Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the Nation address thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

dj jarvis wrote: »
    and he has EVERY right to nail those FF bastards becasue they ARE mostly at fault for destroying the country

True. But don't kid yourself, the current shower are every bit as good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

When is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

9:30 RTE 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

True. But don't kid yourself, the current shower are every bit as good

i agree - but when the fu2k up they will get the same punishment at the polls

what annoys me is the brass neck of FF and its cult members assuming 12 months later we will all have forgotten :eek:
    i was listening to newstalk last week and a FF bandit said " change the record - you cant keep using that as a excuse " i nearly drove to the studio to kick the crap out off the FF lackey

they can use it and should becasue they would not have to sell the country if FF did not completely fu2k the place up

FG will get the same if they do the same - but ill wait and see
    TBH i feel slightly sorry for them becasue in fairness its the poison chalice of all poison chalices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Moving forward
    Mistakes of the past
    Great nation
    Fighting nation
    Spirited nation
    Believe in the future etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

well one thing is for sure

this address will be on reeling in the years in 20 years - we will watch this and think holy fu2k they fu2ked us good and proper

he will mention , going forward , troika , imf , emf , our European partners
    the last government , pain , Ireland future , croke park deal , international markets , bond yields , anal fisting , for the good of the nation , angela merkel
    ,painful choices , tax take , difficult choices , no choice

have i left anything out ?

Wonder if these fellas will get a mention?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZX0mcases4M&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

"It's ok, my friends don't have to worry. But for the rest of ya... problem?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Enda Kenny: "People of Ireland, we must cooperate wholly and fully with the ECB as it is in Ireland's interests ... etc... in the interest of European unity ... stability of the future economy ... jobs ... sharing the burden ... our children's future ... dignity and respect ... etc..."

Reading between the lines:

Enda Kenny: "People of Ireland, we are totally fucked. It's time now to prostate ourselves in front of our new Supreme German Overlords in the Deutscher Bundestag and await 800 years of Teutonic fiscal discipline. Heil Merkel!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Kensington wrote: »
    Wonder will he copy one of Barrack Obama's state of the nation speeches?

Wouldn't be the first time...

Obama has never given a 'State of the Nation' address...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

"We are a brave and resourceful nation". :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

"I've just been on the phone with the Queen and they'll take us back"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what your country can do you for.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

"We have won a corner."

Enda Kenny: "People of Ireland, we are totally fucked. It's time now to prostate ourselves in front of our new Supreme German Overlords in the Deutscher Bundestag and await 800 years of Teutonic fiscal discipline. Heil Merkel!"[/QUOTE]

and the problem with being good at running a country is what ??
    bring it on i say - our track record is abysmal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

We've turned a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

i agree - but when the fu2k up they will get the same punishment at the polls

what annoys me is the brass neck of FF and its cult members assuming 12 months later we will all have forgotten :eek:
    i was listening to newstalk last week and a FF bandit said " change the record - you cant keep using that as a excuse " i nearly drove to the studio to kick the crap out off the FF lackey

they can use it and should becasue they would not have to sell the country if FF did not completely fu2k the place up

FG will get the same if they do the same - but ill wait and see
    TBH i feel slightly sorry for them becasue in fairness its the poison chalice of all poison chalices

FG can make a change right now if they so wanted and cared enough for the country. Instead today we saw Enda Kenny's adviser given a pay rise above and beyond the pay cap. That's insulting each and every single one of us forced down the the austerity path because we don't belong in the golden gravy train. Austerity and poverty for the little men working like paupers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Get those steel drums out of the um, taoiseachs office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Seriously though I imagine "Best Interests", "Pulling Together" and "Sacrifices" will get a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

HARD TIMES' COME AGAIN NO MORE

• Advertisement

Enda Kenny: "People of Ireland, we are totally fucked. It's time now to prostate ourselves in front of our new Supreme German Overlords in the Deutscher Bundestag and await 800 years of Teutonic fiscal discipline. Heil Merkel!"

and the problem with being good at running a country is what ??
    bring it on i say - our track record is abysmal

Edit: The Sadomasochistic Teutonic Authoritarian Fetish of Fiscal Discipline. *Spank*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Enda Kenny: "People of Ireland, we are totally f***ed. It's time now to hand the country back to the Queen with a note of apology as even the IMF + UK and EU will not lend us 22 billion a year any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

fair and equitable
    fundamentals are strong.
    best and brightest

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"People of Ireland I have asked to speak to you to inform you of some very good news ..... Angela is pregnant "

ilovesleep wrote: »
    FG can make a change right now if they so wanted and cared enough for the country. Instead today we saw Enda Kenny's adviser given a pay rise above and beyond t he pay cap. That's insulting each and every single one of us forced down the down the austerity path because we don't belong in the golden gravy train.

true - but for one small difference

FG have not ( yet ) pissed away the strongest economy in europe , the lowest jobless figures , lowest budget deficit bla bla bla

im no FG supporter - but it will take some doing to beat the UNBELIEVABLE incompetence shown by the previous FF governments

and in fairness - no government in the world does not give its buddy's plush jobs and perks - nature of the beast im afraid - you must have know this when you voted that ALL the party's would be like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

'Tonight Ireland ich bin ein berliner. I have a dream, that one day you remember when I said I'd kill you last Bennett? I lied. Yippee kai yay motherfuckers. AAAAidriaaaann, we will fight them on hte beaches, paradigm shift, so to sum up....aliens

"People of Ireland I have asked to speak to you to inform you of some very good news ..... Angela is pregnant "

The birth of the Antichrist; born of a jackal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Spare change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

well one thing is for sure

this address will be on reeling in the years in 20 years - we will watch this and think holy fu2k they fu2ked us good and proper

he will mention , going forward , troika , imf , emf , our European partners
    the last government , pain , Ireland future , croke park deal , international markets , bond yields , anal fisting , for the good of the nation , angela merkel
    ,painful choices , tax take , difficult choices , no choice

have i left anything out ?

reality ....scissors....equality with private sector.....equality with german public sector....german masters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

"We need a land whose countryside will be...joyous...with the romping of sturdy children, the contest of athletic youths and the laughter of happy maidens."

Advertisement