Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

its the same paragon xp bar for all of your characters too, so can do 0-20% with one, 20-40% with another etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can someone explain Frozen Orb for me? Whenever I cast, it doesn't "hit" the first mob in it's path. Instead, it travels for a set distance then explodes. It just doesn't "feel" right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played a bit more last night.

Was leveling my Monk, but going from level 27 to 52 so far - I gave up. I dont like it at all. My build being crap did not helped too. :pac:
    Played my Barb. WW build nerfed does not effect me much as I hated it anyway. Just massive 2 hander and hitting hard. Torment 1 did a fast job on me. Was okay, but I was very slow and getting my ass handed to me more ofthen then I liked.
    So fired up my beloved Witch Doctor. She is one fine Lady! Few changes and I am steam Rolling Torment 1 like a Boss. Will stick with her up until expansion. Then I am leveling Crusader. Best I can do to be a Paladin! :pac:

Is it me or Leveling Paragon is really EASY now. I went from 37 to 41 in very very short time. I think from act1 start to Skeleton King?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is it me or Leveling Paragon is really EASY now. I went from 37 to 41 in very very short time. I think from act1 start to Skeleton King?

Theres a 50% xp buff up until 24th, it encouraged me to lvl up alts as its such a fast process now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

God i still hate the desert in Act 2. Anyone else have any areas they just speed through. Once i unlock torment can i basically pick and choose where i play from then on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yup hate most of act up until the quest to kill zoltun kulle the fields of misery on act 1 is ****e too. I like act 3 & 4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm getting absolutely buckets of legendaries on Torment.

Despite not getting the regular drops from the mini-bosses I'm still getting about 1 every 40 minutes.

So far in act 1 I've gotten 4 weapons, shoulder guards, a ring and a set of gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

For some reason I hate the start of act 3. Those quests around the battlements do my head in. Enjoy the Cydia parts etc though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

So played hours today... Can't believe all the changes they've made. They are AMAZING!

Guess I'm going to have to get RoS now. Is G2A cheapest place?

So played hours today... Can't believe all the changes they've made. They are AMAZING!

Guess I'm going to have to get RoS now. Is G2A cheapest place?

I think Fast2Play are cheaper: http://www.fast2play.com/category/3784/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-battle-net-key-global-pc-mac-pre-order/

• Advertisement

So, a Legendary staff dropped last night. Also got Sage's Plight plan.

Now, any viable Fire based builds to try get benefit of staff?

Shard Of Hate looks powerful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shard Of Hate looks powerful
    Not really; you can get a 1h weapon with a DPS of 1500+ today and that one's average is 1724.5 (excl. stats & random properties) for 10 more levels.

I mean I'd not turn it down if given one today but I'd expect it to be replaced quite rapidly with something more focused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

What's the best way to progress through the modes and difficulties?

ive run through a few times on normal but today i hopped up to nightmare (master 1) and while im not doing especially bad my blacksmith is beginning to see me very frequently with my armour full of spider bites :D maybe i needed amore gradual slope?

What effect, if any, does the difficulty level have on loot drops?

I had been limping along on Torment 2 with a 40k dps 100k life Barb and I was getting advancing fairly quickly through the paragon levels, getting about 100k gold and about 1 legendary an hour.

But the rate I'm progressing through the story is painful. I'm using Wrath of the Berserker about 3 times each time I face a pack of elites so that must mean it's taking at least 5 minutes per pack.

I've read that you're better off sticking to a difficulty where you 1-shot normal baddies.

What way have ye been doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So is there better drops in Hardcore even if its on normal?

The loot drops are the same on all difficulties. The only difference is the amount of XP & gold you get. If it takes ages to kill the elites scale back to torment 1. You will clear & level up quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gbear wrote: »
    What effect, if any, does the difficulty level have on loot drops?

The odds of a drop or a better drop (i.e. Legendary instead of a Rare, not a better Legendary) increase with difficulty but Blizzard as far as I know haven't said by how much. You're a bit more likely to get drops if you go from Torment I to Torment II but really as ktulu said if you're not grinding through elites quickly it's probably worse legendaries per hour wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

• Advertisement

Well. After about 250 hours I've finally found my first set item - Blackthorne's Pants.

With the AH gone I doubt very much I'll ever get to finish the set.
    At least in D3 I'll be able to share it across every account.

Would I be better off just selling it while the AH is still open?

I also got a set of legendary plans for Penders Grasp.

Not entirely sure how they work but it looks like I need RoS to make them so I'll have to wait a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I did a quick act1-4 clear yesterday with Royal, between act3-4 i found about 6 legendaries, it was insane at the amount of drops i got :D

mostly useless weapons but i might be able to make some nice ones with the stat reroll coming in ROS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

This is all I've played since the latest patch, running through Torment 1 on my new wizard over and over, found that it's a nice compromise between speed and difficulty.

Loving the new loot system but if I see 1 more chaningmail drop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

nix wrote: »
    I did a quick act1-4 clear yesterday with Royal, between act3-4 i found about 6 legendaries, it was insane at the amount of drops i got :D

mostly useless weapons but i might be able to make some nice ones with the stat reroll coming in ROS :D

glad one of us enjoyed it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Well. After about 250 hours I've finally found my first set item - Blackthorne's Pants.

With the AH gone I doubt very much I'll ever get to finish the set.
    At least in D3 I'll be able to share it across every account.

Would I be better off just selling it while the AH is still open?

I also got a set of legendary plans for Penders Grasp.

Not entirely sure how they work but it looks like I need RoS to make them so I'll have to wait a few weeks.

afraid you cant sell it now, as all new legendary's are bound to account.

However! don't fret. you will find the remaining parts for that set piece! it's only a matter of time. i've found 8 blackthorne pieces in the last 3 days. 3 of the amulets got scrapped due to their rolls however...

afraid you cant sell it now, as all new legendary's are bound to account.

However! don't fret. you will find the remaining parts for that set piece! it's only a matter of time. i've found 8 blackthorne pieces in the last 3 days. 3 of the amulets got scrapped due to their rolls however...

8?!?!

How on earth did you do that?
    I did see you're on Paragon level 200+ so you've played a fair bit but still!

Do you get a higher chance of getting items from sets you already have one of the items from?

I am on the hunt for a tal's chest at the moment to go with my shiny amulet. Nix ya bastard!! I see you have one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

lol yeah got the helmet yesterday too :P

Can i haz your amulet? :D

Oh you lucky git!

• Advertisement

8?!?!

How on earth did you do that?
    I did see you're on Paragon level 200+ so you've played a fair bit but still!

Do you get a higher chance of getting items from sets you already have one of the items from?

Dude, its RoyalMarine we talking about. you shouls not say "8?!?!", you should say: "WTF man, you slacking! I would expect Full IK set by now!"

I am pretty sure next expansion boss is going to be "Royale Mariness".

Advertisement