Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thargor wrote: »
    I go home to my parents once a month and theres a giant stack of mail on my desk every time and it is all complete crap, thought it was because I donate to Sightsavers but obviously it was National Geographic all along.

To be honest the quality level of NG has gone through the floor lately, its all human interest now, stories about such and such a community struggling to hold their traditions against modern blah blah or even worse coverage of certain Chinatown/Londons East End/other areas like that, so boring, Im only interested in seeing epic places I want to visit like Yellowstone or the Artic and they dont seem to do these stories any more, the odd bit of human interest is okay but dont make the whole magazine about it...

Might also be worth informing these dudes that you dont wanna be receiving crap - www.mpsonline.org.uk and www.idma.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Noggle

Anyways;) I was thinking of getting the NGM as a gift for xmas for my nephew -what do you think is the best way to go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Seems tesco clubcard. €9.50 for 12 issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Still the gold standard for photojournalism and the writing remains far above most other sources. For the price there simply isn't any better value in a magazine.

Noggle wrote: »
    Anyways;) I was thinking of getting the NGM as a gift for xmas for my nephew -what do you think is the best way to go about it?

Read the op post, read the thread and see.........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got a pleading letter from Barrettstown today.
    This is two months after I instructed bill-moss and NGM to cease sending me correspondence and remove my details from any existing mailing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

snubbleste wrote: »
    I got a pleading letter from Barrettstown today.
    This is two months after I instructed bill-moss and NGM to cease sending me correspondence and remove my details from any existing mailing list.

I'd meant to post that I'd got another charity one last month using my Nat Geo typo address. Sort of thought I'd let it pass as I'd thought it could take a month or so to filter through. Now if I get one from Barrettstown thats a different matter - my main question will be on what date did they acquire my address and from whom.

I got a pleading letter from Barretstown today. This is two months after I instructed bill-moss and NGM to cease sending me correspondence and remove my details from any existing mailing list.

Barretstown got back to me to confirm that
    a) my name appeared on the National Geographic subscriber list and
    b) this was a list they purchased from Bill Moss Lists Ireland to use in Barretstown's Christmas campaign.

Barretstown got back to me to confirm that
    a) my name appeared on the National Geographic subscriber list and
    b) this was a list they purchased from Bill Moss Lists Ireland to use in Barretstown's Christmas campaign.

Did they say when they purchased the list from NGS ?? was it around the time this all kicked off?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I'm getting all the mail too. thing is , that when I ordered, it I put my son's name done as the name on recipient, and the mags come addressed to him, but the begging letters come addressed to me (as in, it was my name on the billing address), so they are selling the names of the folks who pay the bill!( as far as I can tell)
    Will email the national geographic people and others as suggested above.
    It is annoying, and considering the hassle of getting the first issues sent out,not really inclined to renew subscription have to say( but then again, cannot argue with the value!)

• Advertisement

Got a missive from Time magazine yesterday telling me I'm a very successful person and to please subscribe to them.
    They also got my details from Bill Moss/Nat Geo.

Unwisely, they enclosed a freepost envelope so I sent it back with 'no unsolicited mail' scrawled across the letter. T'will cost them ~80c

Got a missive from Time magazine yesterday telling me I'm a very successful person and to please subscribe to them.
    They also got my details from Bill Moss/Nat Geo.

Unwisely, they enclosed a freepost envelope so I sent it back with 'no unsolicited mail' scrawled across the letter. T'will cost them ~80c

Ah, yes I got one of these as well. I am so successful they even enclosed a privilege card. Hadn't thought of returning in the freepost - will do that tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i'm feeling left out here. I never got any junk mail:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone still getting these?

I am on my 14th free copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'm getting them randomly - they arrive half way though the month now. Someone in the local sorting office may be nabbing some, as a few issues have never arrived.

I'm still getting these too, the double issues stopped in December, I never renewed the subscription yet they keep sending me them every month Free Gratis !!. They have never taken payment ! I authorised them to take payment in Jan 2012 for 12 months but they have never done so - that's what they get for selling my details without my permission !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I'm getting them randomly - they arrive half way though the month now. Someone in the local sorting office may be nabbing some, as a few issues have never arrived.

Send then a mail and they will send out a replacement copy. It happened me once and to be fair within 2 weeks a replacement arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

brightkane wrote: »

Me the same :)

received one yesterday along with a separate letter saying it was my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

NatGeo UK site has a special deal 23 euro 12 months subscription + fleece + world map.

Use BT1 1AA as postcode for billing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

donnacha wrote: »
    received one yesterday along with a separate letter saying it was my last one.

i also got same letter past two or three months but still arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

As did I

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

soirish wrote: »
    NatGeo UK site has a special deal 23 euro 12 months subscription + fleece + world map.

Use BT1 1AA as postcode for billing.

I tried this a few weeks ago. Once they found out it was going to an Irish address they charged me the Irish Price of €33. So the Bt11AA method definetly DOESNT work.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Oh bloody hell!! :mad: I've just ordered !!!:mad::mad:
    See how it goes for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

still getting them.
    However I remember from last year with all the delays, and their offer of a few free copies, I had it in my head that my sub should finish in May (I received the first one in May, along with a back cat of march and april. )
    So I am not sure if I will get the May issue or not. Pretty good value considering. Still getting the junk mail, but its only about 1 letter a month.

flintash wrote: »
    Oh bloody hell!! :mad: I've just ordered !!!:mad::mad:
    See how it goes for me :(

Here we go!! Last week I got some sort of flyer saying my free gifts are on the way, this week got my free map!!! :P
    Still waiting for my first magazine copy :D

Hogzy wrote: »
    I tried this a few weeks ago. Once they found out it was going to an Irish address they charged me the Irish Price of €33. So the Bt11AA method definetly DOESNT work.

;)

Is this still working for you flintash?

NatGeo is offering £12 subscription for UK residents https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/NG/NGM/UK_Facebook.jsp?cds_page_id=96659&cds_mag_code=NGM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

If you have Tesco vouchers,€9.50 worth will give you 12 issues via Tesco deals. Many have vouchers and dont know it. Just check your a/c.
    I know not every one has a Tesco near by but its an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bromley52 wrote: »
    If you have Tesco vouchers,€9.50 worth will give you 12 issues via Tesco deals. Many have vouchers and dont know it. Just check your a/c.
    I know not every one has a Tesco near by but its an option.
    How do I do this?I logged onto their site but cant seem to see how many Clubcard points I have?

Advertisement