from G2Play last night saying they will be sending the keys out tomorrow, and that we can still get the pre-order bonus as long as we register by the 31st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm rolling crusader on Monday night. Going to see how him and kormac get on. GLORIOUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Hate when a mob stops me from killing the treasure bandit in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I hope Ill get my Key tomorrow too. wont be playing until Tuesday anyway, but I dont want to spend Tuesday after work dealing with Customer support...
    I will be rolling Crusader too. I think I sow hammer spam in one of the trailers. Thats all the motivation I need! :pac:

I still think that not releasing on PS4 is a STUPId idea. After playing about 60h of Dark Souls 2 in a comfort of my reclainer chair, I would look forward to dust off PS4 and play some Diablo 3 from a scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where is the best xp farm now after the last nerf. Want to make use of the double xp before it goes

resetting quests is good if you're able to rush through them on torment, paragon points in run speed and any ms buffs you have are handy for it, am using ferrets for it atm and it's pretty fast - (155 or so paragon) and getting 2-3 levels per act (roughly under an hour per act)

There's probably a better way, but it's working for me, i also get around 2 legendarys per act too, and the guaranteed one from diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Finally finished the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally finished the game :D

How does one finishes diablo game? I got 200h in it and I am still not finished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How does one finishes diablo game? I got 200h in it and I am still not finished!

I meant beat Diablo for the first time. Gotta get my Witch Doctor to 60 and try level up more characters now.

Act 2 is finally coming in handy with the royal audience farm spot

what's that one?

what's that one?

I think its the 5th quest in the list of act 2.

http://youtu.be/BHEtwyZQEQA

Cant embed, on mobile

My lv45 DH feels more powerful than my lv60 barb due to being leveled up during 2.0 with smart loot. Poor barb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so haven't levelled a character in awhile. Have a very helpful friend with insane DPS ready to boost my crusader from 0 - 60 tomorrow night once RoS hits.

Anyone who's done this recently recommend the fastest way? Highest difficulty and steamroll normal questlines it or is there a better method?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I still think that not releasing on PS4 is a STUPId idea. After playing about 60h of Dark Souls 2 in a comfort of my reclainer chair, I would look forward to dust off PS4 and play some Diablo 3 from a scratch.

It is coming to PS4 though,just no release date yet afaik

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think its the 5th quest in the list of act 2.

http://youtu.be/BHEtwyZQEQA

Cant embed, on mobile

That's a great spot for xp thanks. Looking forward to RoS, hopefully it will be playable late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's a great spot for xp thanks. Looking forward to RoS, hopefully it will be playable late tonight.

11pm, assuming the launch goes smoothly....

11pm, assuming the launch goes smoothly....

That's a very big assumption to make when Blizzard are involved :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so haven't levelled a character in awhile. Have a very helpful friend with insane DPS ready to boost my crusader from 0 - 60 tomorrow night once RoS hits.

Anyone who's done this recently recommend the fastest way? Highest difficulty and steamroll normal questlines it or is there a better method?

Im just going to play and level mine as normal, i like to have time to study the skills and runes ive unlocked and try them out as i lvl up.

Then again if i got the offer of a boost id be very tempted :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Kiith wrote: »
    That's a very big assumption to make when Blizzard are involved :p

I think I've been spolied by only starting to play D3 recently what with the fixed loot system and working servers among other things. The game is so addictive. :)

Out of curiosity, what was the major problem with the auction house that forced them to abandon it, was it the real money purchases or something else? The only auction house I am/was familiar with was in WoW, which worked pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think I've been spolied by only starting to play D3 recently what with the fixed loot system and working servers among other things. The game is so addictive. :)

Out of curiosity, what was the major problem with the auction house that forced them to abandon it, was it the real money purchases or something else? The only auction house I am/was familiar with was in WoW, which worked pretty good.

I think the main one was that it completely negating killing mobs for loot - because any loot you got could easily be improved upon by playing the AH. So it was just about grinding gold, and there was no sense of actually playing the game for the game's sake. At least, that's how I felt.

I think the main one was that it completely negating killing mobs for loot - because any loot you got could easily be improved upon by playing the AH. So it was just about grinding gold, and there was no sense of actually playing the game for the game's sake. At least, that's how I felt.

And the stats on drops were really bad. Intellect on mighty belts... Wtf

Dcully wrote: »
    Im just going to play and level mine as normal, i like to have time to study the skills and runes ive unlocked and try them out as i lvl up.

Then again if i got the offer of a boost id be very tempted :)

I'll probably do the same. Although i'm half tempted to roll a different class, as everyone will be running Crusaders.

Will it be like when they released hero classes in Warcraft? As in they'll be unbelievably overpowered for a few weeks, and eventually nerfed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

The community xp buff is over...

No longer getting 1bill xp/h.. maxing out at about 450m :/

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll probably do the same. Although i'm half tempted to roll a different class, as everyone will be running Crusaders.

Will it be like when they released hero classes in Warcraft? As in they'll be unbelievably overpowered for a few weeks, and eventually nerfed?

Tbh that was only DK. Monk was very balanced on release due to the new talent system. Diablo uses a similar system so unless someone finds an unintended build it should be balanced

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone receive their G2PLAY key yet?

No sign of mine yet. Might drop them an email, as they got back to me pretty quickly last time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The community xp buff is over...

No longer getting 1bill xp/h.. maxing out at about 450m :/
    So much for my idea to get home early for one final run :P

I'll settle for 65 paragon levels for now though and push for 70; once I've farmed up my Wizard to a decent gear level I'll go back to level up my WD and start up the Crusader.

Advertisement