Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the Nation address thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Lars1916 wrote: »
    How much was it, before Enda took over?

Not sure, i was just putting it up in large font so people would remember it. You often see people here saying we need to cut dole etc as we are borrowing €18 billion or €20 billion per year.

The figure now is 16 billion according to Enda tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

dj jarvis wrote: »
    ah crap!!! is that legally binding ???

nah its the guys after you that take the crap while the new posters pay for what you did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

hoodwinked wrote: »
    nah its the guys after you that take the crap while the new posters pay for what you did! :D

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

That was boring. I watched it twice, then came on here to see what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

starting now on tv3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thank you for proving my point.

Fine then.

I'm delighted that I won't have any real career opportunites until 2015 as our dear leader pointed out in his marvellous and wonderful speech.

Sure it's only around the corner anyway.

Happy days in this country. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

All it was is a reminder for ordinary people to go and find the Vaseline between now and Tuesday,,,because we are going to Ride you Bigtime,,

,:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

It's like a disclaimer to the budget ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

woodoo wrote: »
    Arbeit macht frei.

Dummkopf.
    Enda macht frei

Vorsprung durch Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sharrow wrote: »
    So the goverments plan to get us out of the hole they and the banks put is in is'
    Arbiet macht frei?

Still not korrect. Ve vill haf trouble with zis country.

• Advertisement

And now, for something completely different! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Steven Hawking could have delivered a more rallying speech to the country.

What ever slip mili ounce of respect I had for Inda Kenny is gone out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Still not korrect. Ve vill haf trouble with zis country.

Anal much?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

EGAR wrote: »
    Anal much?

Isn't there a rule against flirting in AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Isn't there a rule against flirting in AH?

You don't post much in AH, do you :D?

But then again, I barely care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

woodoo wrote: »
    Not sure, i was just putting it up in large font so people would remember it. You often see people here saying we need to cut dole etc as we are borrowing €18 billion or €20 billion per year.

The figure now is 16 billion according to Enda tonight.

is that before or after Noonan found that 3.6 billion under his matress?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭histories

I'm reminded of that scene in Ghostbusters 2 when they are in court and Egon says "Very good, Louis. Short, but pointless"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

You just know he took off the eye patch and put down the white cat just before he started speaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No, but that was a complete waste of fucking time.

And he looked like a fucking twat.

*thinks back to AH debates on TDs not wearing ties*
    "....what the hell does it matter what they look like?!!"
    53 Thanks

Good ol AH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

" the best small country in the world to do business "
    me f**king arse

and the retailers here are on their knees, and he proposes to increase vat another 2% so more people go north + shop on-line from outside our little state.

he should be shot like a lot of the other highly paid top public servants in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Good to see empty rhetoric is well and truly alive...

He went on and on about creating jobs but never suggested how he might do that. Are they just gonna fall from the sky? And then after all that creating jobs business, he said they were gonna cut 23,000 public sector jobs - is that not a massive paradox? Where does he think those 23,000 are gonna go? I know they need to cut the public sector bill, but they're just gonna end up paying an extra 23,000 people on the dole or through pensions - much of a muchness...

Also it amused me the way he pronounces treaty with three syllables :P

This is what I got out of it: "Ah lads, look, it's not our fault. Not mine, not yours. And sorry, but... eh... I'll have to take a loada money off you on Tuesday. But I'll get ye jobs, I promise... Yeah, I promise I will. Sure didn't I get one for that fella in Limerick? And the other European lads will sort out this euro thing, and we might get rid of that Senate crowd next year. Ah sure the future will be grand, don't even be worrying about it. It'll be grand in 4.. or, eh, 7, years." Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 snes23

be great if someone did a proper hash of state of nation and hit it on youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

If Carlsberg did 'state of the nation' speech's, he would have shouted "SEE YA ALL IN COPPERS"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

snes23 wrote: »
    be great if someone did a proper hash of state of nation and hit it on youtube...

Needs more autotune tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

This is what I got out of it: "Ah lads, look, it's not our fault. Not mine, not yours. And sorry, but... eh... I'll have to take a loada money off you on Tuesday. But I'll get ye jobs, I promise... Yeah, I promise I will. Sure didn't I get one for that fella in Limerick? And the other European lads will sort out this euro thing, and we might get rid of that Senate crowd next year. Ah sure the future will be grand, don't even be worrying about it. It'll be grand in 4.. or, eh, 7, years." Did I miss anything?

no...that's about it I think

cept for the details...Bertie and Padraig Harrington do the eh eh ahs like a reversing dump truck as they speak.................

Inda speaks as if he's got an itchy hole but hes determined not to give in to the urge to give it a good old scratching...this leads to short measured sentences with slight pauses in between in order to master the urge to climb up his own arse and see whats "goin on" up there so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

I was working up the North for the last while, and today I listened to Radio 1s coverage of Inda kInnys "speech to the natshiun", and frankly, he came across as a total buffoon speaking gibberish and platitudes, with a leprechaun accent as an added kicker.
    He also sounded totally disingenuous. Most of the Irish people I deal with daily are well educated, worldly and pretty sophisticated and yet we end up being represented by a bunch of spivs with nothing but their own self-interest at heart.
    Are we as a people really that thick? The presenters on Radio 1 seemed to have a fairly patronising attitude to Kennys diatribe-in fairness it was hard not to agree. Do we come across as a bunch of thicks and gombeens to other nations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Solnskaya wrote: »
    I was working up the North for the last while, and today I listened to Radio 1s coverage of Inda kInnys "speech to the natshiun", and frankly, he came across as a total buffoon speaking gibberish and platitudes, with a leprechaun accent as an added kicker. He also sounded totally disingenuous. Most of the Irish people I deal with daily are well educated, worldly and pretty sophisticated and yet we end up being represented by a bunch of spivs with nothing but their own self-interest at heart. Are we as a people really that thick? The presenters on Radio 1 seemed to have a fairly patronising attitude to Kennys diatribe-in fairness it was hard not to agree. Do we come across as a bunch of thicks and gombeens to other nations?

Do you really judge people by their accent? If he had a posh accent would it be better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

This kind of poorly written rant is exactly why I rarely post in AH

Maybe try some spacing to make your babble some way readable?

Advertisement