Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've not gotten a code from G2Play yet either, and i paid for it last week. I'm confident of getting it in time though. Does it need to be pre-loaded or are the files downloaded for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dcully wrote: »
    No code yet but they stated as much saying i will get on release day if not before.

Same for myself. Just making sure I wasn't the only one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

We're still getting valorous wings right?

The hearthstone cards aren't replacing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I purchased on Fast2play and same deal, no code till release

We're still getting valorous wings right?

The hearthstone cards aren't replacing them?

No no, you'll still get the wings. The cards are just something extra

• Advertisement

No no, you'll still get the wings. The cards are just something extra

Nice. Some unexpected extras for pre-ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got the wings today, i dont think much of them tbh.. the white ones are nicer, maybe they'll look better on a crusader :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Do the wings give any abilities or are they just cosmetic?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do the wings give any abilities or are they just cosmetic?

Just cosmetic

got the wings today, i dont think much of them tbh.. the white ones are nicer, maybe they'll look better on a crusader :)

I don't have the white ones but I like the valourous ones. Will look amazing on geared up crusader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't have the white ones but I like the valourous ones. Will look amazing on geared up crusader.

I use the evil bone ones that Kerrigan has from Starcraft. I look so eeeevil :P

kerrigann.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I can't find the boards community, is it no longer open?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I can't find the boards community, is it no longer open?

Make sure you change the language to UK, that caught me out.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

There is double xp at the moment for diablo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Meh. Not much use if you keep getting disconnected and your ping is 800.

:( /sniff

28lwgfs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.

We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

The class sets weren't designed as a progression, but rather as a lateral choice between different play styles. It makes sense for all of them to be obtained at the same difficulty level, alongside the other sets that will be available at 70 in Torment I+. This should also make these very strong items a little bit more rare, and when you reach level 70 and you see someone wearing a full set, you’ll know the level of play they needed to reach in order to acquire those items.

The reward level of each difficulty setting and how they feel is very important to us, and it’s something we’ll continue to observe and tweak as we enter the expansion.

Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

It took us some time to evaluate whether or not we wanted to alter some of the current most popular runs. Our baseline for comparison for these alternative runs is to see how they stack up versus Adventure Mode and Bounty runs, and these different types of play should be on par (or at least fairly close). After extensive testing, we were finding this wasn't the case and came to the decision to make these changes. It’s a decision we wrestled with for a while, but ultimately, we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play.

On a related note, we know a lot of you are still preparing for the launch of Reaper of Souls, so we’re also upping the ante on the Community bonus experience event. Starting right now and for this weekend only, the bonus experience provided will be upped from 50% to 100%. This should help you get all your nephalem heroes leveled and geared up for the battle against Malthael!

:( /sniff

28lwgfs.jpg

All hail our fallen comrade

disgusted that it was a trash mob that got the killing blow with a reflect too. Hehe, ah well, 79 hours of fun with it :)

• Advertisement

disgusted that it was a trash mob that got the killing blow with a reflect too. Hehe, ah well, 79 hours of fun with it :)

I really wouldn't be able to see it that way.

I just couldn't handle a Hardcore character.
    Losing it would destroy me.

So I just got Wizardspike with my Mage. Stats aren't stellar but it's very fast so my dps went up 15% anyway.

I'd been running the standard frozen orb build with my Wizard and it's obviously very strong.
    Wizardspike, however, has an effect that generates frozen orbs when you attack (it says 24% but it's clearly much lower - maybe 10-15%).

Are there any fun builds I could use to move away from the frozen orbiness, given that I'll be getting a bit of it for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

arcane torrent with death blossom is pretty beasty too :)

I'm also a fan of wave of force, but it requires fire ability gear to make it hit mega hard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gbear wrote: »
    So I just got Wizardspike with my Mage. Stats aren't stellar but it's very fast so my dps went up 15% anyway.

I'd been running the standard frozen orb build with my Wizard and it's obviously very strong.
    Wizardspike, however, has an effect that generates frozen orbs when you attack (it says 24% but it's clearly much lower - maybe 10-15%).

Are there any fun builds I could use to move away from the frozen orbiness, given that I'll be getting a bit of it for free?

There are literally tonnes of viable builds, i like to experiment myself and come up with new ones.

Gbear wrote: »
    I really wouldn't be able to see it that way.

I just couldn't handle a Hardcore character.
    Losing it would destroy me.

that's the beauty and brutality of it, every pack on torment is a rush :)
    but it is crushing to lose a well geared toon, i might just play soft til til tuesday lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Wont be able to get back on until sunday, really missing out on this double xp. Having so much fun with this game, have my DH at 60 and my monk at 38. Anyone know what time the double xp is over

I had a go looking at something with Arcane Dynamo (5 signature spells give your next non-signiture +60%).

I also gave Molten Impact (super Meteor) a go.

It does crazy damage - like 1.5m for a character with 60k dps. But the 15 second cooldown makes it a bit annoying having to wait for. It becomes pretty useless vs elites.

The trick seems to be all about having a spell you can fire a lot of. Just plonking 1 hydra down and then running around waiting for it to kill things is a little boring.

And you seem to need things like Familiar and Magic weapon to do enough damage in Torment, whereas before I used to have a build that used Time Warp, Blizzard, Star Pact Meteor and Arcane Hydra.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, hit 60 with my Wizard today, and am half way through act 3. Would i be better off restarting on Torment straight away, or waiting a while?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

torment straight away!

• Advertisement

yeah do torment straight off the bat, but do it in a group - random pugs for the win, you'll probably feel really underpowered until you gear yourself up a bit though. Also dont forget to craft some gear for yourself if you're stuck.

Advertisement