Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the Nation address thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Its so bad you can put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Garzorico wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new German overlords.

If you want German overlords, move to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Just a simple MUHAHAHAHA

or i cant believe im missing xfactor to talk to you ejjits

or we're fecked

or ive thrown the 3.6bl on no. 6 in the 3.30 in Newmarket, its the best chance we have

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

- We never promised XY
    - We never said YZ
    - Just blame the old government, because we did everything right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Stinicker wrote: »
    I will lose all respect for Kenny if he does not put the boot firmly into those Fianna Fail scumbags tonight who caused all this mess.

Oh grow up ffs. Hate Fianna Fail for the cronyism and the brown envelopes and the salaries of all their 'advisors', and rightly so.

But we are now talking about bigger stuff now - and that would have been the same whoever had been in power. Sure every party was voting in the Dail for the same spending strategies - in fact all were trying to out-do each other with spending plans and tax cuts. Enda can't blame FF for enacting the same policies that he himself voted for! We are beyond FF bashing now, and Enda is past the time that he can blame FF - he is now on the hook himself for the promises that he has reneged upon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

"Let me present to you, your new Minister for Finance, Micheal Lowry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

julyjane wrote: »
    "We have turned the corner" :rolleyes:
    Dotrel wrote: »
    "We have won a corner."
    Hank_Jones wrote: »
    We've turned a corner.
    LiamN wrote: »
    Turned a Corner
    ' You may be wondering why there is a German flag in the background.... '
    Garzorico wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new German overlords.

People of Ireland, as your Taoiseach I am proud to announce tonight, that we are now a new country, with a chance of a new birth, new jobs blah blah blah blah blah and we are now a small corner of Germany, or as some have suggested; West Germany...

Guten Abend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Must be something to with this top secret plan to change back to the Punt, the top secret one that the dogs on the street are talking about and the Army aren't supposed to tell anybody about.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

When is this televised wallet rape starting?

I hope he buys us dinner. I like to have dinner bought for me before I get sodomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Fuinseog wrote: »
    and the problem with being good at running a country is what ??
    bring it on i say - our track record is abysmal

more simple minded racism, the product of being over exposed to yobbish English culture.

why not blame the foreigners for taking our jobs? take the swipe at Nigerians as well for the laugh.

i find it interesting that the mods here will tolerate anti Catholic sectarianism or anti German rhetoric but freak out once you criticise the gay community or the nigerians.[/QUOTE]

WHAT ARE YOU ON ???? i was talking about fiscal prudence , they just happen to be germans that were being used as a example of being good at running a country , it could have been the Finns or the Japanese

how is that racism ??? dont ever accuse me of being a racist , show me one line in one post i have ever posted that even leans slightly to the right or racist
    when have i EVER freaked out over the gay community or Nigerians ???

this is the second time in this thread you have accused ( and without foundation ) some one of being a racist

its not anti German rhetoric to mention that the Germans run a tight ship when i comes to running a economy

so i suggest you crawl back to what ever stone you oozed from and stop making MASSIVE assumptions about me - you should learn what sarcasm humor and timing is so in future you wont look like a complete MORON

your accusation has been reported to the mods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

foxinsox wrote: »
    People of Ireland, as your Taoiseach I am proud to announce tonight, that we are now a new country, with a chance of a new birth, new jobs blah blah blah blah blah and we are now a small corner of Germany, or as some have suggested; West Germany...

Guten Abend :(

Let's make history, Germany as such would then be 'East Germany'? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭amacca

I hope he buys us dinner. I like to have dinner bought for me before I get sodomised.

I kinda like a bite after! ...you know, when I wont be able to buy food for myself and I'll be exhausted and hungry from all the physical exertion and psychological trauma that's part and parcel of wallet rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

When is this televised wallet rape starting?

.....though not gay, I have taken note of this. For no reason.

On an unrelated note, how much is it for chicken nuggets and chips these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭pavb2

Don't think they'e on the menu... try bratwurst and saurkraut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 catser6767

Stinicker wrote: »
    I will lose all respect for Kenny if he does not put the boot firmly into those Fianna Fail scumbags tonight who caused all this mess.
    Not a FF supporter, however I clearly remember the Budgets in the good auld days, and all the opposition was critical of the lack of spend. Increase child benefit, increase unemployment benefit, increase carers allowance, increase, increase, increase. On budget day they were all claiming they would have done more, given more, been better to the taxpayer, lowered tax,
    We would be in the same position regardless of who was in office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

"Unfortunately our German masters require" will be used a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

That brian dowling looks like a crim. Like he's got a pair of tights o'er his ed even though he dont

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone know if Channel 4 will have an alternative with Leo Varadkar giving us the best prices on package holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Nodin wrote: »

On an unrelated note, how much is it for chicken nuggets and chips these days?

These days: bout three fiddy

After Budget: €678,563,836.95 with a coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fuinseog, being anti-German or even anti-Nigerian isn't racist.
    Those are nationalities and not races.

I think the posters you accuse of racism isn't even really hating on the Germans, they are hating on the EU (and please let us get back to it in peace, thanks).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

catser6767 wrote: »
    Not a FF supporter, however I clearly remember the Budgets in the good auld days, and all the opposition was critical of the lack of spend. Increase child benefit, increase unemployment benefit, increase carers allowance, increase, increase, increase. On budget day they were all claiming they would have done more, given more, been better to the taxpayer, lowered tax,
    We would be in the same position regardless of who was in office.

Indeed. The entire body politic and the unions dived in like pigs to the trough. Rather ironically, if things had been run along the German or French models, we wouldn't be as up the fucking creek as we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

As you all know we have inhereted a massive financial burden from the last goverment (get the bashing in early). As of now we are suspending the Irish Stock exchange from Trading in the morning....... This is a pivital point in the history of our country......

I have instructed the Central Bank to begin reprinting the punt, the exchange rate will be the same as we entered the Euro @ 79. odd cents. Your money is safe as it is guaranteed by the state, but we will return to the punt by the 1st March. This action

Tomorrow when you go to the Bank machines there will still be money and the country will continue to trade with our European partners..... we wll remain a central part of the EU and the European Monatary unit but we will be incontrol of our own currency and our own destiny.....

Good night and God Bless...

something like this???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

biko wrote: »

I think the posters you accuse of racism isn't even really hating on the Germans, they are hating on the EU.

thank you

but if he even read my post's not once was i anti german , only thing i was anti was FF and in fairness they deserve it in spades :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

"Chat ya later Ireland, I'm off"

I wonder what the odds are on Enda Kenny's address to the nation to open with him getting spit roasted by Merkel and Sarkozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

"stop having children you cant afford"

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

" .and dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies Europe, that they may take our lives money but they will never take our freedom!" - Enda Kenny

Anyone know if there are any streams available for this? RTE's live feed is piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

biko wrote: »

I think the posters you accuse of racism isn't even really hating on the Germans, they are hating on the EU (and please let us get back to it in peace, thanks).

brilliant, so if I come up with something like the recession is due to the amount of Nigerians in this country it will be entertained? I think not.
    if i criticise gays I am immediately banned, yet posters here can be as anti German as they want.
    Yer man came out with heil Merkel, which is alluding to the second world war and deeply offensive to Germans. it has echoes of ignorant british tabloid journalism and is racist. I love your double standards Bikko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

"People of Ireland......bend over"

Advertisement