Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the Nation address thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

"People of Ireland I have asked to speak to you to inform you of some very good news ..... Angela is pregnant "

And she really is! And enda is the daddy.

Ms Kenny, you tranny, your german slapper is trying to leech single mothers benefits and childrens allowance of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

ilovesleep wrote: »
    And she really is! And enda is the daddy.

Has Maury confirmed this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

"vital in going forward with the five point plan..."

"our great state..."

"sacrifice..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fine Gael believes that Ireland’s broken political system is at the heart of its economic collapse. That is why our [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]New Politics[/FONT], first published in March 2010, commits Fine Gael to the most fundamental reform of politics since the 1930s. In any Republic the people are
    supposed to be supreme. Judged by that standard Ireland today is a Republic in name only.
    The expressions “Golden Circle”, “Crony Government” and “Crony Capitalism” all describe
    the same thing: The abduction of our state by both public and private sector vested interests,
    aided and abetted by Fianna Fail.
    Fine Gael’s approach to political reform is underpinned by three key principles:

Change must start at the top. The political system cannot ask others to change and
    make sacrifices if it is not prepared to do the same. Fine Gael will cut the number of
    politicians by 35% by reducing the number of TDs by 20 and asking the Irish people
    to abolish the Seanad. We will also change the pay, pensions and expenses regime for
    politicians, and ban corporate donations to parties.

Change must be fundamental and comprehensive. Modern Ireland cannot be
    governed by a system of government originally designed for 19th Century Britain.

Change must involve the citizens. The people must be consulted on and involved in

the process of political
    etc etc etc etc

:D Sorry that was our election promises,now that were in government ye can all feck of and look after yourselves,our new policy is ourselves alone :D;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Blah, blah, BUDGET...
    Blah, Blah, TREATY...
    BLAH BLAH, DIFFICULT...
    Blah, blah, Darth Vader...
    Blah blahh, bend over here's a lollypop........and there's NOT one for everyone in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

fran38 wrote: »
    "We are a brave and resourceful nation". :eek::eek::eek:

Just like every other nation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I promise I won't get caught bending the rules about salaries anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

realies wrote: »
    Fine Gael believes that Ireland’s broken political system is at the heart of its economic collapse. That is why our [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]New Politics[/FONT], first published in March 2010, commits Fine Gael to the most fundamental reform of politics since the 1930s. In any Republic the people are
    supposed to be supreme. Judged by that standard Ireland today is a Republic in name only.
    The expressions “Golden Circle”, “Crony Government” and “Crony Capitalism” all describe
    the same thing: The abduction of our state by both public and private sector vested interests,
    aided and abetted by Fianna Fail.
    Fine Gael’s approach to political reform is underpinned by three key principles:

Change must start at the top. The political system cannot ask others to change and
    make sacrifices if it is not prepared to do the same. Fine Gael will cut the number of
    politicians by 35% by reducing the number of TDs by 20 and asking the Irish people
    to abolish the Seanad. We will also change the pay, pensions and expenses regime for
    politicians, and ban corporate donations to parties.

Change must be fundamental and comprehensive. Modern Ireland cannot be
    governed by a system of government originally designed for 19th Century Britain.

Change must involve the citizens. The people must be consulted on and involved in

the process of political
    etc etc etc etc

:D Sorry that was our election promises,now that were in government ye can all feck of and look after yourselves,our new policy is ourselves alone :D;):rolleyes:

did ANYBODY actually believe that guff in the first place ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Keeping the corporate tax rate at an unsustainably low level is a red Herring. I have said this all along

• Advertisement

dj jarvis wrote: »
    did ANYBODY actually believe that guff in the first place ???
    It would seem so. Given their landslide victory.

true - but for one small difference

FG have not ( yet ) pissed away the strongest economy in europe , the lowest jobless figures , lowest budget deficit bla bla bla

im no FG supporter - but it will take some doing to beat the UNBELIEVABLE incompetence shown by the previous FF governments

and in fairness - no government in the world does not give its buddy's plush jobs and perks - nature of the beast im afraid - you must have know this when you voted that ALL the party's would be like this

Complete tosh. They were elected on a 'no sleaze/cronyism' mandate. Fckuing hypocrites. And you're DEFENDING IT???:eek::rolleyes:

Freddie59 wrote: »
    It would seem so. Given their landslide victory.

i dont believe that for one minute - it was a kicking for FF
    it was vote for anyone but FF - sad state of politics but true i think

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Complete tosh. They were elected on a 'no sleaze/cronyism' mandate. Fckuing hypocrites. And you're DEFENDING IT???:eek::rolleyes:
    ha ha very funny - bit naive are we not - NO party sticks to it election promises - how old are you ????

point out where i am defending it ??? in fact i pointed out many times now that it was always going to happen no matter WHO was in power
    how is that defending them ???
    the same would have happened if it was SF , greens ect ect

try reading my posts before accusing me of something i was not defending

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I think Enda's going to mime along to Final Countdown by Europe,then he'll take a revolver out of his desk,shoot the cameraman and then himself.

Then Bertie will walk in,laugh evilly,turn the light out,and close the door.

Then the Eastenders theme will play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

ha ha very funny - bit naive are we not - NO party sticks to it election promises - how old are you ????

point out where i am defending it ??? in fact i pointed out many times now that it was always going to happen no matter WHO was in power
    how is that defending them ???
    the same would have happened if it was SF , greens ect ect

try reading my posts before accusing me of something i was not defending
    the opposition parties during the boom would have acted no differently to ff.

as a country we are not capable of governing ourselves, being prudent with money etc

gigino wrote: »
    the opposition parties during the boom would have acted no differently to ff.

as a country we are not capable of governing ourselves, being prudent with money etc

exactly my point in my previous posts
    coming to the conclusion the the republic project has failed miserably
    no matter who is a the helm

can we actually govern our self's ??? im not so sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Why does anybody need to tell you what state your nation is in?

It should be obvious it's in a fairly dire state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

What time is it on at? RTE 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

"Lads, diesel is more expensive than unleaded now, we're surely ****ed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

mattjack wrote: »
    Vee haf to speak the German from now on.Deutchland Uber Alles und arbiet macht frei.

if that post is not racist then I do not know what is. I see you are not alone.

you are reading too many British tabloids pal. the war is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

Good evening people of Ireland.

I address to you now as your Taoiseach because it is my sad duty to do so. Make no mistake I speak to you all as one, the people of Ireland. Ireland of course would be nothing without its people so in this time of need that is why I say to you now ........

Its time to bend over.....young and old alike must bend over.....AND I'm afraid you must bend over more and for longer than you have bent over before.. even when your calves are screaming, your thigh muscles are in agony and your holes are red raw you must stay in that position.

Take it from me if you don't all hell will break loose and you will go back to being the suspicious little peasants you always were bartering with spuds and Guinness for a ride while the rest of Europe leaves us to become the backwater we once were and to add insult to injury I wont be able to attend anymore EU summits.....

So think about that when you consider protesting tomorrow and the day after because I don't even have the good grace to give you a reacharound after bending you over your own garden fence, I know you'll make the right decision ya little boloxes.

can we actually govern our self's ??? im not so sure

Can anyone else....I'm not so sure.

Should anyone else....I'm not so sure......actually no wait I am.....I believe we should govern ourselves, no matter how badly we do.

amacca wrote: »
    Can anyone else....I'm not so sure.

Should anyone else....I'm not so sure......actually no wait I am.....We should govern ourselves, no matter how badly we do.

so carry on as we are - laughing stock internationally

dont get me wrong - i dont offer a solution

but if this was a football team , all the player and the management would have been sacked a long time ago , we just keep using the same crappy players - would it be wrong to bring in some professional foreign players
    to boost the squad

i dont know, but i have a mad idea !!!
    how about getting someone who is TRAINED with a track record in finance to be our finance minister instead of a solicitor or teacher

mad i know - but sure we will get the clowns we keep voting for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

• Registered Users Posts: 43 casandra

Bet RTE news at nine has some good news story before the address to the nation, e.g new jobs announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭pavb2

International economic crisis....Euro crisis....Global meltdown etc etc

In other words it's not our fault, theres nothing we can do about it.don't blame us for the cuts

i dont know, but i have a mad idea !!!
    how about getting someone who is TRAINED with a track record in finance to be our finance minister instead of a solicitor or teacher

Thats still governing ourselves...I thought you were advocating us not governing ourselves :confused:

In any event I agree..sort of...thing is there are a lot of people with track records in finance who haven't exactly showered themselves in glory over the past ten years.....

I would settle for anyone with a brain from any walk of life with a certain amount of freedom and independence (for a defined period of time) incentivised to create an equitable (insofar as possible) and stable sustainable system.

A lot of the problems of this world are down to the "experts" phenomenon......I'm of the opinion that many of these so called experts are skilled mainly in the area of feathering their own nests.

mad i know - but sure we will get the clowns we keep voting for

well the clowns the majority of people vote for are the peoples problem in the end so perhaps they will eventually make a better decision or perhaps they wont I still support the right of those people (including myself) to vote for who they god damn please as long as those people are made suffer the consequences of their decisions

for the minority who voted otherwise ... well thats just how the cookie crumbles.

I think Enda's going to mime along to Final Countdown by Europe,then he'll take a revolver out of his desk,shoot the cameraman and then himself.

Then Bertie will walk in,laugh evilly,turn the light out,and close the door.

Then the Eastenders theme will play.

the Eastenders theme would be the most depressing part of that for me

+ why did'nt the baddie die in the end....what sort of scriptwriter are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Is that you or ms kenny speaking?

I can assure you I am not loaded. :(

Advertisement